Motherwell V Hamilton Accies 27/09/14

Yabba's Turd

hopefully McCall and Black are penning their resignations letters as I write and our General Manager is on the phone to Mark McGhee about a return with Faddy as player assistant manager.

In reality though MCcCall is probably right now thinking how many changes he will make next week with his overall objective to be to never name the same team twice. And our GM is whoring himself around the press box as usual!

Grim

Absolutely catastrophic result and performance from Motherwell today. It has to rank as one of the worst ever displays I've ever seen and this season now must rank as one of the worst in Motherwell's history going back into the 1990's. The Malpas season wasn't this bad. I've been to 7 matches this season and I've seen us score 1 goal and that was on the first day of the domestic season!

I'm not going to say much about the line up picked today by McCall. Maybe there was a good reason for it with player injuries and fitness but it was clearly a very weak side. But to then put them out in a formation I can't even remember us every playing before (midfield diamond) just WHY?!!! Someone just tell me WHY you would do that? Weakened team, playing in form team, important match....just WHY?!!!!

The first half was an utter embarrassment. It was literally as if we'd pulled 11 punters out the stands and put them in jerseys and people say things like that a lot and they are usually exaggerating but that's what it actually looked like today. We literally could not do any of the basics like a 5 yard pass time and time again. I would LOVE to see Simon Ramsden's pass completion stats for today because I'll bet they must rank among the worst of all time!

The goals we lost were absolutely pathetic, first Francis Angol completely fucking up what looked like a routine clearance and then Lawson almost matching his esteemed colleague in the 'making a complete fucking pigs ear of it' by gifting the second.

Second half Accies LITERALLY DIDN'T EVEN TRY and they still beat us 2-0 over the half, although the penalty was a scandalous decision from one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen. But we can hardly blame the referee when we deserved nothing better today.

In second gear Accies might even have scored a few more if not for poor finishing and a few decent saves from Twardzik.

This season is beginning to turn into dust for us and I'm absolutely serious about this, we look like Hibs did last season. Unless there are big changes soon that is how it is going to go for us, because there is not a team in the league that wouldn't beat us comprehensively on todays display.

One last thing. To all those who have been going on all season about Lasley being finish and he needs to go - that's what happens when Lasley isn't there. He might not be having a good season but we are a ghost team without him in there, a ghost team heading out of this league.

• Like 2

Aye, I can imagine before every game he thinks to himself "I wonder what the worst result is I can get - that will certainly improve my chances to move on to a better job"

how many managers in the uk publicly predicted before the season they would have results so bad fans would chuck it?

he doesn't give a fuck about bad results, the iceland debacle proved that "not embarassed". he doesn't give a fuck about the squad's fitness which is why we're knackered after two months. he doesn't give a fuck about application which is why vigurs and ainsworth can just wander about the midfield and never face any consequences.

he has to go. we cannot afford to be relegated or lose patg fans give that season ticket sales have clearly dropped massively.

• Like 1

On a separate not, was in PoD stand today (usually in East when I go) and really surprised to see our GM hang around the dugout like a bad smell? Whats that all about??

Having just watched that performance why is this important or even being discussed. We have much bigger problems than a manager in the dugout.

Shocking from start to finish with a brief flirt with mediocrity for the first fifteen minutes of the second half. Angol and Lawson both lucky not to be sent off in the first half as well. We got papped 4-0 at home by a team who were competent and energetic and no more than that. Granted that's two things we weren't and why they won. Serious serious questions need to be asked as that was unacceptable. All four goals would shame a public park outfit too.

Can't really add much more than what has been said already. It really is as bad as it gets. I'm struggling to think of a more embarrassing result and performance in recent memory. It's worth singling out McManus' shocking, irresponsible, potentially destructive and completely unnecessary booking in the first minute. For me that sums up his attitude to playing for Motherwell and I've never warmed to him since he signed. Any other suggestions as to the formation today? Players "running on empty" after 7 games?!?? Only team in the league unable to recover from playing on AstroTurf? 2 full backs being injured apparently being the reason nothing's clicked yet?!

From the get go this season it has looked bad and it really isn't a surprise to see us playing as bad as we have been and sitting where we are in the league when every single player in the squad is performing at around 25% of what they are capable of. It's actually a miracle we have 7 points and unless you were at Parkhead or in Dingwall, which 90% of us weren't, then you'll have seen Motherwell score 1 goal this domestic season. Seriously. Just let that stat sink in.

Scant resources have been wasted and we are now finding ourselves in a "mini-league" dogfight to stay in the division. The shambles and sluggish start to the season hasn't sorted itself out as we hoped and despite the previous good times under McCall nothing lasts forever and things have unravelled big time.

It's never nice for it to come to this but McCall and blacks resignation should be submitted and accepted on the morning.

Any other suggestions as to the formation today?

.............Twardzik...................

.......Kerr............McManus..........

Ramsden........................Angol....

..................Lawson.....................

......Carswell........Leitch............

..................Erwin......................

......Ojamaa..........McHugh............

Definite diamond midfield. Did not work at all. We changed it at half time but it was too late by then.

How we managed to get a point at parkhead i'll never know!!!! Few questions that need to be answer

1) is there problems behind the scenes that know1 knows about?

2) do we actually train,if so how fucking long for?

3) what the fuck is mccalls game plan for games?

4) how can we call our players professionals coz ave seen better players in a local park.

Yes we were due a poor season but fuck me this is shite

How we managed to get a point at parkhead i'll never know!!!! Few questions that need to be answer

1) is there problems behind the scenes that know1 knows about?

I don't know anything but it certainly looks that way. The players heads have been down from the start of the season, unless they are so fragile that the Europa League defeat set us up for the season, why would that be the case? Especially since we've always had a good team spirit up till now.

Add in, Dempster leaving, the controversial internal appointment, Stuart McCalls general after match demeanour, the small squad and lack of turn a round of players.

My own suspicion is there are serious financial problems but I might be adding 2 + 2 to get 5.