Scottish Cup 14/15

Judge Jules

A draw entirely in keeping with the dispiriting tone of the weekend.

A top flight team at home is dull enough when you have gems like Spartans, Hurlford and Elgin teasing you with their presence. To be the very top flight team though whom you play in your previous home game just adds to the sense of tedium for me.

Nobody wanted a shite league season in exchange for a cup run ! When it was spoke about a lot of people said we would hypothetically accept a cup run if it meant we exchanged it for a good league finish, so check yourself bellend.

Well given we wont get a good league finish, those people are still half way towards what they wished for. Bellend.

I was one of the folk who said I'd take a shite league season for a cup win and I stand by that. What I didn't say (and don't think anyone did) was that I wanted a shite league season- I just said I'd accept it for a Cup win.

'accept it' for something that has only happened 3 times in 128 years. Tough crowd we'v got.

Ok BS tell ye wit you keep enjoying saying i told you so to other Well fans and we'll just keep supporting the team. Enjoy yer moment. Bellend

Blah blah blah, I support the team just fine mate. Who am i saying i told you so too? Someone pipes up the cup doesn't matter this season, i gently remind them that apparantly it really does, because thats all we read on here all summer. If you can't recognise that, then perhaps you too are one of the bellends in our support.

Sorry, let me be clear- if we finish tenth and win the Scottish Cup I will be absolutely ecstatic. There's a very real chance I'd go missing for a week or spontaneously combust.

I don't think anyone can disagree with you on that one, particularly at this moment in time.

Original point still stands, we are halfway there, although will need to pick up a spot in the league. ;)

Big Stall, as much as I've enjoyed the last few years of good successes, I'd trade every minute of it for a mediocre-pish league standing (not relegation) for one single cup. I've never seen Motherwell win one, and to be honest, I won't remember us winning as many as we can in 44 games in order to finish second as much as I'd remember a run and a win in a cup final.

Crikey, for a recent example; Reid's goal to beat Aberdeen to get the second place vs the 3-0 game vs St Johnstone. We didn't win anything, but the taste of possibility of success, in getting to that final as opposed to crashing into the glass ceiling of second (at best) in the league is something far more unforgettable.

It's not to demean the outstanding work and achievements, but I'd gladly have a horrible (but again, NOT club-ending) season for a cup.