Aberdeen V Motherwell 24/10/14

Yabba's Turd

When our wing backs are Kerr and ZFA, you' ve really got to fear the worse. I know Ainsworth would be a gamble to track back, but our attacking threat was non-existent first half and yet no changes until far too latedash2.gif

If we are going to go ultra defensive then play Ainsworth up front!

He can at least rattle them from 30 yards.

If Sutton isn't scoring goals he does nothing.

His link up play is deplorable, his second touch is a tackle, he spends 60mins of a game on his arse.

Unfortunately he isn't scoring goals and is contributing hee haw. Erwin was on the pitch for 2 mins and took a touch/controlled the ball and retained possession three times. 3 more than Sutton in the 72 previous minutes.

• Like 1

another nothing performance. the fact that we look out of place in the weakest of top league in the history of scottish football is depressing.

watching kerr, angol and law trying to create was awful. kerr is a defender asked to a job he isn't cut out for, angol has shown potential in the past but his confidence is gone and law is never a player at this level.

lasley seems to have escaped the criticism he deserves over the last few weeks. he has had the pish ripped out him four games in a row and it's clear his legs have gone. giving him a two year contract was a massive mistake.

If McCall thought that team selection and formation was our best hope tonight , well we really are up shit creek .

Totally devoid of inspiration and creativity , with our so called senior players unwilling and unable to grab an utterly dire game against a poor Aberdeen side by the balls and drag the team towards at least an acceptable attempt to rescue something after yet again conceding basically from kick-off .

McManus was again a bombscare with mis-timed tackles and shocking distribution throughout , Lasley and Sutton woeful , and another empty jersey performance from the unfathomably golden boy Law . Seriously , it's now beyond embarrassing how McCall can attempt to justify having this guy at the club never mind first team squad .

Predictable 70th min substitutions as always , and bringing Ainsworth our most creative wide player on with 4 mins left , must lead even the managers most vociferous backers to thinking that he will stubbornly stick with his favourites and has run out of ideas how to halt the slide .

Results over our next 2 games could , and probably should , decide McCalls fate . His success and contribution to the club has been phenomenal , but sentimentality does not win you points . We are at crisis point , and if he can't show signs of turning the corner over the next couple of weeks , we need to find someone who can before the situation becomes irretrievable .

Ok...heres my view on tonight

Lasleys been terrible of late but i thought he was miles better tonight, snapping into tackles and was far sharper with hammell next to him.

Craig Reid got stuck right in, exactly what we need.

However...aberdeen were pretty poor. Neither keeper had much to to, we had no bite in attack once again. I dont know how many times john sutton needs to contribute nothing before he is benched. Mccalls subs late in the game were a joke!

Mchugh couldnt get a game for blantyre vics plus lionel ainsworth is still the biggest threat in our side, only on for a few minutes at the end?!?

Also where was carswell? Josh law is a passenger

Nightmare.

Ok...heres my view on tonight

Lasleys been terrible of late but i thought he was miles better tonight, snapping into tackles and was far sharper with hammell next to him.

Craig Reid got stuck right in, exactly what we need.

However...aberdeen were pretty poor. Neither keeper had much to to, we had no bite in attack once again. I dont know how many times john sutton needs to contribute nothing before he is benched. Mccalls subs late in the game were a joke!

Mchugh couldnt get a game for blantyre vics plus lionel ainsworth is still the biggest threat in our side, only on for a few minutes at the end?!?

Also where was carswell? Josh law is a passenger

Nightmare.

Blantrye Vics and Blantyre Celtic are they still going?

The formation might just have worked but some of the players picked to start crawed it. Josh Law shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Sutton has done nothing all season and Ramsden and McManus have seemingly downed tools.

With no obvious left sided midfielder I the team our only options in that area of the pitch are Vigurs or Angol.

Erwin, Ainsworth and possibly Thomas (although we may never know) could've improved that starting 11 ten fold.

It's almost as if McCall is trying to make it difficult for himself! (And us!)

I don't normally post, just enjoy reading everybody's opinions but one thing really annoyed me last night, well more than one but the main point.

All season we have been creating next to nothing partly in my opinion because we have missed hammell as an out ball down the left, he's by a mile the best crosser of the ball in the team.

So when I heard we were playing 3 at the back last night I thought at least we'll have an attacking threat down the left instead of relying on the increasingly half arsed ainsworth down the right.

Then I see we have O'Brien sitting on the bench and hammell at centre half meaning we had to make do with a guy with no confidence as our attacking threat down the left.

That formation could have worked if we had guys who could beat a man or even cross a ball at wing back but as it was we had a centre half miscontrolling every pass to him (which I'm not blaming him for, I've actually been impressed with Kerr when he plays his natural position) and the aforementioned zaine who must have passed it inside every time he got it.

On one hand I can see why we don't want to play the young guys like Thomas and cadden just now as it could totally shatter their confidence as the senior guys don't look like they'd be much help to them just now but it's beginning to become last throw of the dice stuff and theres an apathy running through the club to the point where I've been a season ticket holder for 25years and I'm not really that bothered about going on a Saturday at the moment.

I can't speak for everybody but it would at least give me a bit of intrigue if anything to see how these guys would fare if given a chance on a Saturday or a Friday before anybody points out the next 2 games

You would've liked to have thought that the days of playing Fraser Kerr at right mid/wing back were over. Apparently not....

I'm sure McCall said himself that he doesn't think he's very good with the ball at his feet?!?!? Yet is deployed to bomb forward....with the ball at his feet!!!!