Motherwell V Dundee 18/10/14

Yabba's Turd

-------------------Nielsen

(I still maintain twardziks stature would make a defence nervous)

--ramsden----McManus----obrien------hammell

-----------------------------lasley-------------------

Ainsworth-------leitch--------vigurs--------Ojamaa

----------------------------Sutton-----------------------

Subs

TwardzikReidLawsonCarswellErwinFrancis angolThomas

Get law and mchugh as far away from that team as possible (convinced having these people in a small squad drags it down).

2-1 Motherwell

Hopefully we've been working on our shape and fitness. The 4231 deployed by Scotland could work for us with Vigurs playing behind Sutton and 2 from Ojamaa/Ainsworth/Erwin doing a shift out wide.

If the injuries have cleared up I fancy us to put a string of performances together, starting with a 2-2 draw on Saturday.

4-2-3-1 will only work if we utilize the players we have full but we all know McCall wont do that

4-2-3-1

Nielsen

Ramsden,McManus,Kerr/O'Brien,Hammell

Reid,Lawson

Ainsworth,Vigurs,Ojamaa

Erwin

Would work but we all know Sutton,Law and Lasley are the first 3 names on the teamsheet and the team is set around that. Sutton/Erwin is a 50/50 swap so either could/should start but Law & Lasley should be in the stands with Cummins & McHugh

Saturday is the first game I'll be attending in months, so I've not really seen how bad we have been in that time. In general though, we can't have become such a bad team overnight, so you are assuming that at some point the players will get their finger out and play they way they should be able to.

Nae idea what team I'd play, but I've said for long enough that Twardzik was never going to be a 1st choice keeper for us and I stand by that, although I'm not advocating starting Neilsen either. Over and above that, all I'd say is that I'd like McCall to play as many of his top players as possible but only in a system that suits the overall team. From what I can gather this season, there have been far too many square pegs in round holes.

p.s. going to watch Accies-Aberdeen on Friday night too thumbup.gif

although he didn't name him mccall's comments on mfctv after the accies debacle gave me the impression that he's fed up with lawson.

mcmanus and lasley are the two players who owe us a performance this week. mcmanus has been terrible this season and needs to up every aspect of his game and lasley either hasn't been fully fit or his legs have gone. both of them were given two year deals in the summer and it's time to step up.

• Like 1

We need to play three in the middle of the midfield and these three manage to be closer to attack and defence, too many big holes in that area at both the last two league games which caused us most of our problems. On Lawson, I've seen him twice this season and I think he was about the best player on the pitch v St Johnstone and one of the worst v Hamilton.

Other than dwelling on the ball for the second goal, I actually didn't think Lawson was too bad against Accies and certainly no worse than the others.

I would have him in the midfield ahead of any of the rest at the moment and I'm not sure how McCall could be 'fed up' with him considering he's not even given him a proper chance so far.

• Like 1

Other than dwelling on the ball for the second goal, I actually didn't think Lawson was too bad against Accies and certainly no worse than the others.

I would have him in the midfield ahead of any of the rest at the moment and I'm not sure how McCall could be 'fed up' with him considering he's not even given him a proper chance so far.

Yep, I agree with you totten.

I did notice that McCall's apparently had the players in all week with no day off. Good to see we're focussing on getting the heads down and working on improving. Hopefully that translates to the pitch tomorrow.