Motherwell V Dundee 18/10/14

Yabba's Turd

But this is the game where we turn the corner, and it's all great?

Not a barb to Frazzie, but I've seen repeatedly that this is the saving grace week so often...

Eta - Was just extremely frustrated after the comprehensive Accies win last night that we haven't been getting even the basics right.

• Like 1

First time in ages I had been looking forward to the international break to come around.

Just hope all the extra effort the players put in training over the last few weeks pay off and we see a much better performance and a result to go with it. No doubt it will be a tough fixture but I'm going for a 2-1 win for the 'Well.

According to McCall in the press conference we have several players out with injury tomorrow.

2 weeks since a game n'aw....

We seem to lurch from one mini crisis to another.

We need to see evidence today that the players are prepared to give their all to turn the corner. It is early in the season yet, but we badly need a win and a promising perfromance.

I hope I am wrong, but I am not all that confident of either...

I'd cheered up a bit about our prospects having not actually seen us for a couple weeks but it looks like we are going to have another depleted line up out today.

I agree with Frazzie on the injury situation, when things aren't going well and the heads are down you seem to get more injuries and longer recovery times.

Anyway, I feel like I've said this 4 or 5 times already this season but this is a must win game. We can either go on to the same points as Dundee today if we win, or if we lose, go effectively 7 points behind due to the goal difference. Frightening enough but Dundee can't even climb out of the Bottom 6 day, win or no win. Think about that for a while.

The league is beginning to spread out and take shape now and we are at the wrong end, I think this match has the potential to be a season shaping match.

If we lose today I think our chances of Top 6 are more or less kaput. I'd take the scrappiest, least deserved 1-0 win today right now.

I know we are in desperate need of points but I'd be content to come away having seen a performance today and signs of progression. So far this season, there has been very little football on show.

Virus is a bit of a worry. If we are missing genuine key players, for example Lasley and Ojamaa, then you fear the worst.

Lawson is definitely injured.

I expect us to be managerless by Monday afternoon at latest. The thing is, any new manager still has the same problems. A bombscare centre half among the highest paid at the club, a striker brought in on loan whose goals to games ratio is deplorable, the lesser Law brother, a midget goalkeeper and confidence which appears non existent.

Good luck to whoever gets it...

EDIT Obviously Ojaama chose to score that as I typed. His scoring record is still terrible...

Dundee have conceded 9 goals in the last three league matches so if we can't score in this match we might be in trouble this season.

We can't really afford to lose this one as they would go 7 points clear more or less with goal difference taken into consideration.

On the other hand we could draw level with them with a win.

Cliche or not it does seem set up for David Clarkson to sink us.

almost scripted sad.gif