The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

Butcher, relegated with hibs, and should have relegated us if it wasnt for falkirks stadium, adams, a moanimg shite, mcgoo walked out on us, broon did so as well and is director at aberdeen. All the names on mcbookie are lazy punts.

If you look at Mcghee, gannon, broon, mccall, none of them were active and in the frame in scotland when we got them. I would expect another surprising appointment.

From the other names flashed about on this thread, I would expect Coyle and Malky McKay to be pipe dreams, but if Malky was available and looking at it i would take him in a heart beat. Young, ambitious, forward thinking manager, talks very well, experience at a far higher level. Obviously he made some distasteful remarks a while back but everyone deserves a second chance.

Also, he has said very complimentary things about McCall and Motherwell in the last few years. Pipe dream i know, but would be a good appointment.

Really hope its not Derek Adams!!

Heard Flow on the radio and he gave nothing away at all. Threw in the line of us usually going left field and may be the same. Also said there were 10 applicants in by last night!

Not going to get too excited by that, I'd imagine that's pretty standard for any vacancy that pops up. Some agents will chuck their clients' names in the hats pretty much automatically as soon as they read about it on the interwebs.

Patrick kluivert was linked with the Ross county job,would he be interested.were getting hit with the usual pish and no one being mentioned really excites me except coyle but a cant see him taking the step down.

It would be a step up for Coyle as he is currently unemployed.

why are people even suggesting managers, who are under contract at other clubs?

Exactly. We can’t afford to pay compensation, so I very much doubt that a manager who is under contract to another club would be in the running for the job. Unemployed managers need only apply, unless your club doesn’t want financial compensation.

Exactly. We can't afford to pay compensation, so I very much doubt that a manager who is under contract to another club would be in the running for the job. Unemployed managers need only apply, unless your club doesn't want financial compensation.

Whilst I agree, discussing managers contracted to other clubs is crass, please stop peddling 'we can't afford to pay x,y & z' as it's a misnomer... Not that I suspect they will, if compensation is required to install the correct man for the job - the club will foot the bill.

Jimmy Calderwoodfacepalm.gif

Derek Adamsfacepalm.gif

Scott Leitchfacepalm.gif

Owen Coylelaugh1.gif

Malky Mackaylaugh1.gif

Terry Butcherfacepalm.gif

Tommy McLeanyahoo.gif

I tend to agree with all of your assessments there. McLean isn't as out of the loop as some would believe and he would make us difficult to beat and get us fit. Those two things would be a start...

Still not sure what the Tommy McLean theory is based on, especially as we need someone who can turn us around in a few weeks.

Presumably there's a reason the guy hasn't managed a team for 16 years, and regardless of whether it's through choice or circumstance, it sounds too big a risk to me. And I say that as someone who regards McLean as the best manager at Fir Park I have seen in my lifetime.

I would have been quite keen on Iain Murray from Dumbarton but assume he would be ruled out if we need to pay compensation. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Pressley or David Weir - think we'll be looking at cheap options who think they can work with the squad as we can't afford wholesale changes.

I would have been quite keen on Iain Murray from Dumbarton but assume he would be ruled out if we need to pay compensation. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Pressley or David Weir - think we'll be looking at cheap options who think they can work with the squad as we can't afford wholesale changes.

Pressley is doing well for Coventry I believe. No chance of him!

I have a mate who is a Palace fan. He says Dougie Freedman did a great job on a tight budget and brought lots of young players through. He credits him as being a significant influence in their rise to the Premiership. Sounds like the kinda guy we are looking for.

Ian Cathro at Valencia is quoted at 16/1 with McBookie. He said in a BBC article last month that he'd like to work in Britain and a club of our size might be up his street for his first managerial role.

Very highly rated for youth development and this is what the club needs to be concentrating on if we are to survive in the long term.

Pressley is still at Coventry, albeit his days may be numbered. Davie Weir will probably apply but not my cup of tea.

Coyle and McKinley would be high up my list of preferences but doubt either could be enticed. Iain Murray will possibly develop in a similar manner to Hartley and McNamara but not convinced we are the right club for him.

No idea really although I'd be happy with a sober George Burley.

In terms of left field, is Simo still managing in Finland? IIRC, Moyes brother was involved in our consideration for Stubbs last time and may be consulted again as he's done various bits and bobs for the club since.

Doubt it. If there are really new owners on the horizon (and I still have my doubts), I'm sure the board would be smart enough to at least discuss potential appointments with them. Otherwise, they would be adding guaranteed uncertainty and instability to the mix, which neither they nor the prospective owners would want.

Ian Cathro at Valencia is quoted at 16/1 with McBookie. He said in a BBC article last month that he'd like to work in Britain and a club of our size might be up his street for his first managerial role.

Very highly rated for youth development and this is what the club needs to be concentrating on if we are to survive in the long term.

If there was any possibility of this....move heaven and earth for it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29463560