Motherwell V Dundee 18/10/14

Yabba's Turd

no pace no leadership (Leanne dempster is a massive loss) unfit players (kenny blacks fault ??) our spine of the team McManus Lasley and Sutton are the slowest in the league. Players are severely lacking in confidence and mcall is dining out on the last 3 seasons . If we don't sack him now i fear we will be bottom by the end of the month and I don't see where our next win is going to come from.

I know we have no money but I'd be tempted to try and tempt the accies manger across the m74 as the job he has done its the accies this season is nothing short of remarkable.

I just hope our fans are up for a relegation battle as they have been spoiled in the last 5 years with Europe and league finishes.

It's going to be a long hard winter in the shire help.gif

Our next run of 6 games is giving me the fear.

Can't see a single point from those games and some heavy heavy defeats. The Accies, Thistle, Dundee games on paper where the games to get results and have us sitting nice but a combined 0pts, scored 2 conceded 10 to now into games against Utd, Aberdeen and St J etc I'm actually fearing that come Dec we could be rooted firmly to the bottom.

Our next run of 6 games is giving me the fear.

Can't see a single point from those games and some heavy heavy defeats. The Accies, Thistle, Dundee games on paper where the games to get results and have us sitting nice but a combined 0pts, scored 2 conceded 10 to now into games against Utd, Aberdeen and St J etc I'm actually fearing that come Dec we could be rooted firmly to the bottom.

Just want to point out two things:

1) our best showings this season have been against the better teams (Utd and Celtic away) so Aberdeen away doesn't give me the fear.

2) St Johnstone have lost five on the belt.

Take nothing out of these two then the brown stuff will be absolutely flowing.

That's a Dundee team that i watched getting HUMPED by their neighbours Utd and a poor Partick team that's scored 6 goals in 2 games against us add the 4 Accies wellied us by and im afraid it's time for a change of manager. We have really been ABSOLUTLY SHITE all season and lets not forget our Europa dream was gubbed by Icelandic amateurs. MCCALL AND BLACK OUT!!!!!! :wallbash:

Just want to point out two things:

1) our best showings this season have been against the better teams (Utd and Celtic away) so Aberdeen away doesn't give me the fear.

2) St Johnstone have lost five on the belt.

Take nothing out of these two then the brown stuff will be absolutely flowing.

In reply....

1) maybe this season will be reversed from last year ie we can beat teams in top six but not in bottom... But I doubt it.

2) Dundee hadn't won in 4 and Partick in 5.... Both pumped us.

Sadly another case of shooting ourselves in the foot. It's getting to the stage that we are about as dangerous to ourselves than any of our opponents are. Don't get me wrong Dundee defended when they had to, got themselves ahead through a positive energetic start and were clinical when the opportunities came their way, but we didn't half make it easy for them.

I don't imagine Clarkson would have needed any additional motivational but he fairly rammed that "not exactly what we are looking for" summary of his trial right down McCall's throat today. When said striker is able to score, get an assist and bring others into play as he did today you do wonder what exactly it is we are looking for in a striker.

I thought it was fair response in all honesty to Clarkson's fine goal but as has often been the case when we've gone behind this season we've failed to take advantage of any territorial edge we've had, most certainly haven't been clinical enough and sooner or later our ever generous defence has made our task all the more difficult.

It was much the same in the second half where we must have dominated possession, were camped in their half for long spells and then go and blow it with the third.

Again fair play to them for sticking at it, at 3-0 down but the finishing and the quality that could have really seen us test Dundee's mettle towards the end just isn't there at the moment.

As much as it was the case at the beginning of the season where teams identified we were suspect at shots from distance, so too they know that - since McCall regularly comments upon the importance of it - that if we don't get that first goal and have something to hold, there is a very good chance they'll be able to exploit our weaknesses when we have to chase the game. You could see it in the intensity that Dundee started with.

I pray that the mystical spell we have over them at Pittodrie can continue next week, but with an Aberdeen team intent on settling scores from last season and the Accies result to redress I do have my concerns.

Another comprehensive pumping by a distinctly average side . Dundee are far from world beaters , but were well-drilled , hungry , and fed on the obvious lack of belief in our ranks from the off .From the moment Clarkson scored 3 mins in there was only going to be one outcome . The senior players in the squad don't seem to have it in them to grab a game by the balls and drag the other guys through . The lack of ability from those on the sidelines to change things is alarming , and there's not much longer it can continue before even the most optimistic of fans have to concede that we are in serious , serious trouble .Although we have the core of last seasons team , we have no fight or belief , contrary to what McCall trots out at every post match interview , and the insistence on having Josh fucking Law anywhere near a first team jersey is baffling . With so many players under-performing the fans at least deserve to know why guys like Thomas and Cadden aren't getting a look-in despite their seemingly glowing reputations as rising stars . There is no room for the old boys mentality , repeatedly sticking with the old guard despite their shocking form . We haven't even completed the first round of fixtures and already have the air of relegation fodder around us . You can trot out the old 'Theres a long way to go' type lines , but a dogfight at the bottom appears to be the reality of the season in store for us .We seem like a rudderless ship at the moment , but I fear that with the off-field changes that have gone on recently there seems to be a lack of direction at the club , and we will be allowed to drift on until it's too late for the situation to be salvaged .

