Motherwell V Dundee 18/10/14

Yabba's Turd

Pumped again.

Next five matches are Aberdeen, St. Johnstone and Inverness away and Dundee Utd and Celtic at home.

Where are we going to get a point?

We are dire. Dead men walking.

I'm afraid the end is close for either Stuart McCall or Motherwell FC as a Premier level team.

Staring relegation in the face is a feeling we've not had for a while now, things look very bleak indeed, a rudderless ship drifting in to oblivion and i'm struggling to see a saviour at the moment. In the next 5 matches the only realistic chance of 3 points is St Johnstone but they now have a certain ex player of ours who will no doubt have a cracking game against us to take the points off us so my optimism is at zero to be honest.

Pleased to see Clarkson score, regardless of the circumstances. Other than that, Dundee were relatively average but were granted acres of space.

Onto Motherwell, the midfield is non-existent and the defence is a shambles. This seems to be case whatever combination we play. There was no evidence today that we have been working on a game plan or shape for the past fortnight. Equally concerning, there was no evidence that the players were out to prove a point.

Not sure what is going on with McManus, fair play to him if he is attempting to play through injuries, but there was no chance of him emerging for the 2nd half after that wheeiebinesque performance.

The one player who escapes the bulk of the criticism is Ojamaa, head and shoulders above the rest. In the last 20/25 minutes today you can see that there is potential for Ojamaa, Ainsworth and Vigurs to combine well but they need a solid base to work from.

Growing consensus seems to be that 'something's no right in the background' however the club continues to duck the fans. I think change is almost inevitable but I fear what that change could be.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Defensively we were a total and utter liability. No protection from the midfield either mind you and took until we were 3-0 down before we started playing and looking hungry. We have no leadership on the pitch and it looks like even less off it.....

WTF was McCall doing in the stand for the first half. Genuinely not got a clue why.

Very few with pass marks for me but one of the most disappointing aspects YET again is that our poorest performers where our most Senior off players.

Lasley was awful until about 25 mins to go then showed up, Ramsden was a complete and utter nightmare, McManus looked unfit, uninterested and all over the place, Vigurs as much as I like the guy made too many basic errors but in saying that he was the only midfielder who looked to pass forward and John Bloody Sutton, if he doesnt score a goal he offers absolutely nothing, zero.... he doesnt create chances, he doesnt pull defenders about to create space, he doesnt head a ball to our own players.... he is an empty jersey. If Clarkson isnt "any better" than this then we are 1st division bound... he was everything Sutton wasnt, energetic, good movement, took the ball in well and created some chances.

I hope Leitch was ill or carrying an injury because if he was taken off due to poor form but Lasley was left on then its games a bogey. Also why when we are chasing a game and you take off ZFA(someone show that boy how to trap a football and not be scared when it comes near him) do you bring on Josh Law..... why not try and create something and maybe give Thomas or Cadden a game. Nah I'm shoving last years right back from Alfreton town to the left mid.

Positives to me are few but we did create a decent amount of chances and Henrik looks back to his old self to an extent.

Oh and bye the way, Gary Harkins absolutely ran the show. Looked a touch of class, but he is allowed to be by a manager who has faith in his attacking abilities and doesnt make him work back. TBH I think Vigurs could do that for us if utilised right.

• Like 1

I expect us to be managerless by Monday afternoon at latest.

Worse than the malpas era.

spineless ,, gutless,,and one more ,SHITE

We are dire. Dead men walking.

Staring relegation in the face

Sadly, all of the above. :(

We are in the early stages of the Hibola virus bad.gifthat swept through Easter Road last season, and I am afraid that there might be no cure.

• Like 1

Clarkson looked like the clarkson we last seen in a motherwell strip.

Scored one, set another up, pulled defenders about, held the ball up, played players in, switched the play, was brave, had a great dummy at one point.....but apparently that's not what McCall is looking for?!?? I'm sorry but McCalls stunningly poor judgement here should be the final nail in his coffin.

