The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

I would be gutted if he gets the job really don't like him as a manager or a person he is not what we need.

At the end of the day it's hid team that sits below us in the league he signed the majority of the players so why should we want him.

If he gets the job my enthusiasm to go home and away to watch us would not be the same the only person worse than him would be Malpas.

Can anyone tell one positive in his appointment if it happens.

The negativity surrounding this speaks volumes and don't think he would be given a much of a chance as so many dislike him.

Rather Calderwood than Adams but don't want either.

Adams plays drab, defensive football (not something thats going to entice fans to Fir Park). He's also a moaning face wee runt who will always find someone to blame for a defeat be it the ref, linesmen, pitch, dirty opposition tactics, you name it.

While some of our fans might not have appreciated McCalls nicey nicey approach in interviews, at least he was able able to be the bigger man and accept that sometimes you are beaten by a better team. From what i've seen, Adams doesnt have the ability/class call it whatever you want to take a defeat on the chin.

• Like 1

Adams would be a disaster. He ticks none of the boxes I want to see ticked.

Who are all the Ross County youngster that have been developed by Adams over his relatively long period in charge at County? That's right there are none.

What is his long term strategy to team building? Every year bring in dozens of cheap foreign players with absolutely no continuity season after season and having to rely on January transfer window investment to dig his teams out of trouble.

What is his relationship with the press and football world? Poor, conducts himself in a very unprofessional way and is not liked in Scottish football and if the rumours are to be believed his relationship with his own dressing room was poor.

Contacts? Poor, seems to rely heavily on agents for players.

Style of play? Dull.

Record in the top flight? Mediocre, this season, even worse than us.

As for Calderwood, I'd take him as a short term measure until the end of the season. You might not like the man but his record is there for everyone to see.

I am also in the ABA camp. A few mates from up North tell me he is a prat and it was his dad who actually ran the team and made all decisions. He was just a figurehead. Apparently he used to walk in at half time and say feck all to the players. Lots of training ground bust ups. Might just be chatter but where there is smoke etc. Why take the risk when there is better managers out there? I am sure the MFC board will do their Due Dilligence and talk to previous owner who will put them right. Fingers crossed.

Or have you considered Vigurs and Lawson have shared their experiences?

Odds shortening is upsetting. I don't think he fits the bill and doesn't sit with how the club choose gaffers. I'd be interested to see Bogarde, quite a CV and no doubt worked under some greats and could implement a few decent changes with the help of Johannsen as they no doubt have a continental approach to things.

If it does materialise, will Scottish players get involved or spit the dummy?

Always wondered what an interview for a manager involves.

Tell us about what you've achieved

Who you've worked under

What did you take from each of these managers

What would you copy or build on

What do you know about the club

What room for improvement have you identified on the park

How would you address that

Where would you like to be in 5 years time

What would you do immediately on a daily basis

Would you change anything with respect to the training regime/player working day

Would you be happy to work with any existing staff or bring your own

What exposure do you have to potential players (lower /foreign leagues)

Where would you source them

What contacts do you have at clubs/acquaintances/former colleagues to get loans

Anyone you think you can bring here on your notoriety

Any others I've missed?

Anyone linked with us tick more yes' than no's?

I'm still firmly in the anyone over Adams camp and this recent price cut does suggest someone in the know has bet on it - would view is appointment as a disaster!

I wouldn't read too much into it. Solano is 2nd favourite but I am sure that is purely being driven through the press coverage which then translates into punters sticking money on it and the odds going down. There won't be a lot of money being wagered on the Next Motherwell Manager market so all it will take will be a someone getting a tip and then it starts to build momentum...Billy Stark is now 20/1 and we all thought he was a big contender...still could be.

Who you've worked under

Would you change anything with respect to the training regime/player working day

Any others I've missed?

How much money do you expect to be paid on a monthly basis?

A key one for us!

• Like 1

Or have you considered Vigurs and Lawson have shared their experiences?

Odds shortening is upsetting. I don't think he fits the bill and doesn't sit with how the club choose gaffers. I'd be interested to see Bogarde, quite a CV and no doubt worked under some greats and could implement a few decent changes with the help of Johannsen as they no doubt have a continental approach to things.

A good playing CV but no Managerial CV. No thanks.

Who you've worked under

Any others I've missed?

"Hello Mr Boyle" ....(shake hands)

"Ah, hello Brother McCall/Brown/Insert Name Here, welcome to Fir Park!"

I'd be interested to see Bogarde, quite a CV and no doubt worked under some greats and could implement a few decent changes with the help of Johannsen as they no doubt have a continental approach to things.

He retired as a player 9 years ago and doesn't seem to have any serious coaching experience. A non starter in my opinion.

He retired as a player 9 years ago and doesn't seem to have any serious coaching experience. A non starter in my opinion.

There does seem to be a prominence in football these day for these FIFA badges. I think that's why JJ came to the club as his badges allowed the club to resource extra central funding that Youngie couldn't. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we've proven repeatedly, quite often managers with no or a ropey track record can produce the goods, granted some more successfully than others.

What some of the commenters above are really saying is "Everyone needs to start somewhere, just not at my club", that about right?

Rookie managers don't have a great track record at Fir Park. The last thing we need in our current position is someone who requires a few months to find their feet.

FIFA badges, while not a waste of time, aren't worth a lot as nobody ever fails the course.

Why the sudden change in betting though there must be some substance to it,i hope it's a Roy Keane type scenario that the bookies have it wrong.

I can't emphasise how much I don't want him near Fir Park

Change in betting just means some punter stuck a small wad of cash on it. With 50 or so applicants, plus non-applicants the club wants to speak to, I don't see Adams being close to favourite.

Change in betting just means some punter stuck a small wad of cash on it. With 50 or so applicants, plus non-applicants the club wants to speak to, I don't see Adams being close to favourite.

Yeah, this, also its about the bookies reacting to what others are doing too. It's amazing in a small market how people can move up and down in the odds. All it takes is a paper to print something or a tip to go around twitter or a bit of word of mouth and things can snowball for a few days.

To show the fluctuation -

Adams went through 6 changes in bet price yesterday at SkyBet. So, I would say it has been someone taking a punt and then others going on the back of that I would think.

Adams started at 4/1 on 3rd Nov, then went out to 14/1 by 10th November and has came back in over a couple of days to 1/2.

At Paddy Power Solano is 13/2 but at Bet Victor he is out at 12/1...big difference in companies as well.

I wouldnt read too much into it but I can understand the slight concern if you don't like Adams as he is by far the favourite at the bookies today.