The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

Anyone who gets there knickers in a twist over our manager playing in a legends game which I presume was for charity needs to get a grip!

Exactly and anyone who thinks otherwise is no better than the zombies that support one of the uglies as we are starting to sound just like them facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Tom Boyd pulling on a Motherwell shirt while at Celtic?

I think Tom Boyd would rather pull on that metal thing the albino monk in The Da Vinci code wore under his habit than the C&A again.

Ian Cathro .... interesting one there - exposure to the Spanish market, if leaves on good terms maybe blood a lot of their young players on loan deals (I"m sure Gattuso doesn't regret his time in Scotland and what it did for his career), continental work ethic and fitness regime, could have legs.

JFH ..... Does he still have star power to attract people? Brought up in the Dutch system and it's proven to work well.

JFH ..... Does he still have star power to attract people? Brought up in the Dutch system and it's proven to work well.

I don't disagree about the Dutch system, but any manager that has tried anything as progressive as that has been rejected by the Scottish pros. John Collins springs to mind.

I don't disagree about the Dutch system, but any manager that has tried anything as progressive as that has been rejected by the Scottish pros. John Collins springs to mind.

Agree completely with that, its as if they have no desire to better themselves.

John Collins wanted to implement a 9-5 culture, diet, tactics, fitness and conditioning.

Scottish pro's want to go to Nando's, play snooker and hit Willie Hill's sadly. Kinda why I'm happy one of the countries best prospects in Ryan Gauld has got out of it here and is off to Portugal.

I think young guys would be a little receptive but the older guys would get annoyed it eats into their FIFA time.

• Like 1

BBC Gossip saying Steve Lomas has applied and Kenny Black hasn't applied yet, he also is feeling the loss of McCall.

Steve Lomas has revealed he has put himself in the frame for the Motherwell manager's job after Stuart McCall stepped down. (Daily Record)

Motherwell caretaker manager Kenny Black says not having McCall around is like losing a limb. (The Sun)

Black also insists he could still apply for the vacant position and will decide after Friday's league encounter with Dundee United. (Express)

The Lomas Story from the Record

Motherwell manager hunt: Steve Lomas joins race for the Fir Park hotseat

Nov 07, 2014 08:01 By Gavin Berry

FORMER St Johnstone boss Lomas revealed he has put his CV in for the vacant position with the Steelmen as he looks to secure a return north after an unsuccessful spell at Millwall.

STEVE LOMAS last night revealed he has joined the race to succeed Stuart McCall at Motherwell .

The Northern Irishman guided St Johnstone to their highest-ever top-flight finish when he led them to third place two seasons ago.

Lomas’s success in his two years at McDiarmid Park earned him a move to the English Championship with Millwall. But the former West Ham United and Northern Ireland international lasted just six months at the Lions with five wins in 22 games.

Lomas has since been out of work and spent time with countryman Brendan Rodgers earlier this year after the Liverpool boss invited him to Anfield.

The 40-year-old told Record Sport: “I’ve put my CV in and we’ll see where it goes. I’m sure there will be a lot of good candidates who are out of work.

“Motherwell’s a good club and Stuart did a great job there. It’s a surprise he’s left but he had four good years and maybe feels it’s time for a change.

“People like to knock Scottish football but I’ve always been a campaigner for it. There’s a lot of good points about Scottish football despite people going on the negative a lot of the time.”

Black also insists he could still apply for the vacant position and will decide after Friday's league encounter with Dundee United. (Express)

This is never a good thing to do because if we get a lucky win (which we are surely due) he suddenly becomes a serious contender for the job and from a Club perspective he is the cheapest option and then they combine that with Las stepping up into an assistants role to soften the blow and sell it to the fans!

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink shorter odds than Leitch, Butcher and Locke. Progress.

Simo 18/1.

When Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is on MotD he looks completely mindless and all the words coming out his mouth are being coached to him through his ear piece.

Might be a bit unfair but doesn't exactly inspire confidence unless it's a managerial genius that's remote controlling him.

His record in coaching/management doesn't really stand out either.

Ally McCoist is on the McBookie's list at 33/1 which completely invalidates the credibility of the whole thing.

I remember getting a "tip" a few years ago, and was betting on the next Newcastle manager. Ant and dec were 1000/1, jimmy 5 bellies 750/1 and jimmy nail was 500/1. Presumably jimmy nail was twice as likely as he was apparently a decent player

This is never a good thing to do because if we get a lucky win (which we are surely due) he suddenly becomes a serious contender for the job

Not so confident we are due anything? We've been on bad runs before where you expect us to click and give someone a doing, which often happens. However our recent form hasn't pointed to this at all.

(Although admittedly the save just before the equaliser at st Johnstone was the turning point in that game, at 2-0 just before halftime, we should've gone on to win. It was a better performance too.)

Not so confident we are due anything? We've been on bad runs before where you expect us to click and give someone a doing, which often happens. However our recent form hasn't pointed to this at all.

(Although admittedly the save just before the equaliser at st Johnstone was the turning point in that game, at 2-0 just before halftime, we should've gone on to win. It was a better performance too.)

Im not confident about tonight either but i dont think we are as bad as you make out. A slip on the grass caused us to lose the last two games. If things were going for us we were due a draw minimum in both. I would suggest we were probably the better team in both games.

We certainly were not setting the heather alight, and didnt look like destroying anyone but im not convinced our form is too far away

Bogarde once famously said "This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care"