Do We Need a New Manager?

steelboy

Unfortunately with the turmoil behind the scenes with finances and potential new owners whether that's the WS or someone else there will be no change of structure or management until the new owners come in. McCall will never walk you can see that in his interviews, he just thinks we are going through a rough patch, he doesn't see his management as an issue. Mind you I don't think i have heard any reporters actually asking him any hard questions despite this terrible run. Short term nothing is going to happen until at least January imo, by that time we will be adrift at the bottom.

Actually havent bothered taking much notice at the table recently but had a look today and were 13 points (12 & gd) from a top 6 place already?

Given the financial position of the club,were about 90% certain to end up in admin if we go out the scottish cup early and fail to finish top 6! Relegation would all but finish us for good. In light of this,can we afford NOT to sack McCall? Ok Im not his biggest fan anyway but what is obvious for me (and was confirmed by Bradford fans when he came to us) is that McCall is a solid fair weather manager,able to keep his team in good spirits when they are settled and doing well, but he flounders once he loses his top 11 and will favour shoehorning in experienced "favourites" over developing young players! THAT is exactly the kind of manager we can do without at Fir Park.

The longer this shambles goes on the harder its going to be to dig ourselves out of it! We must act now or it will be too late. We dont have a great squad but as I pointed out in another thread, its more than capable of SPL top 3/4 if the players are well drilled,fit and playing in natural positions. We need a new leader woth the above attributes and not the ginger mulleted ostrich we currently have

• Like 1

Who is going to replace him then ? If you think he should go then you must have a replacement in mind. Someone who will be willing to

take over a team 2nd bottom of league , maybe bottom by Monday night

with no money

no depth of squad ,

who finished 2nd last year ,,

has the best record in the last six years in recent club history ,

only gets 4000 at home will we are pushing for 2nd spot ,

your new employers have just issued a beggin letter to get money in till the end of the season

will get no transfer money even if money does suddenly appear ......

MMmm that would be an interesting replacement list answers on a postage stamp please. McCall deserves a chance to turn it around after the last few seasons .

• Like 1

The argument of who we would appoint is utter utter baws.

There are plenty of managers out there who would jump at the chance at managing us!

Got to agree with Shaka, I have mentioned this lots and lots of times, I don't think he is capable of turning this around. This is the first real 'test' of his management and he is failing miserably,

The argument of who we would appoint is utter utter baws.

There are plenty of managers out there who would jump at the chance at managing us!

Got to agree with Shaka, I have mentioned this lots and lots of times, I don't think he is capable of turning this around. This is the first real 'test' of his management and he is failing miserably,

Like who ? If its utter baws then it should have an easy answer and the most important one eh. What happens in the weeks after the manager leaves and new one is appointed or will we make a quick panic appointment we live to regret ?. Il just wait for the next bandwagon to roll on by before I jump on thanks

Like who ? If its utter baws then it should have an easy answer and the most important one eh. What happens in the weeks after the manager leaves and new one is appointed or will we make a quick panic appointment we live to regret ?. Il just wait for the next bandwagon to roll on by before I jump on thanks

Unfortunately I do not have a list of every available manager!! I will email my contact at the LMA and come back to you.....

Owen Coyle is available... dont mention we couldnt afford him.. he is unemployed and crying out for work...

Ian Murray at Dumbarton is a young hungry manager who is highly quoted... could do a job similar to Hartley at Dundee or McNamara at Utd.

Do you not think we could regret staying with a manager who at the moment is taking us down.....??

Every time we lose a manager the same shite is trotted out but the calibre of applications are always higher than anticipated and we have a very proactive approach towards appointments, its never rushed and its never a panic appointment. McGhee wasnt, McCall wasnt, Malpas mibbes.

Ps Bandwagon my arse, I have been saying this long and weary, anyone that sits around me at Fir Park can also testify that I do not and havent had the greateest of opinions on McCall for the past year or so even finishing 2nd, mainly due to his negativity and the terrible fitness. Major gripe of mine.

• Like 1

In no disagreeing that McCall deserves one or two more games, but in terms of who:

George Burley

Owen Coyle

Nick Barmby

Steve Lomas

Gary McCallister

Sammy Mcilroy

Billy McKinlay

Lawrie Sanchez

All of whom are unemployed. Some might be shite. Some might be ok. Some have actually been linked with us in the past. But I'm certain if McCall is sacked or resigns, folk sitting earning fuck all, will look to apply to earn something. Whether it's ideal for them or not is another matter.

