Do We Need a New Manager?

steelboy

Situation is beyond critical, it was critical 4 games ago. We're now in full blown crisis mode. The writing has been on the wall since game 1 though.

4 points in the next 2 games or he has to go. The players and management have had 14 games now to show there is light at the end of the tunnel and still nothing. Not even a hint.

There has to be affirmative action before the situation becomes irretrievable. 0 points in the next 2 games and we more than likely will be bottom.

Situation is beyond critical, it was critical 4 games ago. We're now in full blown crisis mode.

Our pulse is weak and the habit of losing appears to be spreading. The race is on to find a cure for the Hibola virus bad.gif that has spread through Fir Park. Is there a cure? Or will we be joining LD in the championship next season? Who knows, however, if we don't start picking up points soon the game as they say is a bogey.

I can see tabloid headlines now... It's time to McCall it a day.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how much attention the media give us. Worst start to a season in over 2 decades, in the worst premier league we've seen during that time.

Change required although as I've said repeatedly, the issues run much deeper than McCall. Time to bring forward this announcement regarding failure of Well Society and future investment model.

A blind man and his dog can tell you that Kerr and angol were dramatically out of position ( probably out of their depth), Law is absolutely rotten, Sutton continues to offer the square root of 0, Mchugh is past even talking about and Lasley and McManus have had about the worst start to a season they probably have ever had. The eejit that is Stuart McCall however seems completely oblivious to all this and our witless attacking - content to leave Ainsworth who was our biggest threat on the bench last night - by bringing on the sub everyone was screaming for with only 4 minutes to go.

I've tried to go through the waste of managerial space that McCall, logically, for 3 years... I'm past it. McCall out and anybody with an iota of tactics in. Rotten.

1414231187[/url]' post='423612']

Will be interesting to see how much attention the media give us. Worst start to a season in over 2 decades, in the worst premier league we've seen during that time.

Change required although as I've said repeatedly, the issues run much deeper than McCall. Time to bring forward this announcement regarding failure of Well Society and future investment model.

I wouldn't imagine the media will give us much attention as none of them care less about us, Andy Devlin and Tam Cowan apart and the latter has already made it clear that he won't call for change unless/until we are relegated. You are absolutely correct in saying that our problems run much deeper than McCall but the way I see it is that he has no idea how to pull us out of this mess and get us to fight tooth and nail - something he's never really had to do since he's been here - and his tactics and set ups this season have been baffling at times, even by his standards. We WILL be relegated unless we have a change of manager asap in my view! It may only be a quick fix to our problems, but if we can get someone in who can put rockets up backsides, shake that lackadaisical bunch out of their comfort zones and make the best of the squad we have then that might save us from the drop, which lets face it would be catastrophic for us just now.

• Like 1

Agree with that we lack fight and desire the 2 main ingredients for a relegation battle that we're undoubtably involved in. We've been shite in EVERY single game we've played this season. McCall has to go to let us try and at least keep ourselves in The SPL. Owen Coyle and Tommy Coyne management team sounds good. Billy Davies not working either at the moment. Terry Butcher? :whistling:

Butcher isn't the answer, look what he did with Hibs last season. And he, like McCall is very weak tactically so that's a no for me. I would go for someone like Jimmy Calderwood, a proven, seasoned SPL manager who has a bit of tactical nous about him, possibly only as a short term fix to get us out of this mess but as I said, that's what we need right now.

Not trying to defend the players as they definately need to have a long hard look at themselves.

But they must be baffled and totally dispirited regarding McCalls choice week in week out about who who plays wide right/left. The only decent cross in open play last night came from Stevie Hammell very late on. I lost count of many times attempts at crosses by Kerr and ZFA hit the first defender. They way we are set up means the performance of the wing backs is critical ,yet McCall persists in selecting two players who cannot control a ball, cannot beat a man, cannot cross a ball and who's confidence is shot to pieces by being played out of position and and expected to work miracles. And then you have the Josh Law love in!!!!!!

What really pissed me off about the so called professional pundits on BT sport last night......Craigen included......is that no one had the guts to ask McCall why he persists with Kerr and ZFA out of position to the exclusion of young, reportedly exciting talent and/or experienced players who can actually shoot and cross a ball effectively. Willie Miller (quite rightly) gets flack from many on here but he at least was questioning the reasoning behind last nights team line up. McCall has too many pals in the Media who refuse to ask him hard , meaningful questions.

Although most of us thought it was amusing to see Hearts and Hibs go down, I bet we all also thought they would come back up in a healthier, stronger position ready to push on in the top division. Hearts are well on the way and Hibs will get there eventually. How many of us actually believe Motherwell would have the same outlook following relegation.

McCall must go sooner rather than later if we are to have any hope of survival. I liken it to the Fulham position under Felix McGath. Following his sacking, and under an unproven stand in Manager, the same squad is pushing up the league and could well make the play offs. In my opinion our existing squad, with proper leadership have the ability to do likewise. Does question our players' attitude I know, but it all stems from the Manager and his backroom staff.

Hearts are well on the way and Hibs will get there eventually. How many of us actually believe Motherwell would have the same outlook following relegation.

