Sc Motherwell V Dundee Utd 29/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Josh Law or Clarkson? You decide McCall....

Talk about revisionism - that doesn't even make sense. It was Clarskon or Ojamaa, and given that we had a team that scored 64 goals the previous campaign, but lacked a little mobility up top, Ojamaa made plenty of sense. Of course, it's easy to be a guru after the fact.

Also, what message would it have sent to Moore and Erwin when people are moaning about youngsters not getting their chance.

Talk about revisionism - that doesn't even make sense. It was Clarskon or Ojamaa, and given that we had a team that scored 64 goals the previous campaign, but lacked a little mobility up top, Ojamaa made plenty of sense. Of course, it's easy to be a guru after the fact.

Also, what message would it have sent to Moore and Erwin when people are moaning about youngsters not getting their chance.

Revision? Not making sense? Josh Law was deemed a worthwhile signing, David Clarkson wasn't. That to me doesn't make sense.

Guru after the fact? Every Motherwell fan around was excited about the prospect of Clarkson re-signing as we know what he can bring to the team, when he didn't we all thought that he must surely be a shadow of his former self....

What message would signing Clarkson send to Erwin and Moore? Will this be the same Erwin and Moore who are pretty much untested at this level and one of whom is still recovering from a very serious injury and still hasn't kicked a ball this season?

Aye, very good.

Disappointing to go out, especially having taken the lead but I was reasonably satisfied with the performance and right now, in our position, that's more what I'm looking at.

First half we were probably the better team, had spells of real pressure and played very well. Lots of good performances across the park - Lasley, Vigurs, Ojamaa, Angol etc. If we'd got that second goal it would probably have changed the match and we'd probably still be in the cup.

Second half Dundee Utd nullified our creative players. Ojamaa and Vigurs were taken out of the match and let's be honest, Dundee Utd are a team with pace and technique all over the park. They dominated the second half and the goals weren't a surprise, if it hadn't been for an immense performance from Twardzik it would have been more. Some times though you just have to put your hands up and say you were up against a much better team.

I still think it's night and day between our performances with McCall at the helm and the two matches since so I'm reasonable positive because, although we lost today, I think we have got our belief back to a certain extent.

Bring on Ross County on the 13th.

We played well for half an hour then the midfield started blowing out their arse and they had three great chances before half time. Aside from their two headed goals they had 5 one on ones so we were very fortunate only to lose two. The fitness of our squad is a disgrace with vigurs the worst offender.

Our subs summed us up. A 6ft 4 striker to right mid, a journeyman defender to centre mid and Kerr to left back when we needed a goal which was unbelievable.

The club is in the financial shitter and the fans have lost interest. That's Stuart McCall's legacy.

Dan fucking Twardzik. What a fucking game he had today!

Why did Black refuse to put Ainsworth on? I felt we really needed to get someone with pace on the park in the second half.

I can understand why he didn't want to put Ainsworth while we were still in the game because it would have left big spaces for Dundee Utd to exploit.

I think he should have come on at 2-1 though.

Really good first half. Poor second half. Twardzik fast becoming my favourite player.

Team gave it their all but we've been left with a team that is not good enough to compete with the better teams in this league. Sad to see Lawson go off injured after his best 45 minutes for Motherwell.

Most alarming stat of the day was the attendance. 2,800 Motherwell fans at FP for a Scottish Cup game. Time those remaining in the Motherwell hierarchy, Society included, take some responsibility for running the club into the ground.

The fact that we are completely incapable of going for 90 mins is seriously starting to rip my tits.

As others have said great first 30 minutes then overrun.

Dan the stand out again. I think I counted 4 or 5 one on ones where he made great saves.

When your keeper is MOM and you're still losing says a lot.