Nobby Solano And A London Based Consortium

Welldel

I wonder if this group are being sold half the shares with the other half going to the ws so they don't have the final say on dealing and the well society can still keep a hold of the club and day to day dealings, then we could have the security and the players they are promising and the level headedness of the current board to stop them doing a runner and leaving us in the shit, or is that just wishful thinking

If all the cash is tied up in buying the shares and keeping us afloat then we are basically treading water.

I know we can once again cut out cloth accordingly but if we do anymore we will be a part time club. If we do turn part time (it has been hinted at in the past) I don't see us going any other way other than a quick exit of the Premiership and down the leagues.

Our last financial figures stated turn over of almost 6 million pounds. I fully accept that running a provincial football club is no easy matter but surely if the club is turning over 5 or 6 million pounds a season we should be able to run a reasonably successful Premiership level team?

I'm speculating of course because I don't know what our players get paid but I've suspected for a while Motherwell player have been on nice little earners over the past few years.

However the days of bring players up from the English professional leagues or bringing in marquee singings are over and I think we should really be focusing on strong scouting in the lower leagues in Scotland and in youth development.

If we do that, and control our player wage expenditure, perhaps by offering lower wages but on longer contracts, I don't see why we can't do relatively well, and by that I mean continue as a Premiership level team, on our existing revenues.

We have 13 first team squad players out of contract at the end of the season. I think the close season will be a good time to realign our wage and bonus structure. As Hamilton Accies and Inverness have proved this season, you don't need to pay out huge wages to build a good team that plays decent football.

• Like 1

I don't think it's the wages that have been killing us there's been a lot of talk about huge bonuses being paid at end of seasons which isn't there this year

Whilst the bonuses are an entitlement of the results achieved, wages are way and above what others of similar standing are paying. Fans of Aberdeen, United & the capital clubs may well be saying similar things about the cost/success ratio we have enjoyed of late as we are doing now against the likes of how ICT & Accies are currently outperforming us.

Not wanting to suggest what level of salary our players currently receive, but, figures will show fewer than half a dozen of our first team are on less than X amount which is still around double what the maximum available to one of the clubs previously mentioned.

Cost cutting on a major scale is inevitable no matter the ownership of our club, may well provoke debate on the level of quality we'll have at our disposal, something that's serving some well at the moment, will there be any success for them/us long term? Only time will tell...

Outwith those backing the 'Well Society, is there potentially an alternative local offer on the table?

Here's hoping! Both of the options mentioned at the moment sound dodgy to me and I doubt either party would be willing / able to carry out the sort of overhaul required both on and off the park.

I don't think it's the wages that have been killing us there's been a lot of talk about huge bonuses being paid at end of seasons which isn't there this year

We are still wasting a lot of money at the club. For example, I have heard what McHugh is getting paid weekly, there will be others too (not singling him out)

We are still wasting a lot of money at the club. For example, I have heard what McHugh is getting paid weekly, there will be others too (not singling him out)

I'm sorry but stuff like this just annoys me. Just because someone told you what he gets paid doesn't make it true. The same thing happened with Gunnar Nielsen. Somebody said about two years ago they heard he was getting paid stupid money and now it's pretty much considered fact on here.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but stuff like this just annoys me. Just because someone told you what he gets paid doesn't make it true. The same thing happened with Gunnar Nielsen. Somebody said about two years ago they heard he was getting paid stupid money and now it's pretty much considered fact on here.

I know for a fact how much he gets paid, I also know for a fact how much of his wages we had to pay while he was on loan. So not gossip.

maybe there is reason why people think they know what nielsen or mchugh get paid?

beyond gossip rumour or speculation we pay £1.6m in first team player wages going by what has been said at well society meeting. we have a first team squad of 22 so that's an average wage of £1400 a week.

I don't know for a fact but I'd guess that's probably about correct. I've read from a decent source that £800 a week is about average at Championship level (excluding the big teams down there at the moment).

Assuming that's correct you'd have to assume we are paying roughly £1100-1200 to our average pros and more to the high earners.

Whatever we pay, we do know that we can't compete with teams like Dundee Utd who, as McCall pointed out, could afford the salary of Bilate who was "way outside our range".

I seem to remember a few years ago our top end was around the 2k/week mark, so the figures bandied around here seem reasonable.

Confirmed by his agent in the papers this morning that Solano is in talks with us about becoming manager ..BUT ..his agent says he would prefer to get a job back home ...great idea then , let him get a job back home !!!

Confirmed by an agent...

Not exactly the most trustworthy of sources!

If he's not committed to the idea of staying in Scotland or with the club for the foreseeable future then he shouldn't even be considered in my opinion.

