The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

Putting aside his playing days and ability to be the player every opposition fan loved to hate - his "clash" with Colin O'Neil still makes me smile - I wouldn't discount Peter Grant, from what I've heard he has a good reputation and is well thought of.

I'd imagine also that he would still have the same attitude to never giving up that he did as a player, which can only be a good thing.

Grant - No

Stark - No

Butcher - No

Lennon - God No

Adams - No

Calderwood - No

Leitch - No

Adams - No

These guys are NOT what we need! We need someone to inject life and stimulate the entire club. These guys are too "establishment", we need new ideas, outlooks and approaches.

• Like 1

Re josh Law, hopefully everyone gets a chance to see what they can do under new management

There are a few , I don't rate too highly e.g Carswell, Kerr, but they are young guys and like Law deserve the chance to show what they can or can't do

This is wild and crazy but maybe the new manager, who ever he is, will play Josh Law at right back.

I didn't fancy MCCall at first cos of the old form old boys thing, and he won me round quickly, so I should be more objective when I hear Peter Grants name.........but I think he is too Much associated with Celtic.You need someone who us going to have best interests of Mfc at heart , not banging on about the old times with Celtic, which when I have heard him on the radio,he is prone to do.

It might be the ex Led Zeppelin manager Peter Grant they are referring to tho, might be a good shout......

Not really been paying much attention to the rumours simply because the last few managers have came from nowhere so no point in trying to guess names. All I would say is we need someone who can get this bunch of players playing again. Forget the manager, if the players dont get the finger out then we will go down simple as that, doesn't matter who we get to take charge. We need someone who can somehow get us up to at least 10th place and that looks like one almighty challenge for someone at the moment.

Grant - No

Stark - No

Butcher - No

Lennon - God No

Adams - No

Calderwood - No

Leitch - No

Adams - No

These guys are NOT what we need! We need someone to inject life and stimulate the entire club. These guys are too "establishment", we need new ideas, outlooks and approaches.

Too early for John Kennedy?

Has some rapport with the players and Alan Burrows from the 'Obertraun' preseason camp, and has progressed from Scout to Under 20s coach with Celtic. Pull in a older head like Willie McStay as assistant, could work in my opinion.

The state we are in, we need someone who has a few years management experience under their belt. It would be great if we had the luxury of time to allow a new boss with new ideas take over, but whoever comes in needs to stop the rot first.

• Like 1

Too early for John Kennedy?

Has some rapport with the players and Alan Burrows from the 'Obertraun' preseason camp, and has progressed from Scout to Under 20s coach with Celtic. Pull in a older head like Willie McStay as assistant, could work in my opinion.

are you getting motherwell mixed up with blantyre celtic?

• Like 3

If we were appointing in the close season I would think we might be changing our aim slightly. The fact is, we need someone to make a difference now rather than bring in someone relatively untested who would need time to put his own theories/regime into place.

As I've said before, an old head for the rest of the season to steady the ship, with a younger number two who could take over next Summer might be the way forward.

If we were appointing in the close season I would think we might be changing our aim slightly. The fact is, we need someone to make a difference now rather than bring in someone relatively untested who would need time to put his own theories/regime into place.

As I've said before, an old head for the rest of the season to steady the ship, with a younger number two who could take over next Summer might be the way forward.

I accept he wouldn't be a popular choice but this is exactly why i think we need someone like McGhee til the end of the season and then bring in someone new to support a long term strategy!!

I accept he wouldn't be a popular choice but this is exactly why i think we need someone like McGhee til the end of the season and then bring in someone new to support a long term strategy!!

I'm not sure. Look at how much work McGhee had to put in with the squad over the close season in order to get them into shape - remember this was largely the same squad as the Malpas 'experiment'.

I'd probably go for Butcher until the end of the season, if nothing else for his motivational qualities.

True, although he did reasonably well at a time when we had bugger all resources (likewise at ICT I suppose too). I'm not saying he's some tactical genius, but might be the one to instil a bit of much-needed passion in the squad.

If you ignore the fact we were lucky not to be relegated when he was in charge, then Aye.

Butcher had the personality to get us through the early stages of our administration and recovery. We did end up bottom in 2003 though, and dead lucky not to be relegated.

After that, we made it in to the top 6 a couple of times, but he seemed incapable of winning games after the split. That, plus his time at Hibs puts him in the "Thanks for earlier, but no thanks for now" camp.