Do We Need a New Manager?

steelboy

aye on website he is gone, pity Kenny Black is still hanging around though! Despite his aversion to developing youth, McCall had an amazing record the last 3 years, but this season has been a shambles from the start. Now we need to find the right guy to help us out of this mess

its been mostly good times since mccall came to the club so its a shame that its ended this way,looking to the rest of this season he obviously feels its in the clubs best interest if he goes so he should be commended for that.

The club has a track record of left field appointments, and I can't see that approach changing. The only thing would be whether or not they decide that we can't gamble, and go for a safe pair of hands to get us through the rest of the season.

We've always been reasonably fortunate in that we've been in reasonably good nick when a new manager is required, but given the state we're in at the moment I'd question whether we're the draw we once were...

Ive got nothing against him I would have given him till at least Xmas but a change will be a good thing.

He's left us with some great memories finishing best of the rest 3 years in a row is an incredible achievement for a 'diddy club' such as us it'll probably never happen again in my lifetime. All the best Stuart

As for a replacement I wouldn't mind getting someone like Craig Brown in temporarily to make us hard to beat again. No idea who I want permanently no doubt it will be from leftfield again

next summer with potential budget slashing and/or 15odd players who can leave for free, we cannot afford to get in a stopgap manager and start next summer looking for a manager while the squad falls apart. What we need is the board to make the right appointment and one looking at the future of our club. We also need shot of Black + Marshall so the new guy can bring his own team in

ve got nothing against him I would have given him till at least Xmas but a change will be a good thing.

He's left us with some great memories finishing best of the rest 3 years in a row is an incredible achievement for a 'diddy club' such as us it'll probably never happen again in my lifetime. All the best Stuart

As for a replacement I would mind getting someone like Craig Brown in temporarily to make us hard to beat again. No idea who I want permanently no doubt it will be from leftfield again

Craig brown is a director at Aberdeen so no chance there.

Craig brown is a director at Aberdeen so no chance there.

I think the suggestion was someone "like" Craig Brown, meaning a short term, experienced appointment like Brown was when Gannon was given the boot. Someone to steady the ship.

We also need shot of Black + Marshall so the new guy can bring his own team in

Black is stepping in as caretaker while we find someone else.

Full article from the site, in case people haven't been able to get in to it:

Motherwell FC can announce Stuart McCall has resigned from his position as manager.McCall, who was appointed in December 2010 and was the second longest serving manager in Scottish senior football, informed the board of his decision late this afternoon.

The 40-times capped former Scotland midfielder has overseen a period of incredible success at Fir Park, including taking Motherwell into the Scottish Cup Final in 2011, then three ‘Best of the Rest’ finishes in the Scottish top flight.

As manager, he smashed a number of long-standing records, including for games won, goals scored, clean sheets and points accumulated; the 50-year old also led Motherwell into the UEFA Champions League for the first and only time back in 2012.

In contrast, the current season hasn’t started as well as anyone would like.

Speaking on behalf of the Board, Derek Weir, who was instrumental in McCall’s appointment, said: “Everyone at Motherwell FC would like to sincerely thank Stuart for his contribution to the club, which will go down as one of the most successful managerial tenures in our 128-year history.

“We have been acutely aware of results this season, but everyone at Fir Park was confident in his, and the team’s, ability to turn things around.

“However, following a long conversation this afternoon, Stuart felt it better for all concerned if he stepped down with immediate effect and we respect that.

“Assistant manager Kenny Black will take charge of first-team team affairs in a caretaker role to allow the board to start the process of recruiting a new manager, which will begin right away.”

6 month contract for McGhee? We were the fittest we've ever been under McGhee and played some fab football. He also played players where they should be played, if memory serves

He had a brutal 2nd season after knocking back Hearts. He would also have to operate on a much smaller budget compared to the money we splashed about back then.

I really hope there is nothing in the Leitch chat, that would be a brutal move. I expect the media to link us with numerous candidates including Coyle, McAllister, McKinley, Craigan, Murray and Weir.

Messy times ahead given the apparent upheaval in the background, which may or may not have been a contributing factor to McCalls decision.