St.johnstone V Motherwell

Yabba's Turd

It's funny how something so small can completely change a course of events. 17 seconds before their equaliser we were humping them, and had Ainsworth scored we would've won the came with ease (can't say for certain obviously but I reckon so). Instead we're all here bemoaning another defeat and calling for the gaffer's head.

Ojamaa was great, Ainsworth was good but faded out and contrary to what people think I thought Vigurs was very good too. Ramsden had an absolute mare, his cross ball to Hammell that went out the park said it all.

As for McCall, I love the guy, and before tonight I was willing to give him time, but then he started ZFA & Sutton after they were both utterly useless last week. If he does the same again next week then I too will be calling for his head. You can sort of understand why he has persisted with Sutton, as the big man has a good goalscoring record, but he hasn't even looked close to scoring lately, he's got to be dropped!

Next week I'd love to see...

Twardzik

Kerr

McManus

O'Brien

Hammell

Ainsworth

Carswell

Vigurs

Thomas

Erwin

Ojamaa

Unfortunately it'll be the same as tonight and we'll have to watch ZFA be the fastest player on the pitch but unable to beat a man and Fraser Kerr (who I feel sorry for as he doesn't asked to be played wide right) slice crosses out the park while Sutton falls on his arse and our skipper fails to show any sign of leadership or organisation.

This

Lasley has been fuckin dung last 6/7 matches.yet starts every week. Dont start me about fuckin Vigurs

I'm not going to come on here and say Lasley is having a smashing season cos he isn't but the last and only match he's missed was our biggest defeat of the season.

You remember that performance against Accies? Do you think our midfield was improved when he wasn't there?

I'm not going to come on here and say Lasley is having a smashing season cos he isn't but the last and only match he's missed was our biggest defeat of the season.

You remember that performance against Accies? Do you think our midfield was improved when he wasn't there?

Hiya keith hi pal

On the plus side thought it was a lot better tonight and taking that game in isolation , we were unlucky not to take something from the game

Over the 2 games against saints there is not a lot between the teams.

The defending for the second goal was comical tho,big Kerr aT right back isn't good enough,Ramsden was poor also.Don't know what's happened to Sutton either, although no faulting his effort

Thought Ainsworth ,vigurs and ojamma did well

Worrying part there is Ojamma will be off again in January ? and Vigurs seems very injury prone, noticed he was holding his back last night , when going off, seems to be a recurring injury with him

If your going down that road...how many games have won since he came back in?

From the parts I saw of the game it was a pretty sickening defeat. Any loss is never good but you can bracket some differently.

Last week's loss to Aberdeen, painful though it was to lose to them, isn't likely to have a huge bearing on any direct fight for places with them since they are likely to be top half and us bottom.

Defeats however to the likes of Thistle, Dundee and St Johnstone who may be embroiled in the that bottom half however are doubly deflating given that each loss allows them to put that little bit more distance between us and them.

On what I saw I felt we were good for a point last night, not unlike the St Johnstone game at Fir Park where they also nicked it late in the game.

At times in that first half we did actually look pretty good, arguably as comfortable as in any game this season. McCall goes on ad infinitum about the importance of getting that first goal and having got it I thought we looked composed and were spraying it about well.

The two goals conceded sadly just seemed in keeping with the style of goals we've been losing for much of the season. It was of course unfortunate that having been a great save away from being 2-0 up we are level and the early pantomime display in our box at the second, but there are an increasing number of occasions where teams are going from their box to ours in a matter of seconds with the minimum of opposition.

I don't think last night, and even last week at Pittodrie was a million miles away from some of performances levels that got us results last season. The team is evidently weaker I think we can safely say, having seen the first full set of fixtures come and go. The margins in many games have remained fine however but things have changed. Clearly if teams had any fear of playing us before that's no longer the case now. Against that our team is much more fragile confidence wise, and appear less robust at dealing with adversity the way we seemed to do so in previous seasons.

And whilst it could never be put forward as a major reasoning certainly the kind of good fortune that saw us benefit that from things like Inverness' effort rebound off the post in injury time at Fir Park in the penultimate game, or the Sutton challenge on Langfield going unpunished has been replaced with the kind of fortune that sees us hit the post and bar within about 5 seconds of one another, and sees our cumbersome defenders falling on their arse and conceding.

Really all they can do is keep trying to build on the stuffyness they should at Aberdeen, the step up in creativity at Perth and hope that sooner or later it marries itself into a performance good enough to get a win to build on.

• Like 2

good post andy p ,,, but can we really afford to wait on "sooner or later" because the daylight between us and other teams can get greater as we lack more and more confidence I don't think ther is that much difference in stj stmidden ross c plastic and us , but points make prizes and rite now we are not getting points :wallbash:

Completely gutted about last night. The passing in the first half was the best its been all season. sickening defeat. The second goal was beyond embarassing.

Sick of repeating myself about big sutton but he as anonymous again. At least Mchugh didnt come on. Ojamaa was excellent and i felt like we carried more of a threat but i dont see Kerr as a rightback nor do i see Ramsden as a centre half. Hes had a shocker this season.

Back home for the first time in a few weeks so decided to head up to Perth.

Wtf? I knew we were toiling but deary me.

Agree with most previous posts re fitness and players out of position.

Confidence looks really shot.

Anyway I'm off again so fingers crossed my next visit home will see us further up the table.