Motherwell V Dundee United 7/11/14

Yabba's Turd

The game signals a year since they gave us an absolute pumping at Fir Park. Without Robertson and an in-form Gauld they aren't at the same level as last season but still one of the best teams in the league.

United will play Ciftci upfront himself so hopefully we go with a 4231/433 and pin the likes of Reid/Carswell on Armstrong.

There are goals in us with Ainsworth and Ojamaa. A draw would be a welcome result. 2-2.

Dan

Reid - O'Brien - McManus - Hammell

Carswell - Lasley

Ainsworth - Vigurs - Ojamaa

Erwin

Is the team I would like to see playing.

that's the side i would like too see us put out on friday,erwin deserves a chance to start through the middle and with those 3 behind him i see no reason why we can't start scoring goals on a more regular basis.that team is more than good enough for this league,its about time they got the finger out and started doing the business.

Yes 4-0 Utd with Frazer Kerr crashing into everyone and launching every cross into the Cooper our pedestrian Midfield getting swamped. Our Tiny keeper saving it from being 10 and Sutton needing to pay to get into the game. Yes the only way to watch this impending debacle is to get MELTED!!! <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_drinks.gif" alt=":drinks:">

4-0, 5-0 Utd easily.

We've been having the same pre and post match chat for what seems forever.

Don't know about anyone else but I now feel punch drunk and numb to losing this many games. It almost doesn't hurt anymore.

Wil possibly be the lowest home attendance in years also.

Other than the cup replay, when did we last beat United at Fir Park?

While we've had a good record at Tannadice, I'm no sure we even scored a league goal against United at Fir Park during the McCall era.

Good job we're no longer in the McCall era then...

Seriously, they do seem to have our number at Fir Park. Our performance against St Johnstone was slightly improved but we'll need to lift it again in order to get anything from this game. I expect I similar lineup to the one we picked against St Johnstone as Stuart McCall did suggest that planning the team lineups for games was a collaborative task so would imagine Kenny Black will be thinking along similar lines...

Other than the cup replay, when did we last beat United at Fir Park?

While we've had a good record at Tannadice, I'm no sure we even scored a league goal against United at Fir Park during the McCall era.

I think we beat them 2-1 at Fir Park the week after the cup replay?

Dundee Utd basically fielded a shadow team on Saturday and still won 3-0. Obviously they were keeping back some of their first pick players for this match.

However they have lost their last two away fixtures (Inverness and Kilmarnock) without scoring a goal and lost 6-1 at Celtic Park so they have been up and down away from home.

Hopefully the team will have had a good hard think about what's happened this week and be determined to make amends.