I agree with your general sentiment, which I think is that's it's possibly a punt in the dark which may not work. And maybe unfair on McCall.,but there will be folk out there looking to earn money, and to get back into a management position.

Ps - that list is not exhaustive and contains folk I don't rate. The point is that in terms if options, there are lots of manager out there unemployed and as such the decision to not sack McCall can't be hinged on no other possible available managers.

Ah so it was you that's been driving that wagon for the last three unsuccessful seasons then. What do we want success on the park and moan about the manager or relagation struggle and moan about the manager and prove I was right all along. Everyone sees it different but I must agree the fitness of the team has been shite

Who is going to replace him then ? If you think he should go then you must have a replacement in mind. Someone who will be willing to

take over a team 2nd bottom of league , maybe bottom by Monday night

with no money

no depth of squad ,

who finished 2nd last year ,,

has the best record in the last six years in recent club history ,

only gets 4000 at home will we are pushing for 2nd spot ,

your new employers have just issued a beggin letter to get money in till the end of the season

will get no transfer money even if money does suddenly appear ......

MMmm that would be an interesting replacement list answers on a postage stamp please. McCall deserves a chance to turn it around after the last few seasons .

So by your quote McCall deserves his chance ti turn it round? Mid July we were beat by a shite team,looked unfit,poorly organized with a centre half on the right wing,friday night we were beat by a shite team,looked unfit ,poorly organized with a centre half on the right wing. In the 12/13 weeks in between we have been the exact same! So when is he going to turn it around? By the looks of it,does he even think theres a problem?

We would have plenty applicants if we were looking! Personally Id go for Ian Murray at Dumbarton. The team he has assembled to assist him at a part time club eclipses us! He has Beuzelin as assistant,a gk coach,first team coach,fitness coach and video analyzer. I believe he could do a similar job to Hartley & McNamara.

You say our squad is so thin? Discounting McHugh,Cummins & Law , cause theyre worse than shite. We have a potential team and matchday squad of

Dan

Reid,Kerr,McManus,Hammell

Carswell,Lawson

Ainsworth,Vigurs,Ojamaa

Erwin

(Subs)

Moore,Sutton,Lasley,ZFA,Ramsden,O'Brien,Nielsen

Plus Jack Leitch,Chris Cadden,Dom Thomas,Morgyn Neill

Thats a 22 man squad not including the afore mentioned 3 & any other capable u20 lads. Your telling me that squad isnt as capable as Partick,Hamilton,Killie etc? Utter bollocks.

• Like 3

Here is a potential outcome coming soon;

• Relegation combined with administration.

• Hearts and The Rangers being promoted.
  • Increased attendances in The Premier Division with the above support.
  • A new sponsorship deal

• -15 point deduction in The Championship as still in administration.
  • Next to no players and no finances.
  • Fighting relegation once more

Time for the B.O.D. to take action NOW, before this becomes a reality.

It is imperative we stay up this season!!!!!!!!!!

McCall will be given time to turn it around and he deserves it after the last 3 seasons.

That said there has to come a time (and soon) for the results to come along and for us to show that we will not finish in the bottom 2 positions. Problem is our next 3 games are against 3 of the top 4 teams in the league. Then we play St Mirren away, Partick and Ross C at home in December. Also a Scottish Cup tie in there also.

So I think he will get to mid December, possibly Xmas and then the Board will be forced to make a decision. You may also have to pay off the contract of Kenny Black as well as McCall...

I hope he can turn things around, but the evidence is sadly lacking and continuing to persevere with Ramsden, Sutton and Lasley week after week, despite continuous poor performances suggests the end is nigh.

McCall will be given time to turn it around and he deserves it after the last 3 seasons.

That said there has to come a time (and soon) for the results to come along and for us to show that we will not finish in the bottom 2 positions. Problem is our next 3 games are against 3 of the top 4 teams in the league. Then we play St Mirren away, Partick and Ross C at home in December. Also a Scottish Cup tie in there also.

So I think he will get to mid December, possibly Xmas and then the Board will be forced to make a decision. You may also have to pay off the contract of Kenny Black as well as McCall...