Does anyone know if Dom Thomas is nailed to the bench?

I said much the same at the game, the whole things very odd.

Ten minutes to go, Angol having to go off and space is vacated on the left. Do you bring one of the clubs brightest talents, a boy who got 7 goals and 12 assists from the left wing for the youth team last season, a player who could go on to be a big player and make money for the club?

Nope, let's bring on 25 year former Alfreton Town right back Josh Law who's looked nothing more than a struggling conference player out of his depth in his dozen or so starts for Motherwell so far this season instead.

I'm not heaping pressure on Thomas to be the solution to all our problems or anything like that, however giving him a 10 minute run out in a game like that today was hardly going to do the boy any harm. He could hardly put in a worse display than his experienced peers and who knows, he may have been able to add a bit of spark to proceedings? Certainly whenever I've seen him in either the youth team or first team friendlies, I've been very impressed. He's a natural left winger with pace, skill, the ability to beat players, create chances and pops up with goals as well. All things our team desperately lacks at the minute.

When he sees McCall give Vigurs, Angol and Law a chance at left midfield today, none of whom are natural left wingers, while he's sitting kicking his heels on the bench must be a real boot in the baws for the boy.

• Like 5

In reply....

1) maybe this season will be reversed from last year ie we can beat teams in top six but not in bottom... But I doubt it.

2) Dundee hadn't won in 4 and Partick in 5.... Both pumped us.

Don't doubt it, just seems people have decided we are guaranteed nil points from the next five games. Not impossible but not a stick on.

I said much the same at the game, the whole things very odd.

Ten minutes to go, Angol having to go off and space is vacated on the left. Do you bring one of the clubs brightest talents, a boy who got 7 goals and 12 assists from the left wing for the youth team last season, a player who could go on to be a big player and make money for the club?

Nope, let's bring on 25 year former Alfreton Town right back Josh Law who's looked nothing more than a struggling conference player out of his depth in his dozen or so starts for Motherwell so far this season instead.

I'm not heaping pressure on Thomas to be the solution to all our problems or anything like that, however giving him a 10 minute run out in a game like that today was hardly going to do the boy any harm. He could hardly put in a worse display than his experienced peers and who knows, he may have been able to add a bit of spark to proceedings? Certainly whenever I've seen him in either the youth team or first team friendlies, I've been very impressed. He's a natural left winger with pace, skill, the ability to beat players, create chances and pops up with goals as well. All things our team desperately lacks at the minute.

When he sees McCall give Vigurs, Angol and Law a chance at left midfield today, none of whom are natural left wingers, while he's sitting kicking his heels on the bench must be a real boot in the baws for the boy.

Fully agreed, and entirely representative of the short-termism which has realistically been rife at the 'Ark since McCall took over.

Looking at our fixture list and my shift pattern the only consolation is that the next game I likely to be at isn't until December.

No surprise to see Clarkson score today. I trusted McCalls judgement when he didn't sign him, he's had a bad time with injuries and maybe didn't look up to the job in the summer. I never doubted his ability to do a job in the SPL if he was fit so I'm pleased for Clarkson to see him start so well for Dundee but disappointed he isn't doing the business for us. Was always full of endeavour even when things weren't going his way and certainly a player I wish we had in our squad right now.

S M seems to have a major weakness in believing players who have plied their trade in England are the dugs baws.

His outright lack of faith in young players is now coming home to roost.

Rather than play a good/ promising youth the team will get juggled to accommodate a 'senior pro'. Ramsden eg did not train at all this week but is a 1st pick.

We got away with this last season due to our great record against the bottom 6 clubs and the others in the top 6 taking points from each other.

S M's policy of looking down south for players who are not up to standard must be questioned, as is his lack of faith in our youths.

• Like 1

1413667695[/url]' post='423105']

Don't doubt it, just seems people have decided we are guaranteed nil points from the next five games. Not impossible but not a stick on.

There are no guarantees in football but looking at our next few fixtures and the way we are playing then I just don't see where points are coming from. We look easy prey for just about every side in the division just now and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. As things stand, we would be playing 'The Rangers' in the relegation playoff in the mother of all nightmare scenarios for because although, as I said, there are no guarantees in football, we all know how that would pan out for us. If I was a betting man I'd be sticking a huge wad of cash on us losing to that mob in the playoffs this season.

• Like 1