The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

I know I'm clutching at straws but there was probably more money going on VDG at the time than anybody else. If it was going to be anybody else they'd keep taking the money right?

Not really, no. The bookies don't have a hotline to MFC. If they knew that someone else was getting the gig, then said someone else would have favourite odds. What they will be doing is responding to a tip, or responding to punters piling onto Van Der Gaag lastnight.

Aye, looks like McBookie/BetVictor have re-opened. I would imagine the money being piled on last night after Rab McKinnon announced it automatically triggered a review. All the bookies are linked so thats why Paddypower suspended at the same time.

It wasnt money being piled on that caused a review and market to close...a few thousand pound or so at evens wouldn't give any bookie a sweat. Wise up!

The traders who would be assigned to monitor the 'motherwell manager market' would have been finishing shift, and not exactly a market for any bookie to prioritise resource on through the night.

Re-opened this morning when trading team assigned that market (along with thousands of others in the category) are back in to monitor.

• Like 1

It wasnt money being piled on that caused a review and market to close...a few thousand pound or so at evens wouldn't give any bookie a sweat. Wise up!

The traders who would be assigned to monitor the 'motherwell manager market' would have been finishing shift, and not exactly a market for any bookie to prioritise resource on through the night.

Re-opened this morning when trading team assigned that market (along with thousands of others in the category) are back in to monitor.

Doubt it but fair enough. Mon the Mitch!

Exciting this innit?! Would be good if they just rolled out the new manager at the press conference in 15 mins.

A few TV vans outside FP just now.. can't recall seeing many there for previous pressers.

Official Twitter also confirmed in reply to eddiemunster they're hoping to make an announcement today (not directly referencing manager or ownership..)

Did it aye? You seem to like presenting speculation as fact

A few TV vans outside FP just now.. can't recall seeing many there for previous pressers.

Official Twitter also confirmed in reply to eddiemunster they're hoping to make an announcement today (not directly referencing manager or ownership..)

Hopefully a double announcement about ownership and manager.

I was convinced last night that VDG was nailed on, not sure now. Could go either way with him or Baraclough.

Both pretty similar. Decent track record, neither have managed in Scotland, both have worked with small budgets.

Other than the fact that Van der Gaag played for us, pretty evenly matched candidates...

Feel like a kid at christmas waiting to hear news.hopefully we are not disappointed in who the club choose.

However the new manager is is the new manager.

I don't have a favourite and I trust the club, with much more information than I have, to make the best choice.

I just want it sorted out so we can try and move forward.