Josh Law Vs Faddy

TAM

When we signed Law in the summer the noises made were that he wouldn't be ready for the first team and would be a squad player to start. He has started in just about every pre-season and competitive game and I'm seriously struggling to see what he brings to the team. As mentioned in another thread, it's clear that Faddy wasn't asking for a lot of money and therefore the obvious conclusion to draw is that Faddy's wage was spent partly on Law.

So even though Faddy had long injury problems and lack of form last season what is it that Law is giving us that Faddy wouldn't have? Even the way Faddy was last season, at least other teams were wary of him and that left space for others, right now other teams are happy to give Law 40-50 yards as they know he can't do anything to hurt them.

Discuss!

Faddy and McCall must have fallen out. That much is obvious.

Faddy was injured most of last season and when he did play he only occassionally showed what he was capable of, even the season before. I still believe Faddy should've been given a deal (at the expense of Law), even for the drive, determination and moral boost he clearly brings to the squad.

Law isn't the only underperformer who is guaranteed 90 minutes this season though, and that's only one of the factors that's costing us.

• Like 1

As mentioned in another thread, it's clear that Faddy wasn't asking for a lot of money and therefore the obvious conclusion to draw is that Faddy's wage was spent partly on Law.

faddy said in the papers that he wasn't asking for much but we don't know what he considers to be much, the guy was reported to be making 45 grand a week when he was at edinburgh.

if we are paying law more than he was making at alfreton then someone at the club should be looking into this. we've been stung in the past with some questionable signings where it's likely that the contract given out had more to do with personal relationships than footballing ability: andy roddie, tony thomas, john davies and casagolda spring to mind.

TAM I am with you 100%. An unfit Faddy would bring more to the team than Josh Law ever will. I believe Faddy would be happy to take the kind of money we are spending on Law.

Remember we also have another ex player training with us that would be a better option than Law in Stephen Pearson. I know he left under a cloud, but he is another who has experience , similar to Faddy, and could bring on the younger members of the squad like Leitch, Thomas etc.

Neither of these two are playing, so we should be able to negotiate a sensible salary that suits the club. If they don't want it, fair enough, leave it at that and move on, and give Don Thomas the chance to fill Josh Law's boots.

OK, I didn't see Josh Law play for Alfreton Town but he is still listed on Wikipedia as a right back which is where I was lead to believe he played for them.

To date Josh Law has played right midfield, left midfield, centre midfield, support striker and up front for Motherwell.

Is McCall even playing him in his natural position?

In any case he does not look like the level of player that should be playing for us any way and why he has been selected every match and rarely gets substituted is beyond bizarre. He's obviously some kind of favoured child.

There have been a lot of injury problems but they seem to be abating now, if Law starts on Saturday then you really need to start asking serious questions about McCall's selection policy.

Unfortunately McFadden's performances last season didn't justify a deal this season. He was rank rotten sadly. For me, and it pains me to say, but I think he is finished playing at this level.

He wasn't 'rank rotten'. He is a diminished player from the level he was at but he is still a better player, a significantly better player than Josh Law.

He was our third most creative player last season. Only Ainsworth and Vigurs had more assists. He also scored 4 league goals, meaning he was involved in 10 goals overall in the league.

As it stands, Josh Law has 0 goals and 0 assists so far.

i'm pretty sure Josh Law scored on his debut for us!!

whilst i'm not happy with the performance of anyone last night, i think its unfair to critisise or single out one player.

he may not have set the heather on fire this season - but he is far from being the worst offender.

we cant compare him to faddy - that too is unfair

another who has not impressed me since his return is Henrik, much like Vigurs - wants too much time, tries to do too much nad ends up getting caught in possesion and losing the ball

Ojamma hasn't had a lot of game time.

why?? did he pick up a knock or is he not doing it in training?

he came here because he wasnt getting game time in poland, i expected way more from him

without a doubt, if he plays like we know he can, he is the most talented player in that team- he is the one who CAN cause opposing teams problems with his running, closing down and ultimately some goals

bring back the old Henrik - the guy who was causing havoc amongst these defenders and making them look stupid

The fact that Faddy doesn't still doesn't have a club shows that we didn't make a terrible decision in not re-signing him.

Trying to compare Faddy and Law, however, is pointless. Be as well trying to compare Pettigrew and Erwin.

Not really when one is a direct replacement for another. In fact think in those circumstances a comparison is inevitable.

Faddy could only last 70 mins on a good day . I suspect his injury . which everyone fails to mention is worse than anyone is letting on . If he was fit we would have gave him a deal. If he was fit some team in England would have taken him . If he was even a 50 50 doubt another spl team would have taken him in the closed season .He is a great guy and loves the club but im afraid his fitness level will not see him playing at top level constantly ever again . How many games did he play last season and look fit ? We had to spend any money on fit players and take the chance there . Im glad my boys and I saw him play again at Fir Park . Good luck for the future Faddy.