If this goes through as outlined I doubt the current board will have any say at all as who get appointed, longevity or not. I would also suggest that many backroom employees at the club at present may be sidelined for this consortium's own personnel to be installed.

While on paper the idea of this seems very encouraging and certainly excites with the potential, we don't live in a Football Manager 2007 world where hidden gems are found easily and nurtured.

Let's not ignore some of the personnel reported to be involved have a dodgy track record and if the Toronto events already outlined are true then it doesn't bode well.

I can't help but feel this whole scheme will be looked back on in 5 years time if it goes ahead in a similar vein to what Dundee fans look back on the time under crook lawyer Giovanni Di Stefano with Caniggia and Ketsbaia in their squad.

I would hope if an offer is tabled it is scrutinised and given proper due diligence by those tasked. But let's not ignore Boyle's strong desire for an exit strategy and how money does talk.

For anyone that has not read the rancid .

READING between the LIES – Motherwell are about to replace Stuart McCall with Walter Mitty.

A false flag operation is under way at Fir Park you see.

You can usually spot the tell-tale signs a mile off – football is a business riddled with rogues, chancers – and Craig Whyte.

Every now and then it’s easy to sniff out a blatant example of agents fibbing to gain leverage for a vacancy elsewhere. Step forward Uruguayan coach Guillermo Almada and former Newcastle star Nolberto Solano.

There’s telling a porky and then there’s River Plate’s Almada who claims he has already been offered the job after being briefed by a Fir Park delegation that flew to Buenos Aires on Monday.

The intricate details of the meeting are impressive ... he’s even been urged to answer an SOS from the Lanarkshire club, God bless him.

He said: “Motherwell aren’t in a good position this season so they are calling on me to keep them up. The idea would be for me to rebuild the squad for the following season.

“We spoke about the sporting project and what they want if they hire me and my assistants.

“It was a long and extensive meeting. They offered us an 18-month contract but there are major financial differences.”

The only problem for Almada is the whole thing is a figment of his imagination as sources of impeccable integrity within Fir Park have confirmed they haven’t broken bread with the South American never mind flown to the Argentine capital.

As for Monday night? 
Motherwell’s movers and shakers were at the club’s youth match.

Then there’s Noddy Solano and an agent who has offered up some Fir Park fantasy of his own.

Juan “Pinocchio” Pinieri would have us believe Solano is in advanced talks to become the new Motherwell manager.

He said: “Nolberto is currently in negotiations to take charge at Motherwell. The discussions are ongoing.”

So in true pantomime style
– oh no he isn’t.

Of the 54 candidates under review for the post, serial applier Ardiles is on the list.

Unfortunately, the Tottenham Hotspur legend’s appearance among the usual runners and riders for managerial vacancies is akin to having milk and bread on your shopping list.

Bogarde is another exotic offering from the scattergun approach by foreign agents trying to get their man in the door.

One recent vacancy in Scottish football had agents falling over themselves trying to get their man into the frame.

More than 80 “serious” applicants went for the Ross County job – former Barcelona star Patrick Kluivert was apparently keen on moving to Dingwall but was beaten to the post by the much more realistic Jim McIntyre.

It’s just another example of why the likes of Winston and wee Nobby will need to look elsewhere for work when it comes to Motherwell’s next manager – it’ll either be one of the usual native suspects or current caretaker Kenny Black.

Here’s an insight into the unscrupulous dark arts of how a false flag managerial manoeuvre works.

An in-work manager, lets call him Guillermo, may need his profile raised. New contract negotiations may be around the corner or he’s looking to broaden his horizons on to a bigger stage.

In steps the agent with a quote about an approach from a bigger club wishing to speak to his man and all that. Sometimes the club involved will be complicit and turn a blind eye as a favour.

And suddenly the “in-demand” tag is applied to his client without there being any truth in the story.

The second scenario is applied to the out-of-work boss. Let’s call him Nobby. He’ll have his agent bombarding every available job at home and abroad and throwing out a few quotes about bogus progress being made by his man in filling the position.

It’s in the hope that something else comes up at the same 
time and the haste to beat 
the fabricated clamour for 
his client helps shoehorn him into position.

The giveaway clue to the category which Solano falls 
into can be found in the second 
part of agent Pinieri’s statement about his man’s priorities which are preceded by the usual cock and bull.

He said: “The discussions are ongoing but his first wish is to manage a club in South America.”

Honestly, shameless rubbish which should be enough to make you blush claret and amber.

For anyone that has not read the rancid .

READING between the LIES – Motherwell are about to replace Stuart McCall with Walter Mitty.

A false flag operation is under way at Fir Park you see.

You can usually spot the tell-tale signs a mile off – football is a business riddled with rogues, chancers – and Craig Whyte.

Lol.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/craig-whyte-profile-the-scots-billionaire-1076110