Stuart Mccall Has Resigned

David

Felt a bit sorry for him after the Rangers game. Think he knew the job wasn't his and it was all a bit desperate from him. Hope he gets something soon.

He did leave us in a mess, but I respect him for leaving and not just sticking it out until he got sacked.

No way would I want him back though. He had his time and it was a privilege to watch the Higdon, Faddy, Humph and Law team rip teams to shreds.

Even though he took us to 2nd that season?

Yep. Thought the way he handled the Albion game was an embarrassment to the club. I realise picking a full squad wouldn't have changed the end result, likely, but I thought it was highly unprofessional of him and unbecoming of a motherwell manager. That's the exact moment he lost me. Other folks will have different opinions of course. This is just mine.

• Like 3

And his signings over the last 2 seasons were beyond a joke. He may have had a decent strike rate with signings beforehand (first season excepted). But over the past 2 years most of the signings that were made were pure laziness.

• Like 1

The very fact that he has admitted that he downed tools last season (the video that weeyin references), is enough for me to say absolutely no way would I have him back. A crack at making the Top6, is about par for the course for a Motherwell manager, and him saying that he struggled to remain motivated says everything that we need to know, or some of us knew already.

He gave us some great memories over the three years or so that he was with us, but in the last 12-18 months, the football on show was ridiculously poor at times...the basic lack of preparation last pre-season, is the root cause of our Club almost being relegated, no pre-season friendlies, no left-midfield, not replacing Hutchison, the lazy signings of Wee Dan and Josh Law, no adequate back up at left-back, but umpteen shite right backs, his reluctance to play Erwin and Thomas...and who could forget the tactical masterstroke of shoving Fraser Kerr on at right-wing for the last 10minutes just about every week?

its strange to say it, given his overall record as Motherwell manager looks outstanding, but I dont actually think he is a good football manager.

The fact that we kept the vile h*n down with him in charge of them, made it all the sweeter, as he was responsible for us being there in the 1st place.

• Like 3

To come best of the rest outside the old firm for a Motherwell manager in one season is a great achievement. But to do it 3 times in a row, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say, it's world class management. I doubt it's something that will happen again in any of our lifetimes.

The Albion Rovers result was a disgrace and embarrassing. But these freak results do happen from time to time (man utd 0 - 4 MK Dons, Celtic 0 - 1 bottom of the first division Morton etc). I don't think it's fair to sack a manager or judge a manger on his time anywhere over one performance, especially when the league form was consistently excellent.

Had McCall been able to sign Pearson, McDonald and given the funds baraclough was in January would he have kept us up? Who knows, I would suspect yes though.

Having said all that he did fuck up big time in his last season, nobody can argue that. He's had his time. Did a great job on the whole, but I don't think we should ever employ him again because of the state he left us in.

I wish him well

• Like 1

Can't agree with you there Johnstone, he is mediocre at best. Looking decent in last seasons team, doesnt make him any good I'm afraid.

I'm not saying he is brilliant all I am saying is he has held down a regular place in an spl side and has improved as the season has the on. From where has came from it's not bad to be honest.

Aye he would have shat the bed. Would have been on the radio praising Rangers as a massive institution and us as the wee plucky team.

On the other hand Baraclough by the sounds of it showed the Motherwell boys a few videos of their recent games and said their shite and we should be papping them by at least 5 goals. Bing bang bosh.

To come best of the rest outside the old firm for a Motherwell manager in one season is a great achievement. But to do it 3 times in a row, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say, it's world class management.

:lol:

You certainly are exaggerating! World class management? Behave yourself.

No question, McCall done well. However, considering he made those achievements whilst having a substantial budget (by Motherwell standards) and doing it when the league was as poor as it probably ever has been (Rangers oot, Hearts/Hibs on their arse, Aberdeen only coming back last couple of years) means he doesn't quite reach "world class" level in my book.

substantial budget (by Motherwell standards).

McCalls budget was only slightly more than Jim Gannon and Craig Browns budget, and less than Mark McGhees. Hardly substantial.

Also worth noting that McCalls "substantial budget" in his three full seasons was less than Aberdeens, Dundee Utds and Hibs in all three, and less than Hearts in two out of three.

McCall was a good manager for us probably great , apart from the cups. He was very loyal to the club not leaving at the first opportunity. He signings were good and got the best out of most of them. All this even when his best players were sold or left every season. Last season it caught up with him but even then he was loyal and resigned without compo when it could have bust us. He obviously likes the club and always put us first . Some folk have short memories or even selective ones or just like a moan . McCall is a decent guy and we were fortunate to have him as a manager. Good luck to him in the future .

• Like 2

Why the debate he could not be bothered to try to build on another 2nd place finish, prepare a team properly, i.e do the job he was being paid for and when the going got tough he walked. Then he turns up at Ibrox relishing the chaĺlenge, full of enthusiasm trying to get the orcs back to the premiership thats when any sympathy i had for him went. So it was karma at the end of the season when we pumped them 6.1 and he got what he deserved. So he is an unemployed ex manager, who gives a feck, i know i dont.

• Like 3