The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

It strikes me that unlike the last two times we have been looking for a manager to further improve us when the club was being relativly successful, this time we are looking for someone to pull our arse out of the fire. Does that mean we look for someone who's been there before or do we continue with our previous type of suprise managers?

As the titlle says, not sure who I want but here are some names that I suspect we will hear will be,

Owen Coyle - probably thinks we are to small a team for him and if he got the job would not stick around

Mark McGhee - would he want it and would we want him?

Gary McAllister - cant see it but did he not apply last time?

Scott Lietch - has only been a manager at Ross County and assistant here and at Aberdeen.

McAllister was interested, but reportedly pulled out because he didn't think he could work under such tight financial constraints. If that's true, even less chance he'd be interested now.

Would be happy to see him pull on a jersey and play in midfield though.

Somebody of the names being listed by the bookies are just daft. Brown? McGhee? After walking out on us? Butcher? After getting Hibs relegated? Doyle? On what we can afford to pay? Just seems crazy.Hope we get someone who can get the players fit and organised. That would be a good start. None of the internal options really inspire.

The logical choice IMO would be Coyle ...but then again , when does logic ever come into picking a new manager ...

Only other thing I would say is that if Adams gets the job , we really are goosed .

We will look back in 5 -10 years time and realise the job SMC did for us .

We will look back in 5 -10 years time and realise the job SMC did for us .

I personally think we'll be looking back thinking we missed a chance to win a cup when the old firm, Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs were at historically weak levels.

Compare the squad McCall took over to the one he has left us. Think about getting knocked of Europe by part timers and all our domestic cup embarassments. We are in danger of being relegated out the weakest top flight in Scottish football history, that doesn't scream great job at me.

• Like 1

Saw this on the BBC Story of McCall leaving.

"McCall is the second Premiership manager to depart this season afterRoss County sacked Derek Adams in August.Adams, a former Motherwell player, told BBC Scotland's Sportscene programme: "Nobody could have done any better than Stuart McCall has done at that football club."

Asked if the position interested him, Adams said: "It's a job that a lot of people would be interested in.""

I read that as if he doesn't like the club much so why ask if he'd be interested.

I'm firmly in the "anyone other than Adams (or Calderwood if he is even mentioned)". Less about the name, more about the fit. Has to tick three boxes for me, good rapport with players, good on training field and good with youngsters. Also be good if they are tried and tested and not a rookie.

Both McGhee and Butcher tick that box, as does Tommy McLean, but would rather have someone new to the club.

And agree with others though, it really shouldn't be an internal appointment.

Heard Flow on the radio and he gave nothing away at all. Threw in the line of us usually going left field and may be the same. Also said there were 10 applicants in by last night!

For me needs to be someone Scottish based and not having to travel up and down the road. I'd like McKinlay but with our aging squad it might need someone with much more experience to clear the deadwood and then someone younger to bring through the youth.