The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

I'd love to see either Maaskaant or Van der Gaag given a chance, a breath of fresh air and all that.

It'll probably be Butcher though from what I'm hearing in the media :doh:

It's not reports in the media that concern me but people like Burn Broomfield stating it. Media have little interest in us and it leads to lazy stories that have no real substance.

Posters on here not known for spreading nonsense start saying the job is Butcher's, then I get worried...

Butcher's record was pretty poor with us, and then he walked away while still under contract after spinning porkies about mid-season holidays in Australia.

More worrying, he took over a Hibs side in a better (although still poor) situation and conspired to get them relegated.

He was the right man at the right time for his original stint. Not this time I fear.

No thanks.

• Like 1

It's getting close to the point where it doesn't matter who we appoint, we just need to appoint someone so that whoever it turns out to be gets started on the job in hand. This has dragged on so long that it's gone beyond "taking time to get the right man". The board have had quite a while to study the applications and weigh up their options.

We can't start planning for January until a decision is made...