Nobby Solano And A London Based Consortium

Welldel

Budget for finishing 10th every season and first round exit of cups. Simple. Anything above that is a bonus. If that means losing some high earners, well am all for that. Even if we totter around in the championship for a few years before coming back up, better that than no club at all.

The problem with that is you'll end up with a squad that is hovering around relegation each year and does nothing in the cups. There might be one off seasons where you reach mid-table, but bottom 6 would be the norm.

I think its safe to say JB wants nothing more to do with the club, he dabbled, got some good times out of it along with a few bad, however doesn't want the liability going forward. To think otherwise is not looking at the evidence of the past couple of years.

John Boyle is the one setting deadlines and targets and talking to outside bidders.

If he doesn't want anything more to do with the club or any money for his shares it's easy enough to do.

The problem with that is you'll end up with a squad that is hovering around relegation each year and does nothing in the cups. There might be one off seasons where you reach mid-table, but bottom 6 would be the norm.

I don't agree with this. Hamilton and Inverness are probably spending a lot less money than the likes of Ross County and ourselves. And ourselves and Ross County have been spending a lot less money than the likes of Hibs and Hearts when they got relegated.

The gap in quality between European places in the Premiership and even lower in the table in the Championship is very small. Much smaller than the wage gap that currently exists and I think it's really time clubs like ours took advantage of that. There are players in the Premiership who are only very marginally better than players in the league below, if at all, who want twice the money. I think we need to start saying "No".

With a good manager that gets the right players for the right price and you add in youth development, scouting players at an affordable level (ie lower Scottish leagues) I don't see why the bar would be set so low.

Hamilton may be, I doubt Inverness are.

If you want us to play at the level of Accies, however with tiny crowds and spending most of their existence in the 1st Division, then it's a great strategy.

If we pay 10th place/1st round exit wages, then we are destined for a fate like St. Mirren. Of course, every once in a while we might get lucky - like Accies are this season - but I'm pretty confident Accies will be back in a bottom 6 battle next season.

Don't forget also, that Accies can't survive without their plastic pitch being rented out 7 days a week. Nothing wrong with that, but not a path I'd want to go down.

Given that our support was moaning the years we finished 3rd and 2nd, you can imagine what they'd be like if we were 8th or 9th every season.

Hamilton may be, I doubt Inverness are.

If you want us to play at the level of Accies, however with tiny crowds and spending most of their existence in the 1st Division, then it's a great strategy.

If we pay 10th place/1st round exit wages, then we are destined for a fate like St. Mirren. Of course, every once in a while we might get lucky - like Accies are this season - but I'm pretty confident Accies will be back in a bottom 6 battle next season.

Don't forget also, that Accies can't survive without their plastic pitch being rented out 7 days a week. Nothing wrong with that, but not a path I'd want to go down.

Given that our support was moaning the years we finished 3rd and 2nd, you can imagine what they'd be like if we were 8th or 9th every season.

If budget was important as you are making out we wouldn't be anywhere near the Top 6 anyway because there are 7 city clubs in this country.

This used to be the case back in the McLean era when we were competing in a 10 team league against 6 or 7 strong sides that were just much better than us but I don't think that's the case any more. Those days are gone because the overall quality of the league has been completely diminished. There was a time when Aberdeen could have a European class, perhaps even World class player on the books. Today, even though they pay out more than we do, the quality of player they can attract is no where near that level and that's really my point. The difference in quality between a £800 a week player and a £1,400 a week player in Scotland is negligible.

The idea that we can sustain Top 6 finishes every year is cloud cuckoo stuff, as is any notion that we can lose £1,000,000 every three years and stay viable.

The point about some players in the lower leagues being good enough for the top division is a valid point. Including Robertson, Dundee Utd had four players who featured for Queens Park a few seasons ago. All of them made or are making the transition and are likely to rake in a fair few quid for United. A little bit of vision/belief coupled with a decent development programme can provide a fantastic return.

I understand our club do not scout the lower Scottish leagues to any great degree......if at all....and have not done so for years Instead we elect to pay a decent wage to players such as Josh Law. A flawed policy which is now biting us in the arse IMHO.

The idea that we can sustain Top 6 finishes every year is cloud cuckoo stuff, as is any notion that we can lose £1,000,000 every three years and stay viable.

I don't think the board can be blamed for thinking we could get a top six finish this season and then next year rangers and hearts will be back with increased income.

The problem is the contracts we have handed out in the last 24 months and our disastrous cup record.

• Like 1

The Society gaining any sort of control of Motherwell will ruin us. It's a disaster waiting to happen. They have continually failed to convice people of their competence and had this been a private investor, there would be some screaming from the rooftops that they should be nowhere near the Club. I can only see horrific times ahead if we go ahead with this nonsense.

• Like 3

The Society gaining any sort of control of Motherwell will ruin us. It's a disaster waiting to happen. They have continually failed to convice people of their competence and had this been a private investor, there would be some screaming from the rooftops that they should be nowhere near the Club. I can only see horrific times ahead if we go ahead with this nonsense.

+1

+2, the season is only going to get worse both on the park and financially so what does next season bring as there is no big windfall for finishing in 10th place.

I hope I'm just unaware of how the society will fund the club but to me it sounds like it will be continued pleas to fans to help financially when shit hits the fan which is never good.

In saying that there dosnt seem to much of an alternative to explore or favour.

Oh no.............Prepare for more of this

oliver.jpg

Regardless of my concerns around the Well Society being a sustainable model, the current predicament doesn't sit well with me.

Taking over the club with a loan, primarily to address current shortcomings on and off the park, is not financially astute and is inevitably going to lead to some very tight years ahead - at best.

I appreciate there isn't many alternatives, if any, out there for fresh investment but I'm distressed by how we have seemingly been driven to the brink by Dempster & her sheep.