Partick Thistle V Motherwell 04/10/14

Yabba's Turd

And a shame Rangers didn't lose today. If McCoist had walked, McCall could have had the job he's holding out for.

Yes , it's great to have a forum with different opinions, leads to lively debate, but when it's just someone's random thoughts, it's hard to have a debate

But then maybe SMC did tell this guy he is holding out for the rangers job or he tells him players wages, then his opinion is not some thought

The word could done it for me , as I said its a forum say what you like but at least have a read what your replying to.

• Like 1

You're arguing about this why?

Back to what's missing... Hutchison.

Vigurs and Carswell gifted goals this week. Lawson and Angol last week. And we gave penalties away against Celtic and Hamilton. How would Hutchinson have prevented any of those goals?

Also we have no creativity and have hardly scored any ourselves, how would Hutchinson have increased our goal tally?

We have been crippled with injuries all season, how would Hutchinson have prevented most of our team being out injured at some point in the last 9 weeks?

Our manager consistantly plays players out of position, makes baffling substitutions and changes the formation, how would Hutchinson have prevented this?

Vigurs and Carswell gifted goals this week. Lawson and Angol last week. And we gave penalties away against Celtic and Hamilton. How would Hutchinson have prevented any of those goals?

Also we have no creativity and have hardly scored any ourselves, how would Hutchinson have increased our goal tally?

We have been crippled with injuries all season, how would Hutchinson have prevented most of our team being out injured at some point in the last 9 weeks?

Our manager consistently plays players out of position, makes baffling substitutions and changes the formation, how would Hutchinson have prevented this?

Prevented/made goals? Our shape would have been different, the midfield would not be compensating for the lack of pace at the back. He was also a presence at set pieces.

Injuries? You're taking the cunt with that question.

The sheer awesomeness of Hutchinson would deflect from McCall's ineptitude in the dugout. :D

My first point is valid, of course Hutchinson has fuck all to do with injuries or team selection, but I do think he's a bigger miss than you are making out.

Another shocking performance lacking energy, imagination, creativity or anything else that a football team should show. We had 11 players out there today who didn't want the ball and we are in serious trouble if that's the case. Actually I'll exempt Ojamaa and the goalkeeper, so that's 9 players that didn't want the ball.

Vigurs cost of the 1st goal but he shouldn't even have been in that position in the first place. Why did we have Vigurs playing right midfield and Law playing left midfield? Can someone explain that one to me? It's as if McCall wants to make it harder than it actually should be? And if Ainsworth was fit why wasn't he on the right and Vigurs on the left?

I don't really have much to say about todays performance because I've said it all before after virtually ever match I've been at this season but we are in serious relegation trouble unless things improve massively very soon. We are showing absolutely nothing right across the field. I can't even see this squad getting out of it, if we don't want to be relegated this season I'd suggest we need to do a Ross County in the next transfer window. We are dire and nothing has changed since August.

Last paragraph in particular is exactly what many have been saying since the Stjarnan debacle. That was 11 fucking games ago! The corner is no closer to bring turned and we are still failing to show the most basics aspects of football week in week out.

We apparently have "strong characters" in the dressing room? Where are they? Surely none of them want a relegation on their cv?

Just watching the highlights, that was a helluva strike by Ainsworth surpassing his debut goal at Tannadice.

Going by McCalls post match comments some of our most talented players aren't pulling their weight and will be sacrificed for less talented grafters.

Good to see flashes of Ojamaa returning to form. On paper Ojamaa, Ainsworth and Erwin should be able to rip teams apart in this league.

Just watching the highlights, that was a helluva strike by Ainsworth surpassing his debut goal at Tannadice.

Going by McCalls post match comments some of our most talented players aren't pulling their weight and will be sacrificed for less talented grafters.

Good to see flashes of Ojamaa returning to form. On paper Ojamaa, Ainsworth and Erwin should be able to rip teams apart in this league.

Ainsworth has been shite this season but he has a rocket for a shot. There's always a half chance he can blast one in like he did today and for that reason if fit, he should be starting. Especially since we really only have a couple of players in the team that are ever likely to get into double figures over a season (Ainsworth, Sutton).

Ojamaa had his best game since coming back. Was the only player that looked interested for long spells. Easy MotM choice.

Not read through all of the pages but I thought there were some signs of encouragement today as well as a huge alarm bell that I'm not sure how to sort.

Firstly the positives. Ojamaa and Ainsworth as an attacking force seemed to be better and we had some periods of good ball retention.

To me the big problem today was Carswell and Lasley. Not so much what they did on the ball but their positioning sense. Very often they were very close to the strikers and what then happened was they were able to play one ball that either beat the whole defence or stretched it. If you watch all three goals, they were caused by this. Yes, there were maybe other individual errors as well but if we can sort out the middle I think we'd be in a much better place.

What is the problem? I think Carswell has bulked out and lost a yard. As a result, Lasley isn't being offer the protection he previously was. I think we need to move to three in midfield unless we can get a bit more pace in there.

Hopefully the next couple of weeks will see us revitalise and ready to go again.

Not read through all of the pages but I thought there were some signs of encouragement today as well as a huge alarm bell that I'm not sure how to sort.

Firstly the positives. Ojamaa and Ainsworth as an attacking force seemed to be better and we had some periods of good ball retention.

To me the big problem today was Carswell and Lasley. Not so much what they did on the ball but their positioning sense. Very often they were very close to the strikers and what then happened was they were able to play one ball that either beat the whole defence or stretched it. If you watch all three goals, they were caused by this. Yes, there were maybe other individual errors as well but if we can sort out the middle I think we'd be in a much better place.

