Partick Thistle V Motherwell 04/10/14

Yabba's Turd

I must be a glutton for punishment because I'm going to this if only in the hope of seeing a Motherwell goal!

I'm pretty sure that last time I was at Firhill was the season we finished bottom of the league (01/02 off the top of my head) and we got absolutely thrashed by Thistle and put in a performance that still sticks out nearly 15 years later as one of the worst I've ever seen.

Surely it will be better than that this time! Em....maybe.....

Score? Not confident but we need a win!

I would line up:

Dan

Reid McManus OB Hammell

Ainsworth Lasley Leitch Vigurs

Ojamma

Sutton

I have been very critical of Las thus far but I do think he is needed in there. Ojamma behind Sutton...not out wide and dropping deep.

I would line up:

Dan

Reid McManus OB Hammell

Ojamma

Sutton

I have been very critical of Las thus far but I do think he is needed in there. Ojamma behind Sutton...not out wide and dropping deep.

This would be close to my selection, possibly switching Leitch with Carswell.

I would line up:

Dan

Reid McManus OB Hammell

Ojamma

Sutton

Prob similar to what would pick. Back to basics, standard 4-4-2.

Play the system we did for past two successful years and not the changed pish we have been dished up so far.

This is usually a game me and my old man would go too but we both are scunnered at the moment with our team and having not seen us score since the first game of the season can't actually be arsed shelling out cash to watch this shite. Sad but I'm sure we aren't the only ones thinking this.

------------------------twardzik----------------------

Ramsden-- McManus--------obrien------hammell

-----------------------lasley--------------------------

Ainsworth-----------Leitch----------vigurs

---------Sutton ------------ Ojamaa

Glaringly obvious in my opinion but it is unlikely. More likely Kerr at left wing and Erwin at full back

I was fortunate enough to be invited to hospitality for the 5-1 game and surprisingly they've asked me again (he obviously doesn't know many Motherwell supporters). Good thing is I don't have to pay, bad thing is I'm in the Thistle stand.

Two poor teams but I've got a sneaky feeling this is the game when Ojamma will make his mark. Any word if Higginbotham is fit?

Dan

Ramsden - OB - McManus - Hammell

Reid - Leitch

Ainsworth - Ojaama - Vigurs

Erwin

With Sutton, Lasley and (for the love of god give him a chance if fit) Thomas as subs at around 50-55 mins.

That may come out mangled as I'm using the phone, but I daresay the idea will come across.

Eta - Swapped Reid in for Lasley (forgot about him)

Someone showing optimism :blink:

How dare they!!

3-1 Motherwell

Dan

Reid

O'Brien

McManus

Hammell

Ainsworth

Lasley

Leitch

Vigurs

Sutton

Ojamaa

If this line-up is available it could be viewed as pretty close to being a full strength starting 11 and If we can't start picking up points soon with these guys , we are really in trouble .

Hopeful of sneaking it by the odd goal , but would settle for a 1-1 away draw to stop the rot .

Who knows what the starting 11 will be? Perhaps this will finally be the game that the players finally give more than a fraction of what they're capable of?! Here's hoping as we can't rely on other teams doing us favours to keep us out the play off places.

When the fixtures were announced this was a fixture I was looking forward to but the constant dirge we have been served in every game leading up to tomorrow has worn me down to the point I am completely disillusioned and scunnered. Faddy signing signing for St Johnstone tipped me over the edge!

Usually feel a bit guilty whenever I have to miss a game but not this week.