Motherwell V Dundee United 7/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Just caught the highlights on

there. McNamara was on the radio moaning that United didn't get anything from the officials all night and that Connolly was a mile onside when he hit the post. Not sure what replays he was watching, as that clearly shows Connolly's head and shoulders being just offside as he starts his run - really good decision. Ainsworth was a mile on though.

That boy Futon or whatever was an absolute diddy. The Polish Gary Kenneth.

Really enjoyed that last night. First time since pittodrie in May I've left a game happy.

Real passion and hunger from the start, something we've been missing for a long time.

Impressive performances from twardzic, Reid, ramsden, O'Brien, lasley, vigurs and ojamma.

When was the last time we had so many players play well in one game?

1415431333[/url]' post='424933']Not sure what replays he was watching, as that clearly shows Connolly's head and shoulders being just offside as he starts his run

Which would still be adjudged as being in line and therefore not offside for most of the years I've been watching football. But I don't know what this season's directive du jour (directive du saison?) might be...

Which would still be adjudged as being in line and therefore not offside for most of the years I've been watching football. But I don't know what the directive du jour is this season.

No he was offside. To sum it up, if any part of your body that can score is offside, then you're offside. This has always been the case as far as I can remember, and despite what the commentators say, there is no "give the advantage to the attacker" crap in the Laws of the Game.

Just seen the highlights there, and after watching the game twice I still come to the same conclusion, we deserved that win. Not sure where people are getting the whole on another night United could have scored 4 or 5.

the united full back should have scored with the two headers in the second half and whoever it was that went through before half time should have scored and they had us on the ropes for a while at the end. in saying that we could have easily had 4 goals of our own.

did anyone see wee dan pick the ball up after ramsden passed it back to him after tracking the offside runner? i was surprised the united fans didn't claim for it.

Just seen the highlights there, and after watching the game twice I still come to the same conclusion, we deserved that win. Not sure where people are getting the whole on another night United could have scored 4 or 5.

Agree. Never felt that way at the match and when I got home and put the radio on and had a look at the football forums I was surprised.

Dundee Utd dominated spells of play but I don't think they created many more real chances than we did. Even looking at the BBC highlights there were chances we had that weren't shown, Vigurs in the first half for example.

I actually really enjoyed the match and even if we had lost I'd have been full of praise. The attitude and work rate of the players was a million miles away from where it had been from the first couple of minutes to the last.

The major difference from previous weeks was the chance they had when Twardzik was soft in the challnge and they flashed it across the box, there were like 8 Motherwell players between the six yard box and the goal line - a couple of weeks ago that number would have been 4 or less.

Defended as a team, something that has been missing this season so far I feel

I really enjoyed that last night. Definitely one of the best home games for a good while.

I had visions of a repeat of the kind of directionless games we had under Gordon Young the last time we'd a caretaker manager in place but really this was as good a response to recent events as I could possibly have hoped for.

There was heart, fight and barrel loads of endeavour and spirit from the first minute to last. It was brilliant to see, but there was much more to it than that I felt.

When I heard the radio after the game I was surprised at how much they seemed to be going on and on about Utd's display where as our win seemed to be put down solely to grit. I thought of that move for example between Ojamaa and Ainsworth that saw us play one touch football three quarters of the way up the park in the first half with only Vigurs fluffing it at the end, Ainsworth hitting the post, the disallowed goal, Ojamaa's two run and shots. Vigurs feints and flicks and so on. We contributed far more to that game than simply fighting hard.

Yeah United looked to have us worried a certain times, particularly in the first half when they went at us with pace and were slinging in deep crosses in the second half but we defended well and our keeper made the saves when needed. Rather than focusing on United's hard luck story they might have been better served highlighting the fact that McNamara thought he could get away with changing half a team and still beat us.

What's done is done with Stuart McCall and this season prior to yesterday evening. The team have very publicly set the bar for the type of performance, no scrub performance, the type of desire, determination and levels of character that will be expected in future games. They can't possibly retreat into their shell after last night.

For now though, I'm just savouring the win.

Really enjoyed the game last night. It has been a long time since a Well team has displayed passion like that. It was so refreshing to see players prepared to get their strips dirty when going in for a tackle, McManus being a perfect example of this. He, like many others, had a great game. It does make you wonder why a team of players, who are apparently distraught at the loss of their manager, could not muster up a display like that for him.

Yet again I was left thinking that Vigurs is the man that can transform our season. Yes he is incredibly infuriating at times but he is capable of moments of quality that is far above SPFL standard. His pass for the Ainsworth goal was world class. I am not saying that Vigurs is world class, but the pass was perfectly weighted and showed real vision. I was surprised that there was not more made of it in commentary. Ainsworth's finish was also top drawer.

I don't understand the Utd love. Truth was in 90 mins they could not score and we scored two excellent goals. We deserved the victory and there are many times over the last year when I have walked away from a Well game having won when I could not say that,

Yet again I was left thinking that Vigurs is the man that can transform our season. Yes he is incredibly infuriating at times but he is capable of moments of quality that is far above SPFL standard. His pass for the Ainsworth goal was world class. I am not saying that Vigurs is world class, but the pass was perfectly weighted and showed real vision. I was surprised that there was not more made of it in commentary. Ainsworth's finish was also top drawer.

Vigurs would be playing at a much higher level if he was more of an athlete and, dare I say, it had a better work ethic.

But in terms of touch, he's got brilliance in his locker.

you can turn on your tv 7 days a week and see much better players than iain vigurs who have no problems working hard defensively and staying switched on for 90 minutes. last night in the first half he wandered all over the park leaving craig reid exposed and we were lucky not to lose a goal because of it. second half he was much better, someone obviously had a word with him at half time.

the only reason he doesn't work hard is because he can't arsed.

• Like 2

you can turn on your tv 7 days a week and see much better players than iain vigurs who have no problems working hard defensively and staying switched on for 90 minutes. last night in the first half he wandered all over the park leaving craig reid exposed and we were lucky not to lose a goal because of it. second half he was much better, someone obviously had a word with him at half time.

the only reason he doesn't work hard is because he can't arsed.

Scored one and should have had an assist.

Let's try and accentuate the positive the day after we got our first home win since August and actually saw a decent level of performance.

Credit where credit's due, As much as I malign Kerr, he had one of his best games in a Motherwell jersey last night as did Ramsden. So much hunger and fight in the side, at times too much. Importantly we played the ball on the deck, allowed Ainsworth, Ojamaa and Vigurs to dictate play and attack Utd at pace. We exposed their suspect defence time and again.