Sadly if anyone new does come in he will only inherit the players McCall DID deem worthy of signing.

Time for McCall to go. A new man coming in will have the same players to work with but if he can organise them and have them fighting for everything that would be a start. look what Gordon Strachan's done with Levein's duds.

Better to make the change now than in 5 games time when we haven't picked up any more points.

• Like 1

McCall should get to the end of the month.

We need at least three points from the next two games, cos it's hard to see us getting anything in the three after that (Dundee Utd, Inverness, Celtic) and we are into December by that stage.

Two more games to turn it round, if not then I'm afraid McCall's time is up.

Time for McCall to go. A new man coming in will have the same players to work with but if he can organise them and have them fighting for everything that would be a start. look what Gordon Strachan's Mark Mcghee and Stuart McCall done with Levein's duds.

Better to make the change now than in 5 games time when we haven't picked up any more points.

=====================

Fixed that for you :whistling:

• Like 1

We came into this game after a break so we are hoping to get off to a good start. They haven't won in four and confidence will have been sapping. What do we do we gift them a goal inside two minutes? Stunning finish by Clarkson but the defending in the build up was very poor.

We were working hard to try and fight our way back into it but there was a distinct lack of quality in delivery and Dundee looked crisper when they attacked. Thought we were a bit unlucky for the second goal. Looked like a foul on Sutton when they won the ball back and then the shot by Stewart was a complete sclaff and if he had hit cleanly Twardzik was ready for it. We were a bit to react though and Harkins got all the time in the world to rattle it in.

Second half was a much better effort but before we got the chance to turn the screw we gifted them a third. We had a couple of shots that took a nick off a defender and went for a corner whereas had we won two in a row you just know we would have ended up getting the deflection and taking it into the net.

More promise than at Firhill or against Hamilton in my opinion but still miles from where we want to be.

For me the players with pass marks today were Twardzik, Kerr, Carswell, Ojamaa and Vigurs (offensively).

• Like 1

Genuinely baffled and shocked how the arse can fall out of a team that's delivered our best sustained league form for decades.

No matter how good a jobs Mcalls done, questions need to be asked, and people held accountable. Not pleasant but that's life/football.

• Like 2

The manger speaks...

Stuart McCall cursed Dundee’s early goal, which shattered his side’s already fragile confidence.

It was another hugely frustrating afternoon, and the Fir Park boss said: “When you have got two teams playing with a lack of confidence based on results, you want to get a foothold in the game and get a good start.

“Then, within two minutes, we’ve lost a goal and almost automatically you can see confidence almost drain out of players.“There’s no magic formula that cures that.

“It’s just got to come with a belief that things will turn around with individuals taking the game by the scruff of the neck but that can be difficult when you are going through a rough period both individually and collectively.

“I am obviously desperately disappointed with the result but more so with the way we defended.

“At times they went through us like a knife through butter and when you are not creating a great deal of chances, albeit today I thought we were far better in that area, it’s difficult.”

Complete and utter shambles from start to finish. Dundee played right through us on numerous occasions with decent passing and superb running off the ball. Something we are currently incapable off. Ramsden angol O'Brien McManus lasley and leitch stood and watched Gary Harkins play like inesta and not one of them took responsibly for stopping him play though it was pretty obvious with Dundee playing narrow that we were getting overrun In midfield. 5 0 at half time wouldn't have flattered Dundee. Marginally better second half with Ojamma at least looking threatening. but we are in serous trouble unless we can consider changing shape cause the defence and midfield are both appaling and don't compliment each other remotely well.

Bugger "belief", Stuart. Get them working on basic passing drills, basic formations, god, any coherent training would do.

McCall is great at talking a good game after dreadful results but sadly it seems that that's all it is...talk. He never, ever learns any lessons from previous mistakes and that is why we constantly fall at the first hurdle in cup ties or in big games. In previous seasons we've had a bit of luck and squad confidence on our side to keep us ticking over but both have now gone and a run like this has been coming for well over a year now.

• Like 3