Motherwell V Dundee United 7/11/14

Yabba's Turd

vigurs is quality......... but by fuck is he frustrating to watch ,,, one paced and picks the wrong pass at times ... but aw well ffs we will take that :cheers: :cheers:

Take out Vigurs name replace it with any Motherwell player and you realise they are almost all the same...

Hunger and desire all over the pitch.

You have to ask, where has that team been all season?

Fair enough, apart from Reid, everyone was played in a more or less natural position,and you anticipate a response after the manager resigns, however.....

Still not perfect but a massive improvement on previous weeks and an amazing 3 points against the team top of the league.

Onwards and upwards.

up until tonight lasley looked ready for the knackers yard and then he pulls a performance out like that. it's welcome but puzzling.

we rode our luck but it was good to see a bit of fight and determination from the players and especially good to see a competitive, hard fought game for the first time in 6 months.

• Like 2

Great performance tonight,fight and determination all over the park,may have got a bi of luck on a few occassions but we were due some tonight. Though the decision to play ramsden in front of defence was an excellent decision,gave us that bit of protection. Can we keep it up? A bloody well hope so

I've been watching football since 1974 and i know that Utd 'rested' their 2 best players cos they thought they'd get away with it. Feckin delighted with the 3 points but we could've been 3-0 down by half time. Thought they blew it and then were crap to my delight in the 2nd half. Just my opinion but still a massive 3 points. :thumbup:

What a change. Best we've played this season by miles.

Every player working their socks off, why couldn't we do that until now? Don't think too many people will be going on about fitness after that performance.

Interesting to note we played the 4-2-3-1 formation and I thought it worked well. We looked much more secure, we got bodies back to defend when we needed but we also carried a threat.

Ramsden has had a stinking season but thought he did well in an unfamiliar role and I thought Craig Reid was great, putting his foot in where others would have shirked it. Kerr also did well. I could go through the whole team really but the difference tonight was we worked for it. That's all you need, just hard work and effort and all that bad luck suddenly transforms.

United had chances and had us pinned back on occasions but I think we definitely deserved that on work rate alone. Great sleeves rolled up performance.

Mustve bn watching a different game cause I thought Lasley (along with Sutton) ws shit. First touch so bad his second is a tackle n giving away fouls all over the place. 4-2-3-1 looked good but we need a different 2 in the defensive roles.

Thought the defence was terrific esp O'Brien & Mick. Couldnt understand the sub! Obv Law is giving gummys to the coaching staff or something and Vigurs/Ojamaa/Ainsworth link so well together. The biggest positive (or cause of anger) is how determined we were and how hard we worked compared to previous weeks

A welcome win, but this team is still shit and we are destined for bottom six regardless who comes in.

We don't have a reliable playmaker, and take out Henrik and Ainsworth, we will struggle to create chances. Wins will be through a bit of luck and very hard work.

We played better against st Johnstone but we got the breaks tonight that we deserved last week.

Delighted with that. Not the best performance and we definitely rode our luck at times, but there was some excellent play in there. While United can complain they may have been 2 or 3 up on another day, we could quite easily have been the same. I'd say that performances aside, the big thing we've missed from last season, has simply been that bit of luck and belief. Players slipping over, mis-kicking, poor decision making (players and officials)...we've had plenty go against us, and tonight it went for us.

Ojamaa was outstanding and unlucky not to get a goal, Ainsworth and he linked up extremely well at points. Vigurs again showed glimpses of his real ability, although is still incredibly frustrating. Amazing that seconds after punting an easy pass out of the park, he skins two United players with a Zidane-esque turn, runs infield and skins another two. Good, calm finish for the goal though - and you could feel the whole stadium lift when it went in.

Special mention to Reid and (in the second half at least) Lasley, whose work rate and sheer determination today were outstanding. Some great stops from McManus, Kerr and Twardzik as well.

Stuart McCall must be asking himself where that came from though, as that level of application has been sadly lacking all season.

• Like 1

Nothing changed other than urgency..

No bounce that always happens after a managerial departure?

Not a formation change then?

While a lot of negative criticism has been leveled at Black, mostly due to taint by association, are we being unfair? I have read comments where people said if there was a result and it would be disastrous, would it? If so, how come?

Adapting effectively tonight to Dundee Utd's threats with a degree of coherence makes me wonder if he was overruled regularly?