St.johnstone V Motherwell

Yabba's Turd

We've had a lot of joy in the past against st Johnstone when we go at them with a bit of pace. Remember Humphrey tearing them a new one various times down the right at Fir Park.

Tbh I have no idea if St J still have the same full backs but they have never been a team blessed with any great pace. Get Ojamaa and Ainsowrth in the wide positions and run at them.

No idea why, but I've got a feeling we're going to get 3 points this Friday.

haven't seen very much this season at all other than the aberdeen game. But based on what I ahve read and the little i have seen I would certainly pen som eplayers in from the start and persevere with a settled team as much as possible and limit the number of changes. Normally I would agree with the approach of shoring up the defence first of all but I think that has been tried and is not working plus the most that will get us is maybe a draw or two. We reall y ned to get some goals to create confidence that we can score so even if we go behind we know we have a chance to equakize. Right now we show very little going forward.

Twardzik or Nielson. ( don't care )

Reid Kerr Obrien Hammell

Ainsworth lasley vigurs Angol

ojamma Erwin

Ramsden/McManus not playing well

I would persevere with ainsworth.I don;t know enough to put anyone here other than Angol

I guess for Lasley and Vigurs we have Leitch and Carswell to replace them depending on perfromance and injuries. I don;t know anything about Thomas other than seeing his name on here.

Sutton just not cutting it so far

What Strachan said after the game on sky was spot on ie some other players must take responsibility and man up,, stop leaving it to others who have pushed us on in the past las and ham and if your having a bad game get stuck in and run about even more . How the hell can Sutton even try to cut it when he is getting feck all service from midfeildand having to drop back further and further?

How the hell can Sutton even try to cut it when he is getting feck all service from midfeildand having to drop back further and further?

Simples!! Stop giving the ball away when it comes to him. Try and link up other players. He cannot trap a ball, chest it down or stay on his feet!!!

On Friday he constantly gave the ball away. It's no surprise Henrik doesn't look the same player as he did previously and for that I can lay a lot of the blame on Sutts. When Higdon played alongside Henrik he used to link up the play and get the ball into the wee man in dangerous positions..... Sutton hasn't done this and doesn't look like doing this either.

Erwin has shown more signs of this in his small cameos so far this season.

What Strachan said after the game on sky was spot on ie some other players must take responsibility and man up,, stop leaving it to others who have pushed us on in the past las and ham and if your having a bad game get stuck in and run about even more . How the hell can Sutton even try to cut it when he is getting feck all service from midfeildand having to drop back further and further?

I agree with your point there STV! i think my point is that untill we start to play the style again that suits Sutton, we need another palyer in there. I don't blame Suttons lack of goals on sutton, in fact I am sure that if we give him the right service he will score goals. Right now we are not doing that but I would fully expect that at some point he would come back into the team and score goals.

Hopefully we don't play with 5 full-backs in the starting 11 this week!

Got to go with Ojamaa and Erwin up-top so that when we launch the ball from back-to-front, at least there will be 2 mobile forward players and not just Ojamaa. In addition, Ainsworth must start as he's normally good for creating at least 1 chance or having a shot on target. I'd like McManus dropped as well but that ain't going to happen.

Really don't understand the calls to drop Twardzik. Gunnar Neilsen is an absolute bombscare!!

Hope we go 4-4-2, back to basics.

Twardzik

Reid

Ramsden

O'Brien

Hammell

Ainsworth

Lasley

Leitch

Vigurs

Ojamaa

Erwin

2-1 to us, Ojamaa with a late winner. Faddy to score for them.

A 4-4-2 just doesn't work for us with the players we have, not enough covering in the wide areas from Ainsworth/Vigurs.

4-2-3-1

Goalkeeper: Twardzik. Nielsen gives me the fear.

Defence: Ramsden - Kerr - O'Brien - Hammell

Midfield: Lasley/Reid - Carswell

Attack: Ainsworth - Vigurs - Ojamma

Striker: Erwin (God knows it'll be Sutton, though).

A 4-4-2 just doesn't work for us with the players we have, not enough covering in the wide areas from Ainsworth/Vigurs.

4-2-3-1

Goalkeeper: Twardzik. Nielsen gives me the fear.

Defence: Ramsden - Kerr - O'Brien - Hammell

Midfield: Lasley/Reid - Carswell

Attack: Ainsworth - Vigurs - Ojamma

Striker: Erwin (God knows it'll be Sutton, though).

I'd definitely opt for this shape but go with Reid at right back with Ramsden possibly in the middle. Given that McCall has alluded to Kerr and O'Brien not being good with the ball at their feet, I doubt he would pair them.

4231 is surely the way to go though with a midfield duo primarily duty bound to screen the defence and get possession. That would leave plenty of scope for Vigurs to make the most of a mobile front 3.

Erwin, McHugh and the returning Moore all drafted into the under 20s tonight so just maybe, Sutton will get dropped.

Leitch and Carswell also getting a chance to impress although sounds like the former has just picked up an injury.

Doubt getting a chance to impress Lobey. Just SMc keeping them ticking over for their sub appearances no doubt.

Bloody McManus and Sutton should be getting game time for the reserves.

Mccall could be entering his last month in charge for me if results took begin to take shape.

I echo most peoples sentiments with the line up/shape changes. Hope mccall remembers to lock Bob Miss cugh in his room.

The midfield fight was better last week so id keep reid in there. Get Hammell to his actual position and for FS get some pace up front. Sorry Sutty.

Twardzik

Ramsden Kerr Mcmanus Hammell

Reid Lasley

Ainsworth Vigurs Angol

Ojamaa

I'd go with

Twardzik

Ramsden Kerr Mcmanus Hammell

Reid Lasley

Ainsworth Vigurs Ojamaa

Erwin

This line up - but I would put O'Brien in for McManus. Big Mick has struggled big time this season and his defending for the 1st goal at Aberdeen was abject in keeping with his general form this season. That said Ramsden has not been much better. Maybe Reid back to right back and Carswell into the side.

The team above would stave off relegation imho, but we need to persevere with it and not chop and change very week.

This line up - but I would put O'Brien in for McManus. Big Mick has struggled big time this season and his defending for the 1st goal at Aberdeen was abject in keeping with his general form this season. That said Ramsden has not been much better. Maybe Reid back to right back and Carswell into the side.

The team above would stave off relegation imho, but we need to persevere with it and not chop and change very week.

Pretty much agree with this - I like big Sutton but the lad just hasn't been giving us a good enough option this year, and we aren't making anywhere near enough chances to have a penalty box player - hopefully if we hit a few results he'll get his chance again.

The word of warning about the setup though is the 3 behind Erwin would have to work their arses off going back as well as forward.

I'm going to be travelling up north on Friday evening, so won't have the opportunity to watch it - will probably dip in and out of the radio, but I find listening to Well games a torture, especially if we happen to be in the lead - could well be checking teletext through the fingers by the time we arrive

MON RA DOSSERS

Is it too much to hope that St. Johnstone get a much deserved win tonight after Rangers kick them off the park injuring half a dozen of their best players?

Extra time and a demoralising penalties defeat would suit me fine.

The way our luck has been going St Johnstone will knock 8 past them without reply, with no reported injuries. dry.gif:(