The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

Well lets look at the positives, Billy Davies .... been around the block, done pretty well some places, average to poor elsewhere, there's a lot of that though. Maybe he could bring best mate Tommy Sheridan with him to fill the vacant Media role, Tommy does like a wee chat and can spin things positively.

Burrows sounds like Dempster? .... Did he say he fancied birds? If so .... identical.

As for Kenny Black, his change in formation to combat what Utd put up tonight maybe shows he was overruled by McCall, maybe we are being a little unfair of him because he was part of the malaise of the past few months.

or maybe he was the one that was responsible for the team not being fully fit for the last two seasons

Not sure if it means anything at all, but I sat very close to Nolberto Solano (ex Newcastle, villa and Peru) in the main stand last night. He was there with around 8 other Hispanic / South American guys - they wiere sitting with Motherwell team lines going through players etc. could be useless info. Or perhaps a sign of something coming?

For anyone who is not watching on TV, prior to kickoff the question was put to Owen Coyle if the Motherwell vacancy was one that that interests him? Coyle simply said, not one that interests him.

Believe he said "it's not the sort of job I'd be interested in".

Thought it sounded wee bit dismissive.

Not sure if it means anything at all, but I sat very close to Nolberto Solano (ex Newcastle, villa and Peru) in the main stand last night. He was there with around 8 other Hispanic / South American guys - they wiere sitting with Motherwell team lines going through players etc. could be useless info. Or perhaps a sign of something coming?

If ever a buy out was on the cards, this is it!

Club going cheap, management team out and plans for importing talent to move on to EPL for profit.

Solano at Fir Park on a cold Friday night in November?

Probably 2+2=5, but.......whatever happens, interesting times.

Are you sure it wasnt Solano and half a dozen Saudi's looking for somewhere they can buy into for less than £300 Million with a guaranteed route into Europe every season?

Would Chris Mccart be welcome back at FP? Something tells me there's some animosity from some people or is it just the Celtic connection?

I'd be interested in having him back, but a number of people on here seem to loathe anyone who's dared to go anywhere near the Old Firm, much less left us to get a better paid job with one of them.

Surprised George Burley isn't get much of a mention he would be my choice

If we are approaching the likes of Coyle, I'd expect Burley to feature on a list of prospects we are sounding out.

No odds on Nolberto Solano yet? Wonder if he's a front man for this rumoured consortium and/or looking to progress his management/coaching career.

Solano appears to be involved with some Canadian semi pro team as a was coach. I would be shocked if he is a serious contender for he role. I'm also not buying this South American buyers rumour either!

The betting market is wide open. No one has any real idea of who is going to be appointed. If Billy McKinley is seriously interested then we should look to go down that road.

Then again, Bobby Williamson is only a phone call away...

Sorry but the folk on here looking for ex-Well player combinations as manager(s) need to get out of fantasy land, that is the quickest route to relegation and financial disaster. A proven, roll up the sleeves, no nonsense manager is what's needed right now. Get a grip of that dressing room. There are experienced professionals who need sorted out. IF they can provide a performance like the last game then where the hell were they all season. Funny how when players are under pressure and they don't want to lose their comfortable contracts under a new manager they then up their game. These players are supposed professionals. Time to get the right man in and lay down the law.If they can roll up the sleeves like they done against united they should be ashamed of themselves that they couldn't so it under McCall. First time I have felt such animosity towards our players.They always seemed to have a decent work ethic but the last wee while they have in my mind been very poor in effort and professionalism

• Like 2

Sorry but the folk on here looking for ex-Well player combinations as manager(s) need to get out of fantasy land, that is the quickest route to relegation and financial disaster. A proven, roll up the sleeves, no nonsense manager is what's needed right now. Get a grip of that dressing room. There are experienced professionals who need sorted out. IF they can provide a performance like the last game then where the hell were they all season. Always the same when players are under pressure, they don't want to lose their comfortable contracts under a new manager and up their game. These players are supposed professionals. Time to get the right man in and lay down the law.

^^Bang on the money^^^

Iv read some amount of shite (Faddy and lasley being 2 of the worst examples) we need someone to bring the best out of the existing squad cause there's no way we will be doing a Ross county in January and bringing in half a new team.

I would be quite happy to give Kenny Black a couple of months in charge as I don't see the need to rush into an appointmen at this stage of the season especially when it appears the players are all would like him as manager.

Do you really expect the players to come out against Black, would you in their position, don't think so. I would also remind you part of the reason we are in this position is the fact the team isn't fit, I wonder who thats down to.