What is the problem? I think Carswell has bulked out and lost a yard. As a result, Lasley isn't being offer the protection he previously was. I think we need to move to three in midfield unless we can get a bit more pace in there.

Hopefully the next couple of weeks will see us revitalise and ready to go again.

We had nothing going down the sides, perhaps due to have a left footed player playing right wing and a right footed player playing left wing.

Sorry - I meant overall since he broke into the first team.

Stuart McCall should shit-can his Scotland duties immediately and concentrate purely on his club role. If not, Alan Burrows should grow a pair and take him to task on this.

I'm not convinced by Stuart Carswell although he has the odd very good game and odd very poor one. I reckon he's a bit like Mark Fitzpatrick - a hard working journeyman no more no less. Maybe Championship standard.

Agree about Stuart McCall.

I think my biggest concern is wether or not SMc is a manager capable of pulling us out this shit spell.

Give him the due respect he deserves after our league placings of recent years but that was working with good quality players, confident players who were winning regular.

By all accounts he's a Molly coddling manager who is good when everything is going well, gets a good atmosphere around the ground etc, good man manager. But is he the type of manager who can subsequently kick arses and get them working when they are not playing well and things aren't going in our favour??

In my opinion I do not think that he is. I don't think his style will suit this type of challenge. I really hope I am wrong. He's to negative in his style of play to be able to boost confidence and have them battling. Even Thistle fans are commenting on how we seem to lack fight and didn't seem bothered.

His comments after the match today seem to lack any sort of fight or passion and he sounded defeated. Not what we want tbh. This is where we need passion. This is where we need positivity to get our fans up for this, not comments like we were punching above our weight past few years... That's negative.

They say when your in relegation battles, every game is like a cup game...... Well we all know how well we do in Cup Games...

I think my biggest concern is wether or not SMc is a manager capable of pulling us out this shit spell.

Give him the due respect he deserves after our league placings of recent years but that was working with good quality players, confident players who were winning regular.

By all accounts he's a Molly coddling manager who is good when everything is going well, gets a good atmosphere around the ground etc, good man manager. But Is he the type of manager who can subsequently kick arses and get them working when they are not playing well and things aren't going in our favour??

In my opinion I do not think that he is. I don't think his style will suit this type of challenge. I really hope I am wrong but I'm not. He's to negative in his style of play to be able to boost confidence and have them battling. Even Thistle fans are commenting on how we seem to lack fight and didn't seem bothered.

His comments after the match today seem to lack any sort of fight or passion and he sounded defeated. Not what we want tbh. This is where we need passion. This is where we need positivity to get our fans up for this, not comments like we were punching above our weight past few years... That's negative.

They say when your in relegation battles, every game is like a cup game...... Well we all know how well we do in Cup Games...

Well said.

Agree with pretty much all of that. Well put.

Urgh. I was severely pissed off yesterday, and I know he has a fair few failings, but I actually quite like McCall, and it's a bit pish that it's come down to this after a couple of successful seasons, but I think it's damn near booting time to arrest this slide. We looked awful last season but somehow ground out the requisite number of wins to get second, but grinding isn't happening this year.

Can only echo what others have said and add that I think time,is up for McCall.

There is a severe lack of dig in the side, which referring to earlier discussion of Hutchison is what I think we are missing most in him. He was the guy who went in where it hurts and that inspires others in the team to do the same - that is now gone and that element from our play disappeared.

I've said it since about McCalls second month that he is tactically inept, however we have been fortunate to have fit squads and high quality players which have carried us - this is no longer he case and there will be major long term ramifications on the future of the club regarding this ie youth policy which we have often spoken about. I cannot even be bothered to justify this as I've don't it in other threads and I'm now beyond the energy to type it out again quite frankly.

Personnel totally baffling. Quite how Law is even in the squad is beyond me. Brutal. Kerr is a squad player at best, Francis Angol offers the square root of nothing, carswell has lost early potential, lawson is eternally injured, mchugh (don't even go there). We are carrying too many passengers / sub-standard players which is not good, especially in a small squad, to ensure everyone drives forward and has the motivation to do so.

Grim.

Overall pretty disappointing stuff but yesterday illustrated again both the very fine margins between success and failure and the fragility of our confidence currently.

Not much in it between the sides early on and if Ojamaa's effort goes in then you've a completely different complexion on the game and as a team who haven't been startling themselves then suddenly it's Thistle under pressure in front of a disgruntled home support and we get the lift.

I expected the usual 15 minutes of pressure from us after half-time, before we generally get to that point where if we haven't scored if run out of ideas but I don't think we even got that yesterday before we were cut open for their second.

It was out of the blue when we got back into it with Ainsworth's screamer and for the next 10 - 15 minutes we actually looked good bit like ourselves. We were dominating, had them hemmed in and it did actually seem like it was only a matter of time before we equalised.

But inexplicably we then we shot ourselves in the foot with some utterly awful decision making and defending that left with a one-on-one from from almost the half way line.

I see what McCall sees in some respects. Now of course it doesn't take away from the fact that he's the guy who has built the squad, picks the team and coaches them but he can do nothing about individual errors of judgement several of which have cost dearly of late.

There is much work to be done, but I do still have faith we can turn the current situation around to an extent that we won't be sitting in the bottom two come the end of the season.

It mite only be me who thinks this but stephen mcmanus seems to swerve any criticism from motherwell fans. Hes terrible on the ball and must lose it 8/10 times he gets it, very slow at the back and gets turned very easy. A player of his international credentials should be strolling through games and controlling our defence. He doesnt seem to have any leadership qualities either. Would like to know if anyone else agrees

• Like 2