Do We Need a New Manager?

steelboy

we seriously need something to change big time or were heading for financial suicide that is relegation and sadly i can only see that happening with mccall leaving,its just a pity that some of our players are likely to get away with it without taking there share of the blame.

I think we still have a couple of games before we need to make a decision on the manager's position. After having played each of our rivals once might be the time. Whether a change is the right decision will also be tricky. Things look bleak now but we have enough talent to turn it around. Basics such as organisation, fitness and, dare I question the motivation of professionals, desire need to addressed. The fact that we are doing this mid season is a question for another day, but we are in a serious rut and need to find a route out of it, and quickly.

The managers time is up and we simply cannot afford to wait much longer!

The last 2 seasons weve finished 2nd without cup runs but maybe 2 home euro games and lost significant six figure sums. This season we got 1 euro game where we got humped by a pub team,we got put out league cup in 1st round by Hamilton reserves and were 11th in league. Finishing bottom 6 will lose us £500k in league placings plus £100k + in losing crowds etc. THAT will either put us in admin or force us to savage the playing squad to the point we'd be playing with a mid size championship team budget,either way would be catastrophic.

We have the Scottish cup in dec and need a league boost. For the future of my club,we need to act now

Easy answer for me....'yes', we need a new manager.

McCall just doesnt seem to know what to do as a Manager of a struggling side, his insistence on playing a 4-4-2 is worryingly naive.

Our central midfield has next to no creativity and the fact that Lasley is so far off the pace means he is offering next to nothing in terms of protection for his defence either. Ainsworth and Vigurs continually leave their own full-backs exposed also.

From now on if I were McCall, my motto would be 'batten down the hatches', make us difficult to beat 1st and foremost and go 4-5-1.

This season has been a disaster before it even started...

...1 real pre-season friendly

...John Porteous jumping ship

...Leeann Dempster jumping ship, followed by the strange appointment of Alan Burrows as GM

...the signing of a midget keeper to vie for the No1 shirt with a giant dud

...signing Nicky Baws shite brother, no matter how little he is being paid

...still no answer to our left-side of midfield problem that we've had since Murphy left

...not really replacing Hutchinson adequately

...the opportunity to sign Clarkson and/or re-sign Faddy being passed up.

I honestly think he has to go and get someone in to steady the ship and ensure we dont finish in that play-off place because we will get pumped off Rangers in that.

Who will we get in that will do better? The worst argument I have ever heard in my puff when it comes to debating whether a fitba manager should be sacked. For a job like Motherwell with our recent success and full-time status, there would be potentially hundreds of candidates, it would be up to the Board (whoever they are) to ensure they picked the correct man.

• Like 3

The managers time is up and we simply cannot afford to wait much longer!

-

The last 2 seasons weve finished 2nd without cup runs but maybe 2 home euro games and lost significant six figure sums. This season we got 1 euro game where we got humped by a pub team,we got put out league cup in 1st round by Hamilton reserves and were 11th in league. Finishing bottom 6 will lose us £500k in league placings plus £100k + in losing crowds etc. THAT will either put us in admin or force us to savage the playing squad to the point we'd be playing with a mid size championship team budget,either way would be catastrophic.

We have the Scottish cup in dec and need a league boost. For the future of my club,we need to act now

This post is pretty much on point Shaka . With all our extra income streams in terms of gate receipts exhausted at the first hurdle and only Scottish Cup to come , league placings are vital for revenue , and bottom six alone will be a disaster financially for the club .

Speculation is obviously rife that all is not well behind the doors at our club , whether thats true or the wheels have just come off in spectacular fashion on the field , the situation needs remedied fast before this season becomes our footballing armageddon .

With the cost cutting that would have to take place should we be relegated , I imagine survival rather than an immediate return to the top flight would be priority , and our stay in the lower league could potentially be a lengthy one .

The thing that worries me is if Mccall goes the rumour is Leitch will get the job and if that happens I think it would be a disaster.

I remember the poor press he got when McGhee was at Aberdeen it was reported Leitch had lost the dressing room by the way he spoke to players.

The worry for me is I don't think McCall has any ideas on what to do next and is just hoping we get back to winning ways

Now that I have had time to reflect and calm down........ I am even more worried about the future of our club.

Previously I have woken up the following morning and thought to myself, ach we will start picking up points soon and get out of this, before you know it we will be about 4th in the table.

Not this morning, I genuinely now cannot for the life of me see where our next win is coming from. We are so far off the pace and so easy to play against it is worrying. Teams have so much space and so much time on the ball whilst as soon as we get it teams close us down and get in our face. The lack off willingness or inability to work cohesively as a team to fight for each other is a concern. They just look completely lacking in confidence and if I am honest they do not look up for the fight.

Partick and Dundee are two really poor poor sides who both had really easy games against us. These are the games we had too and should have got points in, to lose them so easily and convincingly in what people have said have been our "better" perfomances is totally and utterly unacceptable.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about wether or not SMc is the right man for this job to get us playing well and get us out this mess due to his negativity and approach. Even more so now I do not thnk that he is.

Evey game is a cup game and that is giving me the fear.

McCall's main failings have been some poor signing, whether that is due to lack of funds or poor judgement I'm not sure and complacency around our style of play. It has worked for the last few seasons, other teams have seen this and adapted their style of play to nulify the inevitalble hoof up the park to Sutton meanwhile McCall has been either happy to continue playing the same way or more worryingly unable to adapt our style of play to offer anything different and not be so predictable.

