The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

So you are actually accusing him of match fixing?

You really do take grudges to a whole new level....

i think that in his time here there were games he was more bothered about winning than others.

kuban and st johnstone away last season were games where we clearly weren't that bothered about winning. subbing on omar daley for a final run out in may 2013 was a mystifying decision. regarding the rangers game in 2011 i think that if the opposition had been different mccall wouldn't have left us wide open as he did that day.

yabba a while ago implied we purposely lost to hearts on the last day in 95 because we wanted the away crowds. i imagine if you are involved in the game priorities might get mixed up.

i think that in his time here there were games he was more bothered about winning than others.

kuban and st johnstone away last season were games where we clearly weren't that bothered about winning. subbing on omar daley for a final run out in may 2013 was a mystifying decision. regarding the rangers game in 2011 i think that if the opposition had been different mccall wouldn't have left us wide open as he did that day.

yabba a while ago implied we purposely lost to hearts on the last day in 95 because we wanted the away crowds. i imagine if you are involved in the game priorities might get mixed up.

Your paranoia and random pish really is reaching new levels now, i suppose you will be telling us now that McHugh for missing the pen in Kuban and Nielsen for making a James hunt of it in Perth are all in on the conspiracy as well. :doh:

we just got rid of a manager who sent a team out to get gubbed by rangers to help his mate's goal difference a few years ago.

it would be nice to have someone who wasn't in thrall to either side of the old firm and they don't come much more old firm minded than peter grant.

My trollometer just exploded.

• Like 2

My trollometer just exploded.

i genuinely believe that mccall was quite happy to see us lose 5,6 or 7 that day and i'm certain i said so at the time.

the decisions he made in the dug out such as leaving two up front for the 90 minutes and not taking off a knackered steve jones who was making no effort to track back are baffling in any other context.

i genuinely believe that mccall was quite happy to see us lose 5,6 or 7 that day and i'm certain i said so at the time.

the decisions he made in the dug out such as leaving two up front for the 90 minutes and not taking off a knackered steve jones who was making no effort to track back are baffling in any other context.

A manager leaving 2 men up front in a game he was behind in? Try and win the game by staying attacking, or make no attempt to score a goal that would get his team back in it?

Your attempts to shoehorn situations to fit your anti-McCall agenda has gone long past boring now... He's gone, you and your boo boys won, you can stop making up "facts" to suit your agenda now.

• Like 3

Anyway, if we appoint a manager who can take us forward and maintain our top flight status then he'll be the right man. Regardless of which team he played for in the past, whether he's employed by the club just now or hasn't done too well elsewhere - it's what he does once appointed that he should be judged on and nothing else.

• Like 1

Derek Weir announced Peter Grant as the new Motherwell manager today, "We've decided that Rangers have had it way too easy since January 2011 when Stuart was appointed. We as a club only pander to the whims of the Old Firm and with it looking like Rangers getting promotion we thought Peter would be the perfect character to take us to Parkhead and lie down for a few seasons, of course we asked Peter Lawwell for his permission and have to get over the issue of the 11 players on the park being unprofessional and going along with his wishes, but nothing a waggy finger and a stern talking to won't will sort out............"

• Like 3

While I don't think McCall set us up to lose against Rangers -because I'm not a lunatic- but appearing in a Rangers legends' match while at us was an absolute joke.

Did he play? I could be wrong about this but I seem to remember he was scheduled to play and then at the last minute pulled out? Probably after noting what the reaction would be amongst our support?

I could be entirely wrong about this.

While I don't think McCall set us up to lose against Rangers -because I'm not a lunatic- but appearing in a Rangers legends' match while at us was an absolute joke.

Genuine question, if it was a Partick Thistle legends' match, would you be as bothered by it?

we just got rid of a manager who sent a team out to get gubbed by rangers to help his mate's goal difference a few years ago.

it would be nice to have someone who wasn't in thrall to either side of the old firm and they don't come much more old firm minded than peter grant.

What a fuckin idiotic post.

But he is a Rangers legend. So it sticks in your throat a bit , but it's simply an ex-player reliving some of his playing days and prob raising some money for charity. Nothing wring with that IMHO

Genuine question, if it was a Partick Thistle legends' match, would you be as bothered by it?

No, I wouldn't because I don't hate Partick Thistle with a passion, but I would still be annoyed at the principle of it- just not to the same degree because of personal experience.