I hope he can turn things around, but the evidence is sadly lacking and continuing to persevere with Ramsden, Sutton and Lasley week after week, despite continuous poor performances suggests the end is nigh.

I think if we are going to sack him we need to do it sooner rather than later. We have the Scottish Cup and those matches against the bottom sides to try and salvage the season.

If we don't get anything out of those our season is well and truly shagged anyway and there is not much point giving McCall a pay off at that stage.

So by your quote McCall deserves his chance ti turn it round? Mid July we were beat by a shite team,looked unfit,poorly organized with a centre half on the right wing,friday night we were beat by a shite team,looked unfit ,poorly organized with a centre half on the right wing. In the 12/13 weeks in between we have been the exact same! So when is he going to turn it around? By the looks of it,does he even think theres a problem?

We would have plenty applicants if we were looking! Personally Id go for Ian Murray at Dumbarton. The team he has assembled to assist him at a part time club eclipses us! He has Beuzelin as assistant,a gk coach,first team coach,fitness coach and video analyzer. I believe he could do a similar job to Hartley & McNamara.

You say our squad is so thin? Discounting McHugh,Cummins & Law , cause theyre worse than shite. We have a potential team and matchday squad of

Dan

Reid,Kerr,McManus,Hammell

Carswell,Lawson

Ainsworth,Vigurs,Ojamaa

Erwin

(Subs)

Moore,Sutton,Lasley,ZFA,Ramsden,O'Brien,Nielsen

Plus Jack Leitch,Chris Cadden,Dom Thomas,Morgyn Neill

Thats a 22 man squad not including the afore mentioned 3 & any other capable u20 lads. Your telling me that squad isnt as capable as Partick,Hamilton,Killie etc? Utter bollocks.

Thank goodness its no you making the big calls then . Dumbarton arnt exactly setting the division on fire right now 2 points off bottom same as us , so that would not be a forward step should we get their manager .you forgot to mention injuries and the young ages of the 22 . .When we are down here we cant expect youngsters to get us out or wait till injuries are cleared up As proved so far no they are not as capable as other squads and that isn't ballocks..... its fact

Thank goodness its no you making the big calls then . Dumbarton arnt exactly setting the division on fire right now 2 points off bottom same as us , so that would not be a forward step should we get their manager .you forgot to mention injuries and the young ages of the 22 . .When we are down here we cant expect youngsters to get us out or wait till injuries are cleared up As proved so far no they are not as capable as other squads and that isn't ballocks..... its fact

Murray is a young coach who is highly rated and is doing a very good job with the limited money he has in that league. But thats an aside, as I said before, we wouldnt be short of applicants and Id imagine some quality ones at that.

Yes weve had injuries but so has everyone else, THATS when you utilize your squad! We dont, we play favourites no matter how fit they are and persist with guys like McHugh and Law when we have hungry talented youngsters waiting for a chance. And the young players in our squad are the ones NOT getting a game! Erwin is in + out despite showing a lot more in 20 min cameos than Sutton has shown all season. Sutton,Las,Hammy,Ramsden,McManus are all in their 30s and Reid,Gunnar, Dan, Ainsworth, Ojamaa,McHugh,Law are all mid 20`s.

Anyway, how many injuries did we have friday? and we STILL had Vigurs centre mid,Kerr right wing and Sutton the untouchable rolling aroud on his arse! THATS why were struggling. Kerr is a capable centre half, he is not a capable winger!, Vigurs is a capable playmaker,he is not a capable box to box midfielder, Sutton is a capable goalscorer, he is not a capable target man. Las has struggled badly, as has McManus and Ainsworth is our biggest goal threat and spends too much time on the bench.

Play players in their natural positions and drop out of form players, theres a novel idea, but I bet it would work

There must be something pretty significant going on behind the scenes with Ainsworth if McCall is persevering with playing a defender at right wing. It's utterly bizarre otherwise.

I could just about imagine him as a wing back, but even still…

I'd always thought that playing players in their natural positions, no matter their age or experience, was a bit of a no-brainer.

This whole season has been bizarre. Why has Lasley and McManus been so poor. Why cant Ainsworth run or play a simple pass to a team-mate. Why does the awfull Fraser Kerr play right wing back when he couldn't cross the road. Why did we sign a tiny goalkeeper. What's happened to John Sutton. Why cant Ian Vigours get above ambling pace and just WHY cant our players be fitter than they are. <_>