It is a confidence game and a couple of wins will make all of the difference, finding it hard to see where these wins are going to come from though.

The difference between last season and this is, in my opinion, desire. Let's face it, we were rank rotten in large chunks of last season yet we had a couple of flare players who were able to dig us out of a hole and a few players who played for the jersey. Whether they were both on form or having good games was not always the issue, Hutchinson and McFadden in my mind had Motherwell fc at heart when they pulled on the jersey and there is absilutely no doubt that feeling permeated to other members of the team - they were leaders. McCall was as tactically inept then as he is now and always has been however the difference now is the squad isn't able to lead itself as perhaps it once was. Looking at things now, I would be tempted to go as far as say the smoke and mirrors who McCalls leadership skills or lack thereof are now gone and now we are seeing the results. We are rudderless.

There are quite frankly too many holes which we could pick in different areas to suggest that his position is in any way tenable.

From his quite frankly bizarre signing policies, be it in terms of age, positions etc. there have been some head scratchers. We claim to have no budget yet under McCalls tenure we have seen players like McHugh offered a long term deal and Law and Lawson brought in - whether or not they are on big money is beside the issue. As far as I'm concerned, if we are willing to plead poverty in public then the shop should be water tight in terms of the playing squad - it isn't.

The lack of youth brought into the fold is startling. Certainly this is not only McCalls issue however I maintain a manager with any form of vision should be able to integrate a couple of bright stars (or at least spot something in them) bring them into the fold and nurture them at a higher level - some young players will rise to the challenge yet we have hardly seen any given the chance.

Tactically, the less said the better. We are dated in our style of play and lets be honest at the most basic level, his substitution policies for years have baffled the shite out of everybody.

His media presence is appalling. It has to be some of the most grim, repeated nonsense since Jim Jeffries. Quite how he inspires a team is beyond me, I've now taken to turning off the radio or tv when he appears. There is a distinct lack of passion, dynamism or anything resembling spirit in anything he says to the fans - which I also maintain is contributing amongst other factors to our dwindling support.

The squad fitness is appalling. I know people seem content to say Black takes the training however to be honest I could care less. A good manager would have either booted the players up arse or black up the arse after watching us against Starjnan and nothing has improved. The buck stops with McCall, he should be controlling his staff.

I've been one of the complainers about McCall on here for years and I'm now feeling I'm being proved correct. I don't even feel smug about that, the situation is far too bleak for anyone to feel smug.

Action must be taken.

• Like 5

Honest question. How much more time?

I'm still prepared to give McCall backing, but if we are still churning out the same mince by the end of November, then it's probably time for a change. That would give us time to bring a new gaffer and let him assess the situation prior to the mid-season transfer window.

Given our resources, a season like this is inevitable, as we are dependent on a small core of players close to the top of their game on a weekly basis. Whatever the reasons for the poor form, we don't have many options, so even with a new boss, it's the guys on the pitch that are going to have to turn it around.

I will give him till scottish cup. if still in bottom half, he stays till we go out of scottish cup. If we are in top 6 then we keep him or of course if we win the cup.

There were many people willing to take a crappy season for a scottish cup win............Well folks this is it!

I am probably in the minority thinking that McCall and the players can turn it around but time is certainly running out. I would say he has 9 or 10 games left to get us going in the other direction.

I'm still prepared to give McCall backing, but if we are still churning out the same mince by the end of November, then it's probably time for a change. That would give us time to bring a new gaffer and let him assess the situation prior to the mid-season transfer window.

the scottish cup draw is in two weeks time and we'll be playing our 4th round tie on the 29th of november.

we have 3 games before we stop for the next international break so it would make sense to me make the decision by then.

Players have a lot of resposibility for the situation that we find ourselves in along with the manager. Too many of them are quite happy to take no responsibilty on the park whatsoever. Not interested in closing down the other teams players, working hard as fuck getting stuck in and really, really trying to win the 50 - 50 balls. Their opinion seems to be that some other guy will get it, and that other guy is usually an opposing players who is as desperate as fuck to win the ball.

Also sick of seeing guys like Ojamma and Angol trying to actually do some attacking with 3 opposing players around them and no one with the gumption or interest to actually try and help them out, seems to be a "gaun yersel mate and do it all yourself cause I'm sure as fuck not going to try and help you" attitute.

We also rely on guys like Ainsworth to change games and he is either, not interest, injuried or has zero confidence. Can't remember the last time he actaully took on and beat an opposing teams player. Seems to just want to put in shite crosses a bit like Ramsden.

McManus, Lasley and Sutton are arguably the spine of our team but they're all horribly off form. They need dropped. We can't just persist with these guys hoping they'll play their way out of it week after week. Really disappointed to see the same, static 4-4-2 formation yesterday. The international break gave us the chance to work on something new and there's no evidence that anything's changed. Would like to see something like this against Aberdeen but it won't happen.

Twardzik

Reid Kerr O'Brien Hammell

Carswell Leitch

Ainsworth Vigurs Erwin

Ojamma

Incidentally does anyone know who from the current squad is signed up for next year? As far as I know we have,

Hammell, Lasley, McManus, Reid, Carswell? Leitch?...

Hopefully good opportunity to rebuild the squad, just can't see McCall being the man to do it anymore.

well if smc is that pally with neil Warnock and others . how come we don't get decent players on loan ?? surley crystal palaces shite players are better than our shite players ,, cause IF we go down smc walks away to pastures new , and we are left to pick up the pieces :(