The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

Believe he said "it's not the sort of job I'd be interested in".

Thought it sounded wee bit dismissive.

I thought it made him sound like a prick to be honest. He could easily have said the bog standard answer we come to expect, something like "there's a lot of suitable candidates in for the job, and Motherwell is a great place to ply your trade" and so.

Fuck Coyle. He's probably still lusting after the Celtic job.

Sorry but the folk on here looking for ex-Well player combinations as manager(s) need to get out of fantasy land, that is the quickest route to relegation and financial disaster. A proven, roll up the sleeves, no nonsense manager is what's needed right now. Get a grip of that dressing room. There are experienced professionals who need sorted out. IF they can provide a performance like the last game then where the hell were they all season. Funny how when players are under pressure and they don't want to lose their comfortable contracts under a new manager they then up their game. These players are supposed professionals. Time to get the right man in and lay down the law.If they can roll up the sleeves like they done against united they should be ashamed of themselves that they couldn't so it under McCall. First time I have felt such animosity towards our players.They always seemed to have a decent work ethic but the last wee while they have in my mind been very poor in effort and professionalism

This is why I think we need McGhee back or someone like him contracted until the end of the season! Then we can gamble on some leftfield appointment who has the whole summer to plan for next season....

This is why I think we need McGhee back or someone like him contracted until the end of the season! Then we can gamble on some leftfield appointment who has the whole summer to plan for next season....

There are also a number of folk out there who have all of those qualities and Motherwell in their past...

The two things don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I don't recall saying they had to be but who do you have in mind?

I was agreeing with your point, not contradicting it....

Not that I think there's any chance of them touching the job, but guys like Owen Coyle, Billy Davies and George Burley all fit the criteria outlined and used to wear the claret and amber...

Not that I think there's any chance of them touching the job, but guys like Owen Coyle, Billy Davies and George Burley all fit the criteria outlined and used to wear the claret and amber...

I agree my reference was to the guys looking for Faddy, Scott Leitch etc

Yep my fault for reading too quickly on a small screen and I agree that all three (and the soon to be available Lambert) fit the criteria but then again all three are probably unrealistic due to salary expectations and have they really got the experience needed to work within our current financial constraints and get us out of the hole we are in! Then you have the others as mentioned by Well Well who are probably affordable but definitely don't have the experience or the gravitas to deal with a bunch of under performing professionals..

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but Paul Hartley was also at Fir Park on Friday?

He stays less than 15 mins away and I'm sure another Dundee Derby is on the horizon shortly so probably taking the opportunity to watch 2 of his rivals on his doorstep. Nothing more in it than that. Hartley is likely to go on to better things than Motherwell when he leaves Dundee