Stuart Mccall Has Resigned

David

For all who called for him to go.

Well done we've now got ourselves in a hugely worse position.

The players never wanted him to go and I suspect think KB is useless.

Well done.

Yes, those that thought his time was up frogmarched into his office this afternoon, penned a resignation letter, and forced his reluctant hand to sign it.

Jeezo. The guy at least had the integrity to realise that he'd perhaps done all he could with the club, and the time was right to go.

For all who called for him to go.

Well done we've now got ourselves in a hugely worse position.

The players never wanted him to go and I suspect think KB is useless.

Well done.

Are you serious?

He's walked away because he's realised what a fair few of us had a number of weeks ago - he's not up to the job of getting us out of our worst start to a season for nearly 30 years.

How much worse does it get than 4 points from 11 matches? Do you think if McCall thought we were going to start picking up points he would have binned it?

Personally thought it was time for a change but still sad to see him go non the less. He has been a great servant to the club and it will certainly be the highs he is remembered for over the lows. He obviously has the clubs best interest at heart and I can honesty say I would be happy to see him back again in a few years. I personally think he needs to get himself out there and try different leagues, systems, setups and after than he could become one if the best managers around. Good luck Stuart and thank you.

• Like 1

Comparison I'd make is putting down a dog. You knew it had to happen but you feel sad that it's come to this. Any manager who loses five games on the spin is lucky to keep his job.

Like others, I have nothing but respect for the job he's done. But I feel it is the right time for a change...

We have been awful since the season started no sense of change at any point whilst I appreciate the job he managed his time was clearly up. Not going to argue the toss but this seasons displays have been some of the worst I've seen in 50 years of supporting Motherwell,some of those wearing the jersey should be ashamed but the manager will always be the fall guy. Whilst Europe was great we haven't competed since wee Broon was in charge and as for the cups well least said. Stuart did a great job nothing will take that away from him now we need to look forward and hope whoever gets the job can turn it around.

Praise The Lord yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif. Best decision that McCall has made since he's been at Fir Park and I for one respect him for walking away instead of hanging out for a payoff. Over to you now Motherwell FC, make the right appointment.

Better decision than signing Higdon, Nicky Law or Ojaama? Really? Sad that even after his resignation, you can't give him any credit for three incredible seasons...

• Like 8

Well said melvin as ever some so called football fans know not a lot about the game. I hope i am wrong but I am sure in years to come all the smc haters will realise his time at the club was nothing short of miraculous. I do agree however that a change at this time will beneit us but lets all as motherwell fans appreciate what smc gave us. Thank you stuart mcall!!!!! Ps who would like paulo di canio? I think would be good if all forget his celtic past he has a point to prove.

A Scottish cup final, a 3rd place finish followed by two consecutive 2nd place finishes. What a fucking record and no matter what anyone says Stuart McCall can walk away with his head held high. Now was probably the right time and think McCall himself recognized that it was time for a change and a fresh approach.

Some horrible lows but some unbelievable highs during his time in charge and he helped assemble one of the best Motherwell sides I've had the pleasure of watching.

Thanks for everything Stuart, it's been a cracking 4 years to be a Motherwell fan.

• Like 3

Sad to see Stuart McCall go but given our recent results and total lack of form its probably for the best. I think it says a lot about his integrity that he walked rather than hang around for a pay off.

His record as Motherwell manager is unparalleled in my lifetime and he has given me many of my favourite Motherwell memories.

I wish him all the best for the future and hope that in the current financial climate we can attract another manager that can get us out of this mess.

All the best Stuart.

• Like 1

Praise The Lord yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif. Best decision that McCall has made since he's been at Fir Park and I for one respect him for walking away instead of hanging out for a payoff. Over to you now Motherwell FC, make the right appointment.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Never good when a manager goes, but the time was right. Personally I was never a huge fan of McCall but you cannot argue that in the league he achieved amazing results for a club of our size. I sincerely wish him all the best. One thing you could not fault him on is his honesty and this looks like an honest decision to go as he knows there is not much more for him to give.

Anyone who is celebrating this as a victory really needs to take a look at themselves!

Just seen his stats on SSN 43% win rate and won more than he's lost!

Thought personally he had till Christmas to get us some wins and the fact he's resigned speaks volumes of what's going on financially at the club and I respect him even more for not holding out for the pay-out!

Thanks for the 3 & half year roller coaster ride Stuart!

Some of those highs will live long in the memory!!!

The fans who called for him to go only have the best interest of our club and want us to start winning games. They are not the ones who have been on the pitch this season. The only ones who put us in this position are the ones in the envious position of pulling on the jersey we love. If you want someone to blame best to look in their direction!

Well said TAN. Some in the dressing room need to to pull the finger out