Stuart Mccall Has Resigned

David

This season has been a massive struggle and things have turned against SMC. However, thank you for the previous run of best of the rest. No matter the quality of the opposition he still led the team to great achievements. Best wishes for his future and we need to move on quickly.

• Like 1

Best of luck to Stuart McCall, I'm sure he will be back in management in the near future.

He'll leave with a fantastic record over his tenure and although the wheels have fell off this season, he at least has done the honourable thing in resigning.

Time for B.O.D. to get the finger out and sort this out quickly!

Can someone copy and paste the club statement please?

Not sure if its because of the traffic to the site but I can't seem to get it to load.

Our last few managerial appointments have been from left field and have been largely impressive, McGhee, Brown,McCall etc but who appointed these guys, was it Leanne Dempster? I wonder if our next appointment will be in the same vain now that she is away?

Can someone copy and paste the club statement please?

still struggling with traffic, fat tony grabbed it and posted it on the other thread,

Full article from the site, in case people haven't been able to get in to it:

Motherwell FC can announce Stuart McCall has resigned from his position as manager.McCall, who was appointed in December 2010 and was the second longest serving manager in Scottish senior football, informed the board of his decision late this afternoon.

The 40-times capped former Scotland midfielder has overseen a period of incredible success at Fir Park, including taking Motherwell into the Scottish Cup Final in 2011, then three ‘Best of the Rest’ finishes in the Scottish top flight.

As manager, he smashed a number of long-standing records, including for games won, goals scored, clean sheets and points accumulated; the 50-year old also led Motherwell into the UEFA Champions League for the first and only time back in 2012.

In contrast, the current season hasn’t started as well as anyone would like.

Speaking on behalf of the Board, Derek Weir, who was instrumental in McCall’s appointment, said: “Everyone at Motherwell FC would like to sincerely thank Stuart for his contribution to the club, which will go down as one of the most successful managerial tenures in our 128-year history.

“We have been acutely aware of results this season, but everyone at Fir Park was confident in his, and the team’s, ability to turn things around.

“However, following a long conversation this afternoon, Stuart felt it better for all concerned if he stepped down with immediate effect and we respect that.

“Assistant manager Kenny Black will take charge of first-team team affairs in a caretaker role to allow the board to start the process of recruiting a new manager, which will begin right away.”

Sorry to see him go,given time i reckon he would have turned it round this season,but something has gone wrong this season and I suspect he had lost the dressing room. But he has probably been the best manager we have had in recent years, he gave us consecutive 2nd place finishes, a Scottish cup final and my personal highlight a place in the champions league. So he goes with my best wishes and thanks for a memorable few seasons as a well fan.

But onwards and upwards the board needs to get a replacement in asap and get the team motivated and playing again, there is still time for this to be another decent season.

Sadly he had to go.

This season's performances weren't acceptable and he's obviously looked at the upcoming fixtures and thought what everyone else was - that we were getting nothing out of them.

For me his time at the club was pretty mixed and quite extreme, some high highs but also some low lows.

Leitch shouldn't even be considered as anything other than an interim manager. We need a new broom to come in.

McCalls record with us , this season apart ,has been nothing short of miraculous.He was always loyal to the club and always done the best for us. Theres not many you can say that about in the modern game . Best of luck in the future Stuart

He leaves with his self-respect intact. I was happy to give him until the end of this month to turn things around - a chance he definitely earned - but fair play to the man.

Our most successful post war manager (in terms of the league) is going to be a tough act to follow; especially given the expectations of certain factions of our fans. I doubt we will see 2nd in the league again for quite some time.

For all who called for him to go.

Well done we've now got ourselves in a hugely worse position.

The players never wanted him to go and I suspect think KB is useless.

Well done.

While i agree with your sentiment entirely ...

Fuck the players , when they start performing folk will listen to what they have to say . I dont doubt that the media will be full of them this week giving it the old "we let him down , its our fault , we'll fight and turn this round" shite that they usually reserve for post cup exit interviews.

If any the wee sensitive souls are reading this - get the finger out , too many of you are stealing your wages.

• Like 4

1414966410[/url]' post='424242']

For all who called for him to go.

Well done we've now got ourselves in a hugely worse position.

The players never wanted him to go and I suspect think KB is useless.

Well done.

The fans who called for him to go only have the best interest of our club and want us to start winning games. They are not the ones who have been on the pitch this season. The only ones who put us in this position are the ones in the envious position of pulling on the jersey we love. If you want someone to blame best to look in their direction!

• Like 1

We will get another manager nobody expects and has a knowledge of the English game, that's where we have been most successful and will no doubt continue that trend.

Or our luck runs out. Our financial position is much tougher than when McGhee, Gannon, Brown or McCall took over so whoever the new gaffer is will have a big task ahead in both re-motivating the current team and moving us forward with less cash.

While i agree with your sentiment entirely ...

Fuck the players , when they start performing folk will listen to what they have to say . I dont doubt that the media will be full of them this week giving it the old "we let him down , its our fault , we'll fight and turn this round" shite that they usually reserve for post cup exit interviews.

If any the wee sensitive souls are reading this - get the finger out , too many of you are stealing your wages.

==================================================================================

Absolutely true also.