Motherwell V Dundee 18/10/14

Yabba's Turd

Wee bit of public criticism of McManus from McCall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29680578

There is something going on with McManus. That tackle 2 mins in against Accies looked like sheer anger/frustration. Then yesterday, he was reluctant to run throughout the 45 and repeatedly encouraged Twardzik to give the ball to O'Brien, who we know is not comfortable with the ball at your feet.

Fair play to him if he is playing through an injury but there is little point in doing so if you are going to shirk responsibility.

Would the manager slate him like that if he was playing through an injury? If so I don't think that's good management.

I agree, McCall tends to point out if a player is carrying a knock do I guess McManus wasn't. One of McCalls greatest attributes is his man-management but performances have understandably prompted him to have a dig recently, albeit not always mentioning them.

Some people will stay positive about McCall no matter what happens. 2nd place last year was wonderful and the last few minutes at Aberdeen along with the hour after the game will live in our memories for a very long time.

However, that fact remains that we were shit to watch for the majority of last season and this season has been woeful. We haven't looked fit, sharp, organised or professional in any games we have played. Iceland away was a fucking shambles and it has continued like that ever since. The blame for this lies at McCalls door. He brought the duds in this summer, he picks the team, the tactics, the formation, the subs and dictates the training regime.

The big problem though is who is McCall actually answerable to? The former club photographer? What's he saying about this whole episode and where are the board?

We need a change now - it is getting worse week by week.

The media darlings time is up - I honestly believe he has lost the dressing room and did so weeks ago.

• Like 1

who is McCall actually answerable to? The former club photographer? What's he saying about this whole episode

If you mean Flow, to my knowledge he has never been ‘the club photographer’. However, I am sure he is just as frustrated and angry as anyone at our current predicament.

• Like 1

That is something only Flow could answer, however, I have my doubts on whether he has the final say on the coming and going of managerial and playing staff.

From what I read before I think the setup is that McCall is answerable to the board of directors rather than one individual such as a chief exec like we had previously. The general manager role I wouldn't think would have the responsibility to directly line manage the playing side of the club but would have overall responsibility of managing all other elements (e.g. media, housekeeping, catering, support staff etc).