The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

Probably been mentioned but from BBC website , Flow says

"We spoke to two people [on Friday] and both interviews were absolutely excellent, very encouraging. If nothing happened on Monday, we'd still feel confident we could have at least a decision between two so that's how good it was. '' (supposedly Butcher and Van der Gaag)

Probably been mentioned but from BBC website , Flow says

"We spoke to two people [on Friday] and both interviews were absolutely excellent, very encouraging. If nothing happened on Monday, we'd still feel confident we could have at least a decision between two so that's how good it was. '' (supposedly Butcher and Van der Gaag)

Maaskant and Van der Gaag was it not? (Clutching at straws!)

Strikes me that a few folk on here seem to be taking the Walter Smith approach to signing players when it comes to our new manager. Foreign=Better.

There's always two sides to every story but that Wiki excerpt makes Maaskaant sound like Gannon Mk 2. Is that what we need right now? Maybe next summer, but not now.

Van der Gaag seems to have a better track record but lack of familiarity with the SPL could be an issue as we want a manager who knows exactly what kind of opposition he's facing in the next few crucial games.

Shiels and Butcher, you know what you get with them. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

Freedman, must confess that beyond knowing he did well at Palace and poorly at Bolton, I know nothing about. Before counting him out due to his record at Bolton, we have to remember that McCall had a poor record prior to coming to Fir Park.

It's a pretty diverse list anyway. Who the board picks might be a fair indication of which way they want the club to develop. Freedman and Butcher might indicate a continuation of the policy of trying to find players in the English lower leagues. Shiels probably indicates a greater emphasis on youth. Either of the Dutch guys, more continental approach..? Massive appointment for the club to get right not just for the next few games but for the next few seasons...

Getting to point im not arsed who we get from that list going about apart from black as long as we get someone in to start actually training the players to get them looking like players again, didn't think the McColl signing was a good one but proved well wrong there same with even McGhee but again proved wrong so I'm sure the board will get it right again

Strikes me that a few folk on here seem to be taking the Walter Smith approach to signing players when it comes to our new manager. Foreign=Better.

There's always two sides to every story but that Wiki excerpt makes Maaskaant sound like Gannon Mk 2. Is that what we need right now? Maybe next summer, but not now.

Van der Gaag seems to have a better track record but lack of familiarity with the SPL could be an issue as we want a manager who knows exactly what kind of opposition he's facing in the next few crucial games.

Shiels and Butcher, you know what you get with them. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

Freedman, must confess that beyond knowing he did well at Palace and poorly at Bolton, I know nothing about. Before counting him out due to his record at Bolton, we have to remember that McCall had a poor record prior to coming to Fir Park.

It's a pretty diverse list anyway. Who the board picks might be a fair indication of which way they want the club to develop. Freedman and Butcher might indicate a continuation of the policy of trying to find players in the English lower leagues. Shiels probably indicates a greater emphasis on youth. Either of the Dutch guys, more continental approach..? Massive appointment for the club to get right not just for the next few games but for the next few seasons...

Has Freedman been interviewed? I've scrolled back a few pages and cant see mention of him. Id be quite happy with that although Van der Gaag is somewhat intriguing. Either could totally blow up in our face of course!

The BBC have just rehashed their Butcher piece to include Baraclough's name although without any quotes, sources or any real details other than ex-Sligo and Scunthorpe. Very lazy journalism.

The BBC have just rehashed their Butcher piece to include Baraclough's name although without any quotes, sources or any real details other than ex-Sligo and Scunthorpe. Very lazy journalism.

It's common practice on news web-sites to update a story already posted with new information, if it is related and continually moving, rather than posting a brand new one. Keep's it all on one place - seems sensible to me.

There are no quotes/sources/real details out there at all on nams so none of the news sites are reporting anything other than hearsay, betting form or inside info.

Hibs were 7th when he took over and Hearts were pretty much guaranteed to go down. With the resources available, he should have been able to keep them up.

When he took us over, albeit in difficult circumstances, we finished bottom too. Moreover, the football wasn't exactly nice to watch.

I have no argument with everything he did for us during a difficult time, but the club has moved on since then and we need new ideas, not old ones.

• Like 3

Terry Butcher for me.

I feel we need a big personality to come in and shake the whole place up.

I know there are questions re his time at Hivs but imho Jose Mourinho couldn't have saved that team.

Butcher has the presence and stature to get the team fit and playing as a unit.

Wouldn't be too unhappy with that if he brought the guy he uses to scout, (Marsella?) with him if he's available and DOESN'T bring Malpas.

Terry Butcher for me.

I feel we need a big personality to come in and shake the whole place up.

I know there are questions re his time at Hivs but imho Jose Mourinho couldn't have saved that team.

Butcher has the presence and stature to get the team fit and playing as a unit.

Are you playing cliché bingo?

• Like 4