The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

If McCall get the rancid job we could have lost out or a few hundred thousand on comp.

I don't think Rangers can afford compo!

That's why Ally has lasted this long, they couldn't afford to sack him, and they still can't afford to sack his sidekicks.

If be willing to bet that the next Rangers Manager will be a former Motherwell manger. McCall, butcher and Davies early favourites.

I don't think Rangers can afford compo!

That's why Ally has lasted this long, they couldn't afford to sack him, and they still can't afford to sack his sidekicks.

If be willing to bet that the next Rangers Manager will be a former Motherwell manger. McCall, butcher and Davies early favourites.

Good chance, unless Ashley has other candidates in mind.

I understand I'm going to get pelters for this however it needs to be said...The communication from the club is rank rotten. Surely fan ownership - or the move towards it should be increasing transparency, however if anything it's getting worse. I'm not suggesting they should be announcing who the manager will be before everything is signed, however it should certainly be he case that the club and or well society should be updating supporters in regards to the progression or events, ie. What is required, target timelines etc. the club did state it was looking to have someone in place pre-Ross county however as that looks increasingly unlikely, the lack of news will not make many encouraged to contribute to the well society in the future.

As far as silence goes, as far as I can tell we can't announce anything until the paperwork is finalized on ownership, and that has been made clear, just like the request for confidentiality from the new backers. I don't know what else could be done to make us all feel better, some things just take time and I'd rather we did it this way than make an announcement and have to take it back. We don't normally change ownership and manager at the same time, so there's no real timeline for this.

If the bookies are anything to go by we've had 5 managers in the last week.

Irony being that we probably won't have a manager this side of Christmas now. I appreciate that the ownership issue has delayed things but an equally large threat to our future is relegation, and this continued uncertainty isn't helping the fans or the players.

We now go into a massive game with a manager that knows he won't get the job and players also knowing this. Not an ideal situation.

I'm all for taking our time and getting the right man but as fans we're entitled to ask how long does that take?

I understand I'm going to get pelters for this however it needs to be said...The communication from the club is rank rotten. Surely fan ownership - or the move towards it should be increasing transparency, however if anything it's getting worse. I'm not suggesting they should be announcing who the manager will be before everything is signed, however it should certainly be he case that the club and or well society should be updating supporters in regards to the progression or events, ie. What is required, target timelines etc. the club did state it was looking to have someone in place pre-Ross county however as that looks increasingly unlikely, the lack of news will not make many encouraged to contribute to the well society in the future.

You're absolutely right of course but will no doubt be accused of being a "pant wetter" and other such shite patter.

Nearly 6 weeks since McCall resigned...

I fear there's been a fuck up/issue behind the scenes now and the preferred appointment is now in doubt.

Irony being that we probably won't have a manager this side of Christmas now. I appreciate that the ownership issue has delayed things but an equally large threat to our future is relegation, and this continued uncertainty isn't helping the fans or the players.

We now go into a massive game with a manager that knows he won't get the job and players also knowing this. Not an ideal situation.

I'm all for taking our time and getting the right man but as fans we're entitled to ask how long does that take?

I am anticipating we announce both the Well Society/Les Hutchison takeover and the new manager at the same time. Whether that is today, or tomorrow or Monday I am not sure....but I do think it will be sooner rather than later now.

Why? The papers story that an agreement in principle for the takeover was signed yesterday and it just needs Hutchison's signature as well to go through. Also, the official twitter replying to someone saying they were hoping to announce 'something' today.

You're absolutely right of course but will no doubt be accused of being a "pant wetter" and other such shite patter.

Nearly 6 weeks since McCall resigned...

I fear there's been a fuck up/issue behind the scenes now and the preferred appointment is now in doubt.

I'm pretty confident that fear is misplaced. The timing of the resignation and takeover talks wasn't ideal, but there isn't anything unusual about any significant business transaction taking a few months, never mind six weeks. It's not like buying a poke of chips.

As for the manager, it seems like we followed our usual process of getting a shortlist of 5 or 6, choosing the best fit and not responding to any of the pointless media speculation which has, as always, proved to be wide of the mark on a daily basis. If the new manager had been chosen before the takeover was in place then everyone on here would be moaning about how stupid the Board was for setting up a manager to be sacked by the new owner.

We have been pretty savvy about filling the manager vacancy in the past, and while past performance is no guarantee fo future success, it's at least an indicator.

• Like 1

I'm sure whoever our future manager is, even if it's not been announced by tomorrow will be in the ground watching the game. Therefore a player who wants to stay and remain in the first team squad will try and impress and should be complete motivated.