The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

As Haggis says, its not all about money for some applicants. Some may have been out the game for a while and are desperate to get back in and willing to accept the salary on offer

Totally agree with this, Managers are a different animal to players (although Davies was apparently a greedy little fecker so he may be ruled out)

Coyle's whole career has never been money driven and a club like Motherwell may suit him.

There's no chance it would be Davies, he's Billy big baws now there's no way he'd take a step back into the SPFL and why would we want a manager back when he almost got us relegated last time. :blink:

Surely Butcher is the only sensible choice, he's got experience, good motivator, did ok with what he had last time and he's unemployed.

Flow on Peter and Roughies show, sky 117. Said 37 applied in 24 hours, 7 of which could discount. So that's steelboy, MJC .....come on who else?

Lasley due on the line after the break

Not possible.

We're skint, and only Calderwood, an ex manager of 16 years, Adams, Leitch and...wait, what? We may employ someone off the beaten track? AGAIN!?

Only for the 6th time or so in the last 12 years!?

Although, seriously, a waste of time guessing, I sincerely hope. We'd never have guessed Butcher, McGhee, Gannon, McCall, or Brown, and I hope that continues.

(And I know you're only quoting the facts CHL)

This is going to be a difficult one because we need a turnaround with the squad we currently have, so a Gannon type with "contacts" isn't going to be the answer, and I'm not sure if someone with a completely new philosophy is going to be able to get their ideas across quickly enough.

Although we enjoy a good comeback, I'm not sure if Butcher would come back without Malpas, who was our last internal appointment and that didn't go too well for both parties and I'd be surprised if he came back. I think his appointment was also the last time we made an obvious appointment!

I'd love it if we went for a manager who is proving himself in the lower leagues in Scotland, but other than Ian Murray I don't know who there is.

So. Former player/manager, no bridges burned, Scottish lower league experience, and not too radical, and unemployed = Derek Adams. He also has previous fir park scapegoat experience. Shit, maybe it is going to be Leitch.

Terry Butcher?? FFS!! facepalm.gif He had his turn with us and look at the rip roaring James Hunt he made of things at Hibs last season when they were in exactly the same fix as we are in now. Crazy idea. No thank-you.

As for Derek Adams!? Considered not good enough for Ross County who are bottom of then league before this season even started so again no thank-you.

IMO Scott Leitch should never been allowed back into FP so again no thank-you.

We need to get some new blood in again. Somebody that's keen to get on in club management and not somebody that's been over the course again and again.

For me I'd try to get Ian Murray. As a player he was wholehearted and bled for Hibs and often carried them at times. He's already shown in his short spell as manager at Dumbarton that he's got what it takes to succeed by getting them promoted on a veritable shostring and playing decent football by all accounts. And what about Scott Booth at Stenhousemuir as his assistant? Again doing a decent job and has had a great football upbringing. Two up and coming young Scottish managers who would probably value a great opportunity to take the next step on their football management careers. And if we were to benefit along the way then it would be a win-win situation.

• Like 2