The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

As the titlle says, not sure who I want but here are some names that I suspect we will hear will be,

Owen Coyle - probably thinks we are to small a team for him and if he got the job would not stick around

Mark McGhee - would he want it and would we want him?

Gary McAllister - cant see it but did he not apply last time?

Scott Lietch - has only been a manager at Ross County and assistant here and at Aberdeen.

Coyle may be a shout from a shop window point of view, but I think he may be a bit big for it now. McGhee is an absolute no - the stick he got after leaving us for Aberdeen burnt any bridges that may have existed (although FWIW I think he wouldn't be a terrible shout, if only in the short term).

As I said on one of the other threads, we have a knack of appointing folk from out of nowhere, and ideally that would continue. Although I'm not sure we have the luxury of time here - we need someone to come in and stop the rot, and get us a few places up the league. It may be a shout to get an older hand in with a younger assistant, with a view to 'grooming' them for the job next year.

Whatever happens, it's clear that fundamental change is needed at most, if not all levels of the club, and I just hope that the club realises this as an opportunity to do what's required. I really fear for us if we simply decided to promote from within. The current squad has more than enough about it to be finishing at least 7th or 8th, but we need to get things right quickly to have any chance of doing something worthwhile this season.

Top six would be a phenomenal achievement, but at the moment I'd settle for tenth.

Not really much around Scotland at the moment.

For me the only real shout would be Ian Murray but I don't think he'd be the right fit. He's worked wonders at Dumbarton but I'd like to see someone who has a stronger youth background and Murray's success, as far as I can see, has been based on gathering together a team of old pros.

I'm sure CV's are being faxed in as we speak so I'd be happy just to sit back and see what comes in for the time being.

I'm not overly keen on anyone on the Scottish scene so let's just see who's interest down south or further afield.

Barry Ferguson

with Boab Malcolm as assistant,

titter ye not, all over social meda that they are failing miserably, long term fans walking away from abuse, and parents withdrawing kids from youths.

cracking example of you get what you pay for,

Billy McKinlay! Very highly thought off..... Could do a job! Good connections in the youth set ups down south.

Stevie Clarke too big for the job now? Looking for a route back in but too far gone from Scottish fitba?

Malky Mackay to resurrect his career after his recent scandals?

Davie Weir??? Hmmm not sure but available and trying to get back into the game seemingly.

Billy McKinlay! Very highly thought off..... Could do a job! Good connections in the youth set ups down south.

Stevie Clarke too big for the job now? Looking for a route back in but too far gone from Scottish fitba?

Malky Mackay to resurrect his career after his recent scandals?

Davie Weir??? Hmmm not sure but available and trying to get back into the game seemingly.

Billy McKinlay doesn't have a lot of experience as a manager. Think we might be looking for someone a bit more seasoned considering our predicament.

The others wouldn't be interested and I wouldn't want Mackay anyway.

Locke - no. di Canio - NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

Odds from McBookie...

3/1 Derek Adams 4/1 Terry Butcher 6/1 Owen Coyle 6/1 Ian Murray 7/1 Gary Locke 12/1 Jimmy Calderwood 12/1 Craig Brown 16/1 Steven Pressley 16/1 Malky Mackay 20/1 Gary McAllister 25/1 Dougie Freedman 25/1 Alex McLeish...

Some of them just fantasy however the odds on Owen Coyle rather short, are they no'?

Adams? Naw.

Tel? Naw, yer awright.

Calderwood. Hell naw

Elvis. Mibbees

McLeish. Aye

MacKay. Aye