Do We Need a New Manager?

steelboy

Maybe its just the way I am reading between the lines, but, from that email it appears that there is the possibility of someone else buying the club or another consortium. It also does not look like it is a welcome takeover by the way the email is written.

I've said previously that this is why the Society is very limited. It doesn't appeal to most people who the Society were hoping would by the 5k and above memberships.

With this proposal, I will be going on Thursday for more information and would be 100% more inclined to part with £10k towards this.

Like weeyin says its not even a drop in the bucket for the teams down south. I wouldn't be averse to being a feeder team for one of them if they provided financial security. While 1 million is hell of a lot for us many teams down south could afford that every year to support a feeder team.

The terms of the loan look to be fairly decent to a fan looking for an investment opportunity. However, imagine the emotional turmoil inside your own head if you invested your retirement fund in it only for the club you love to go into administration and leave you financially ruined.

The terms of the loan look to be fairly decent to a fan looking for an investment opportunity. However, imagine the emotional turmoil inside your own head if you invested your retirement fund in it only for the club you love to go into administration and leave you financially ruined.

Well hopefully thats where the security kicks in and helsp you recoup your investment

How much have we been paying out in wages if we have had:

SC Final + 3rd

2nd

2nd

Plus the odd European game

Plus (small) tranfer fees (Ojamaa, Anier, Murphy)

But still facing a 1m accumulated shortfall?

And thats after successive budget cuts?

Am I missing something?

Nobody should be putting savings in if that is all they've got put by. That would be fucking mental behaviour. If you have £10k spare and are looking to invest it with the acceptance that it could lose part/all of it's value then it's more up your street, much the same as firing it in shares investments, but with slightly more security(Forcing a sale of Fir Park will test any fans loyalty as someone said previously)

Aside from the message itself, the other concern is the way its been targeted, or perhaps lack of targeting. Now im sadly not in a position to sink £10k into a football club so no problem me not getting the email.

One of my mates however is a business owner, plenty disposable income,does the odd tie in with the club, reasonable funds in the 'well society, and he has not been contacted about this. Thats not to say he would or could contribute, but he's the sort of person who should be asked.

Really, if this is going to work, at least target the right people Motherwell!

• Like 1

1414654931[/url]' post='423856']

Can we afford to sack the manager? I'd say can we afford to lose in the Scottish cup on the 29th of November.

With this latest development then a Scottish Cup run this season is now more important than ever, especially as the club have expressed openly their anticipation of more financial losses this season due to poor league form. However with our cup record under McCall then a decent run would seem unlikely to say they very least.

• Like 1

You'd think if they were going to send out a "begging" email someone would have proof read it to make sure it was consistent ...

In summary, in return for pooling their resources and providing the loan it is proposed that the consortium members will receive the following key benefits:

all benefits of the Well Society's amber members

LOANS TO MFC

BACKGROUND AND TERMS

(k) All the benefits which accrue to an 1886 member of the Well Society will be available to a lender

• Like 1

1414671429[/url]' post='423872']

You'd think if they were going to send out a "begging" email someone would have proof read it to make sure it was consistent ...

In summary, in return for pooling their resources and providing the loan it is proposed that the consortium members will receive the following key benefits:

all benefits of the Well Society's amber members

LOANS TO MFC

BACKGROUND AND TERMS

(k) All the benefits which accrue to an 1886 member of the Well Society will be available to a lender

Yes, I noticed that, maybe the first offering was too attractive and it was watered down. No free seats on the club charter.

Like weeyin says its not even a drop in the bucket for the teams down south. I wouldn't be averse to being a feeder team for one of them if they provided financial security. While 1 million is hell of a lot for us many teams down south could afford that every year to support a feeder team.

A feeder club? For who? We've not produced a English Premiership level player since James McFadden. Do middle to bottom level Championship clubs have the money to put into a feeder club?

Even if they did why would they loan players to us for free when they can make money off them loaning to other clubs?

I think if this was viable it would have happened long ago.

I think we tried that some years ago with Villa, we got one player up an loan (Tarrant??) and he was gash. Don't know what happened to our little agreement after that.