Josh Law Vs Faddy

TAM

Faddy v law is a no contest. Faddy was and will always be a better player than law. However, taking off claret and amber tinted glasses and removing sentiment for a second, quite frankly Faddy was brutal last season (almost as much a disappointment as Brian mcclairs return). The fact we are even mourning the loss of Faddy proves only 2 things - the team has regressed to a level no one could have predicted and law is incredibly shite!

I wish Faddy all the best, the man is a legend. thumbup.gif The only negative for Saints is that he probably won't be ready for the first team action until April 2015. ph34r.gif

According to the naysayers on here, we'll already be down by April and St. Johnstone will be safe so it'll make no odds to them.

If the thread was along the lines of Chris Humphrey vs Lionel Ainsworth then that's worthy of a debate and some tangible posts, but alas here we are.

Boak. But glad he has a team. You never know the Super Saints have been more of a Beeb/media wankfest than us in rece seasons so good form and decent exposure could get him that Scotland squad place back.

Saints are also closer to me than Mwell so will take in a few games, looking forward to seeing him. Especially if he is played up front and not left wing back! Agree wholeheartedly with the guy who said McCall should have done the same and built a team around Faddy. He was a quality of player that was far and above anything the rest will EVER be and it was an abomination on McCall's part to put him out wide.

Forgetting Law for a minute and putting nostalgia aside...Faddy was shit last season in the main (to his standards and also to anyone else's) and also barely fit. He was also funded by a director.

Kris Jack on twitter put it well for me:

Wee bit of lover's remorse re Faddy signing for St Johnstone. OK with not having him at MFC, but don't want him with anyone else #gay4faddy

And who's funding Ojamaa?

We could have had him if McCall wanted him. But no we had 5 strikers; yet we finish in Iceland with Lasley playing off Sutton and throw away a significant amount of income.

ojamaa will be part of the normal budget.

we've only got about a dozen senior players.

it was said he was funded by a director when we signed him in feb 2013.

i didn't see anything that suggested he wasn't within the normal budget for 2013-14.

From the man himself:

McFadden was also keen to 
reassure interested parties who might be put off by his reported wage demands or the injury issues which held him back last season.

He said: “I’ve not had a lot of offers from Scotland but I’ve spoken to a couple of clubs. When I went back to Motherwell a director was paying my wages.

“It looked like I was on a fortune but I wasn’t. I came back to play football – not for money.

“It wasn’t a great sum of money although maybe teams are put off by that. A lot of the time I wasn’t fully fit last season. During 
pre-season I picked up a knock on my hamstring and thought it was just tightness from my back.

Daily Record Sep 16th

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/free-agent-james-mcfadden-admits-4266801

Feels like a defeat and we weren't even playing!

If it turns out faddy is fit and does a job for st Johnstone there will be much annoyance down Fir Park way.

It will be another nail in McCalls coffin for many.

Unless we do well in the Scottish Cup. Remember half the board it would seem would swap our league finish for a relegation dog fight and a decent cup run.

1412234497[/url]' post='422264']

Feels like a defeat and we weren't even playing!

If it turns out faddy is fit and does a job for st Johnstone there will be much annoyance down Fir Park way.

It will be another nail in McCalls coffin for many.

Whilst I think some are going a bit overboard with their outpouring of grief, I do find it hard to disagree with you that if Faddy, deployed in his correct position does the job for Saints then it will be even more of a boot in the stones for us and will, in my opinion, cause more and more fans to turn against McCall especially seeing as McCall played a rather big part in Faddy's difficulties last season by trying to turn him into a right winger.