St.johnstone V Motherwell

Yabba's Turd

I'm not even saying this as a piss take, if he is fit and at anywhere near his best a certain ex player of ours is actually going to rip us a new arsehole.

When we were at our darkest moment in administration i was a season ticket holder and back then i seen a team full of fight and hunger to fight for the cause, the team huddle down at Rugby Park (i think it was there anyway ?) had the place buzzing because it was us against the world and we were all in it together. This is a team in the same predicament and i don't see any sort of fight or desire to halt this slump !

We have a manager who i have loved in his Motherwell tenure but is now clearly in denial saying "it will improve next week trust me" its almost like he is reading the same script that Terry Butcher threw in a bin outside Easter Road last year after he wis shit canned !

I'm still not quite at the McCall out stage but if Saints pull our pants aff then the question is going to become "can we afford NOT to sack Stuart ?"

I hope with all my heart its any kind of Well victory but head says 2-0 Saints, Faddy getting at least 1 of them and the same parroted bullshit about being "unlucky" or "its not from a lack of effort" being spouted by a manager who week to week seems less and less interested in the fight to save our club !

Sorry that this has came out on the Saints thread because it belongs on another one but i had a good few pints of red T tonight tae put that performance out my mind and all its done is make me more pissed off !

Sorry, but at this moment this "team" can't create chances. They are the lowest scoring "team" in the scottish leagues. We are playing like we are relegated already, and it won't be long until that becomes a reality. This bullshit that we'll come good the next game is just that, bullshit! McColl played all his experienced players against Aberdeen, and they showed they are not up for the fight. John Sutton has completely lost his way, the goalkeeper kept humping balls up the park to him, and 99% were just headed back to allow Aberdeen possession again. What McColl sees in Josh Law, I just don't know, can't pass, can't tackle, a complete waste of a wage that could have been used to give McFadden a contract, who, even half fit, is a better player than Law will ever be. A midfield that doesn't seem to know where there supposed to be on the park. There all over the place, no structure! A defence that can't tackle. Did you see McManus's pathetic attempt to stop Haynes going through for Aberdeen's goal. Over the 50 years or so I've followed Motherwell, I have never been as worried about my "teams" performance. I highlight team because at the moment that is one thing they are not. They can't even pass to one another. I really don't know how they can drag themselves out of this mess, and believe me I've see Motherwell in the lower divisions before, and would again if the worst came to the worst, but my worry this time is the possibility of administration or worse if we go down.

Yep, this one has all the hallmarks of a "must-win" about it. On the positive side, St Johnstone have been almost as bad as us so far this season. On the negative, I'd not be surprised in the slightest if Faddy took us to pieces. Which I think would be even more gutting than losing itself.

I don't know how McCall will do it, but we need to take the points on Friday.

A six pointer. Sadly, the hangman's noose is starting to tighten around Stuart's fragile neck.

1-0 St Johnstone, with Faddy coming off the bench to score the winner. :( I can already hear Elton John's song blaring over the tannoy at the final whistle... I Guess That's Why They McCall It The Blues. Just like Stuart, i'll get my coat. ph34r.gif

Huge game for us! With every passing week (and defeat) the group above us in the table pull a little further away. Although I cannot see for the life of me where they would come from, 2 or 3 wins would bring us back into the pack in mid table so I'm clinging to that hope and trying to look up rather than down but it's becoming increasingly difficult!

As for the line up, I feel sorry for Kerr constantly being played out of position. The guy tries his best and puts a shift in but just isn't suited to the role McCall persists in deploying him in.

I think he has the tools to do a decent job if played at CB and deserves a chance in there with Ramsden.

Erwin showed more in his first 30 secs on Friday than Sutton did all game so deserves a chance.

I really hope we go 4-2-3-1, ring a few changes and play guys in their correct position!

Erwin

Ojamaa Vigurs Ainsworth

Lasley Carswell

Hammell Ramsden Kerr Reid

Twardzik

Huge game for us! With every passing week (and defeat) the group above us in the table pull a little further away. Although I cannot see for the life of me where they would come from, 2 or 3 wins would bring us back into the pack in mid table so I'm clinging to that hope and trying to look up rather than down but it's becoming increasingly difficult!

As for the line up, I feel sorry for Kerr constantly being played out of position. The guy tries his best and puts a shift in but just isn't suited to the role McCall persists in deploying him in.

I think he has the tools to do a decent job if played at CB and deserves a chance in there with Ramsden.

Erwin showed more in his first 30 secs on Friday than Sutton did all game so deserves a chance.

I really hope we go 4-2-3-1, ring a few changes and play guys in their correct position!

Erwin

Ojamaa Vigurs Ainsworth

Lasley Carswell

Hammell Ramsden Kerr Reid

Twardzik

Probably close to the team I would pick Dezz, maybe swap Leitch for Lasley and O'Brien for Ramsden.

Agreed. Both Sutton and McManus need a spell on the bench. Possibly Lasley as well, but of the 3 I would be more inclined to stick with the Captain.

Kerr in for McManus to play alongside O'Brien.

I think McCall needs to select this side and stick with it for a few games instead of constantly changing things around.

This is a huge game as St Johnston have almost been as poor as us this season.

All I hope is that by the time Friday comes, McCall will no longer be at Motherwell Football Club.

Any form of sanity would see the lineup pick itself imo.

Nielsen (twardziks kicking and cross ball control are utter shite)

Ramsden ( we don't have anyone else) Obrien Kerr (see ramsden) Hammell

------ Reid -------------Carswell

Ainsworth--vigurs ( in his actual position)--Ojamma

---------—------------Erwin ( Sutton is a passenger)

1-1

Hopefully Law and McHugh will be left at home. Leitch in midfield should we need fresh legs. Thomas should we need anyone new on the wings.