The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

This place is mental.

Nah ditch Butcher because he's had one good gig, one poor one, one good gig, one poor one.

VS

Former players who's records we're not fully versed with, some conjecture and managing in leagues where the situation surrounding things is hard for us to quantify.

And there's some cyber-throwing of season tickets already. God Almighty

• Like 1

We could have Jose Mourinho on the short list and the usual suspects would moan and quote snippets from the web about how shit a manager he is. I dont care who we get, as long as the new man is in place sooner rather than later, the team needs stabillity and some focus. The next run of games are probably the most important we will have this season, we need wins to get us back on track.

Van der Gaag actually excites me as an appointment.

Was in Madeira this summer and the guy who work in our hotels bar was a big Maritimo fan and mentioned Van der Gaag and he called him a great manager that was given the bullet too early. Said he was one of his all time favourite Maritimo players as well.

Looked him up, took Maritimo to their highest finish ever (5th) and next season was sacked after just 4 games with only a return of 2 points, which is a bit extreme. Went to Belenenses and secured promotion in first season and had them in top 8 of Portuguese top flight when he took ill with heart problems.

As far as the possible 6 go, either Van der Gaag, Maaskant or Freeman (in that order) for me.

I like Shields, and he'd be good for us and our youth development and "community club" ideology, but he comes with too much baggage.

Will always be fond of Butcher for the work he done while he was here, but believe it would be a step back.

Don't think Black is cut out for the No.1 role.

End of the day, I'd only be disappointed if Black gets the nod. Any of the other 5 are miles better than Adams, Leitch, etc.

• Like 1

We could have Jose Mourinho on the short list and the usual suspects would moan and quote snippets from the web about how shit a manager he is. I dont care who we get, as long as the new man is in place sooner rather than later, the team needs stabillity and some focus. The next run of games are probably the most important we will have this season, we need wins to get us back on track.

I do care.

Let's just calmly see the process reach it's conclusion rather than be spooked because of what is coming up on Saturday and the week after.

It's important certainly - obviously - but now we've at last reached the advanced point of where they appear to be doing interviews and weighing up the pro's and con's of each candidate I'd far rather wait an extra week or so if it took it to get the right candidate for the longer term.

There are 3 points up for grabs on Saturday. There are 66 points up for grabs following that.

• Like 2

Betting suspended in Paddy Power just now

I think they suspended the market a while ago while nothing was really happening. Bet Victor and Sky Bet are the only sites offering it.

Butcher is still favourite but odds are drifting out, VanDerGaag into 5/1 (from 10/1) and Solano is back into 3rd at 8/1. Maaskant out at 14/1.

Am I right?

We have interviewed a short list of 6 potential managers and they are

1. Kenny Black

2. Nolberto Solano

3. Rob Maaskant

4. Mitchell van der Gaag

5. Kenny Shiels

6. Terry Butcher

The interview process should be concluded today and remove salano from the list and replace with unnamed English candidate and you won't be far away if reports are to believed. Unless of course if van der Haag and maaskant come as a team tho this is unlikely as we would need to pay off Kenny black.

Emphasis on if reports are to be believed!

I don't know anything but trying to piece together what I've read I am of the opinion that Kenny Black isn't in the running, and I was also under the impression that Solano was the South American consortiums man for the job, so wouldn't expect him to be interviewed by the current board.

I could well be wrong on either/both though.

Am I right?

We have interviewed a short list of 6 potential managers and they are

1. Kenny Black

2. Nolberto Solano

3. Rob Maaskant

4. Mitchell van der Gaag

5. Kenny Shiels

6. Terry Butcher

From the reports it seems about right. But, I would remove Solano on the assumption that if it was indeed the consortium coming in we wouldn't be even bothering with the interviews.

I'd remove Shiels, Butcher and Solano as that appears to be purely press speculation. We know Van der Gaag, Maaskant have been interviewed and Flow has intimated Black will be considered but I think that's it, no? As usual, board doing a great job of staying tight-lipped and press indulging in the usual rampant speculation

We could have Jose Mourinho on the short list and the usual suspects would moan and quote snippets from the web about how shit a manager he is.

This is some of the worst patter about. Right up there with 'We're not Barcelona'.

Manky.