Similar to Partick Thistle and Dundee we would spend a few years in the lower leagues before eventually fighting our way back into the top flight. Depressing to think that we could be relegated before the likes of St Mirren. :(

1414240319[/url]' post='423629']

Although most of us thought it was amusing to see Hearts and Hibs go down, I bet we all also thought they would come back up in a healthier, stronger position ready to push on in the top division. Hearts are well on the way and Hibs will get there eventually. How many of us actually believe Motherwell would have the same outlook following relegation.

Knowing us we'd still have the "we're only a wee club punching aaawaaaaaaaay above our weight attitude" from boardroom to the stands.ph34r.gif

Similar to Partick Thistle and Dundee we would spend a few years in the lower leagues before eventually fighting our way back into the top flight. Depressing to think that we could be relegated before the likes of St Mirren. :(

Partick went down two seasons in a row and both of them almost went out of business. Dundee were also docked 25 points for going into administration.

I wouldn't imagine the media will give us much attention as none of them care less about us, Andy Devlin and Tam Cowan apart and the latter has already made it clear that he won't call for change unless/until we are relegated. You are absolutely correct in saying that our problems run much deeper than McCall but the way I see it is that he has no idea how to pull us out of this mess and get us to fight tooth and nail - something he's never really had to do since he's been here - and his tactics and set ups this season have been baffling at times, even by his standards. We WILL be relegated unless we have a change of manager asap in my view! It may only be a quick fix to our problems, but if we can get someone in who can put rockets up backsides, shake that lackadaisical bunch out of their comfort zones and make the best of the squad we have then that might save us from the drop, which lets face it would be catastrophic for us just now.

We did get a wee bit of time on Sportsound during this week so you never know, particularly with 3 televised games in a row.

The concern for me MJC is that if the club is as rudderless as it looks from the outside, candidates may not want the job. Appreciate a lot is hopefully going on in the background at the moment but any decent candidate needs to have confidence in where we are heading. There appears to be a distinct lack of leadership in the absence of Dempster.

Just as it is completely galling to have been "best of the rest" for 3 seasons running and consistently good in other seasons yet have no trophys to show for it (whilst other teams are consistently rotten and have won cups), it will even worse to have 1 solitary bad season and be relegated, whilst other teams (ie St Mirren) are continually bad and manage to never go down!!

• Like 1

1414243456[/url]' post='423639']

We did get a wee bit of time on Sportsound during this week so you never know, particularly with 3 televised games in a row.

The concern for me MJC is that if the club is as rudderless as it looks from the outside, candidates may not want the job. Appreciate a lot is hopefully going on in the background at the moment but any decent candidate needs to have confidence in where we are heading. There appears to be a distinct lack of leadership in the absence of Dempster.

Indeed, and that's why I have a horrible and strong suspicion that if and when McCall leaves that his replacement will be Kenny Black or Scott Leitch as the job won't appear attractive to outsiders and it would be cheap and easy to just promote one of them into the hotseat as was done when Dempster moved on.

Were getting what we deserve with all this talk were a wee team" punching above our weight for so long", if you say it enough people believe it as do the players, manager etc.

Who's saying Hamilton are a wee crap team punching above there weight not heard a word spoken like that about them its all about the young players they bring through sell on and make money.

As has been said before there's more wrong than just McCall, when we were doing well last year we should be biging our self up not like we seem to have been for years, just thankful to be playing in the big league!

• Like 1

Were getting what we deserve with all this talk were a wee team" punching above our weight for so long", if you say it enough people believe it as do the players, manager etc.

Who's saying Hamilton are a wee crap team punching above there weight not heard a word spoken like that about them its all about the young players they bring through sell on and make money.

As has been said before there's more wrong than just McCall, when we were doing well last year we should be biging our self up not like we seem to have been for years, just thankful to be playing in the big league!

This is a problem that we as a club have had for as long as I can remember and exists from the boardroom to the support. I firmly lay the blame for our inability to negotiate good deals for our key players in the transfer market and also for our repeated failures in Cup matches at the door of this attitude.

Whilst other clubs are talking up their best players we are talking ours down with the apparent best they can achieve is a move to the lower leagues of England, like we did with Murphy, Randolph etc...before we accept the first miserly bid for them.

And repeated Cup failures are simply shrugged off because "we ain't Barcelona" when such losses as our three Aberdeen debacles, Sevco, Albion Rovers and Stjarnan should have seen serious criticism from within the club and in the cases of Albion Rovers, heads rolling!

• Like 1

Sadly administration would not be that far off if we do get relegated. Troubling times down Fir Park way. :(

We could be well on the way to admin just now, the board have made it quite clear our budget is based on a top 6 finish every season.

Despite our "best of the rest" league positions in the last 3 years, we've made consecutive losses each fiscal year.

Bottom 6 seems likely to result in the rest of the Well Society's (already diminished) War Chest being swallowed up to keep us afloat, initially.

Even then, I'm not confident we could afford our outgoings for very long. If we go down, it's game over.

If there's going to be any changes, they need to be made now. Not in a few weeks. Not at Christmas. Now, before it's too late.

well on the radio today be four the start of st midden and ross .. the panel said they thought they would be watching the bottom and 2nd bottom teams this year then they both score 2 each ,,,,, when will we score 2 ?? and I personally would not bet on that :( :(