The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

What about Houston at Falkirk? Similar sized budgets no doubt but we are in SPL. He brought youth through at Dundee Utd and has a good side at Falkirk.

No thanks. Heard from various folk around Dundee that he's little more than a bully.

Hoping for a left field appointment, fearing Adams.

Ian Cathro at Valencia is quoted at 16/1 with McBookie. He said in a BBC article last month that he'd like to work in Britain and a club of our size might be up his street for his first managerial role.

Very highly rated for youth development and this is what the club needs to be concentrating on if we are to survive in the long term.

If it was possible, this is the one I would go for.

I have been told that Adams handed in his Cv ;)

And to be honest, I would give him a chance, I remember how everything got mental here when McCall got the job and he appeared the worst choice EVER! Look how that turned out.

I think it's Adams job too lose...

I would rather have Nigel Farage than Derek Adams. dry.gif

• Like 1

don't no who we will end up with ,,, but his remit in the short term is to keep us up for the arrival of the ranjurs and hertz / hibs with more travelling fans and a league sponsor , so thei next 6 months is very very critical and we don't want to be doing a hibs ,,,,,,,, so consider ALL the applications THEN decide whos the best man ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but DO NOT PROMOTE FROM WITHIN ...

We'll certainly never get him if we don't ask

Oh I know that,I just mean the chances of him saying yes are remote Im sure.

He is the man who revamped the Utd youth system. And he is very highly rated with the Valencia boss,possibly an avenue to bring some loan stars lol. Would be too good to be true.

When Leitchy's name first appeared as a possible contender, I thought it might be a good shout, especially as he's been working with the youngsters.

However there were reports about his attitude to the players when assistant under McGoo both here and at Aberdeen, as a manager, what he might get away with as an assistant or even head of youth, he won't get away with as the manager. So he needs to realise that before making the step up.

Adams, obviously everyone here has their own opinion on him, I liked him when he was here as a player. He done a lot of the dirty work. I was even impressed with his first spell at Ross County, even admired him for having the gumption to jack in his assistant role at Hibs and return to Ross County. However, you then started to see a different side to him with arguments with various opposition coaches and rumours of disagreements with players, makes me think it's another to avoid.

As for who we could go for I have no sepcific names but he shouldn't be afraid to mix our youths in with the experienced guys, even in our predicament. Maybe give guys with knocks a chance to get over them properly and start getting them back to a proper fitness level, for that Black has to go.

He also needs to be able to make his own decisions on a the goalkeeper slot and not rely on Marshall's advice.

So a mix between Sir Alex, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Gannon and Jim Leishman should do it.

This is not the season to be relegated or end up in a play-off against either the buns or hertz and we are also without Leanne and the skill-set that she brought to the board when assessing possible candidates! Almost anyone from Scotland is a no-no and its going to be difficult to identify someone already out of work in the English lower leagues to repeat the type of kick-start we have seen with previous appointments!

Previously we have also been riding a high as new managers have come in with either qualification for Europe already on the cards or sitting high in the league so this is a tougher and different challenge as we face relegation, with a demoralised squad, out of one cup and a tough tie in the other, lack of board experience, about to report another significant yearly loss and ownership issues on the horizon!!

With all that in mind do we look to someone who could carry out some emergency surgery and get us to safety for this season and then look to appoint someone from the lower leagues either here or down south who could maybe bring some fresh blood and have the summer to get the squad ready. Might not be a popular option but I'd bring McGhee back for the rest of this season with the plan to achieve safety in the league and if we can negotiate a few rounds of the cup then that's a bonus but relegation this season may not see us immediately bounce back up and the financial implications associated with that could see the club implode!

Just a thought........