Sc Motherwell V Dundee Utd 29/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Well, if the players turn up with the same defeatist attitude as most on here then a defeat is inevitable.

Folk accusing the players of giving up when that's exactly what the fans seem to be doing is a bit bizarre.

2-1 Motherwell tomorrow, this team CAN play and CAN beat United again.

Didn't see the Steven McManus interview in which he said that Motherwell know of Utd weaknesses. :doh: . That's riled their manager and i've no doubt that'll be HAMMERED home to them before kick off. Did i say HAMMERED yes that's what we'll get by at least 3. Ramsden for a red card looks a nightmare prospect as well. :blink:

I find I'm agreeing with plenty who have posted already in that I'm most certainly not a fan of the Scottish Cup being played this early and I have my fair share of reservations about our chances too.

The SFA/SPFL would I suspect claim that with the top flight split continuing and each division in Scotland now having play-offs an early exit in the Scottish Cup is not the season killer that it may have been in the past. In the past there would have been swathes of clubs with "meaningless" games following a 3rd round exit. In fairness with the play-offs that's much less so.

They might also argue the point that playing games in late November/early December will negate some of the problems postponements that come futher into winter. Ofcourse the vagaries of Scottish weather mean there can be call offs any time but you would generally expect less call-offs in November than you might in January.

But it just doesn't feel right and for me takes away from the traditions and allure of the competition for me, in much the same way that drawing ties hidden away at 2pm on a Monday afternoon does too. The round where the "big" teams come in should be in January, so you've something different to look forward to after the turn of the year in the second half of the season.

Potentially being out of both cups before you've even got the Christmas decorations up is just shite!

As for tomorrow I must confess I'm not as enthusiastic as I might be. Still pretty scunnerred at getting hit with another top flight team. I'd far rather flirt with disaster and get the chance to play an Inverurie, Albion Rovers or Queen's Park that you only chance upon once in a blue moon that a home-tie against another top flight side.

It also wouldn't surprise if their travelling support matched or even bettered our own. £15 is a great if you are an away fan and would normally pay £22 or whatever coming here (season ticket deal for their last visit duly acknowledged but £15 when you normally use your season ticket and got the first cup tie is well, a little be meh - and that's not to say I don't disagree with their reasoning for it.

I don't see McNamara, who got a really easy ride from the media about changing half a team and still thinking they could beat us, will make the same mistaken again so I think the task is going to be all the harder for us.

I also see some similarities to tomorrow and a Cup tie against Dundee Utd around 10-15 years ago at Fir Park where we were having similar discussions about the future direction of the club with Boyle at the time reigning in the spending, budgets on the verge of being cut accounts looking particularly great.

That was an equally important day in terms of the clubs finances. I hope the result is better this time around!

Didn't see the Steven McManus interview in which he said that Motherwell know of Utd weaknesses. :doh: . That's riled their manager and i've no doubt that'll be HAMMERED home to them before kick off. Did i say HAMMERED yes that's what we'll get by at least 3. Ramsden for a red card looks a nightmare prospect as well. :blink:

Sins worth certainly said it in the press conference. When did MicManus?

Personally I'd rather the players came out and said that they had no idea how to handle their opponents and were fully expecting to get hammered...

What a ridiculous thing to complain about.

And Ramsden for a red card? Any other wild predictions based on nothing to share?

Awful to watch, and a comprehensive defeat is inevitable, I think.

0-3, even with Ciftci out.

I'm guessing you probably said something similar before the league match.

We might be shite but we have a chance and nothing is "inevitable" especially when we beat the same team a couple of weeks ago. The level of negativity says more about some of the posters than the football team.

It's not great right now but I can't be bothered with people throwing the towel in before a ball has even been kicked.

I will be coming up for this. Its the Scottish Cup FFS and the gate price is deserving of a decent turnout.

Yes we have been shite so far this season and if the game goes to form they should pummell us, but we all thought the same about the league game and it never happened.

The team need us. The club needs the finance. Get yer arse to this game and show what supporting our team is all about.

We NEED to win this. I dont care if we win ugly. Lets just win.

COYW!

I need the finance more than a professional sports club, I'm afraid.

As for throwing the towel in, just my opinion. Fair enough it's not inevitable. No amount of superb cheer from me is going to cause us to suddenly gain 3 yards of pace, 20 minutes of fitness, and the ability to defend set pieces. I can't be bothered watching the pathetic efforts put forward at the moment.

I'll be back next Saturday against Celtic, using the season ticket with which I've already provided finance. A season ticket I bought, knowing that I'll likely miss a good few of the games paid for in this coming half of the season. Sorry, but that guilt trip is just ridiculous.

As for throwing the towel in, just my opinion. Fair enough it's not inevitable. No amount of superb cheer from me is going to cause us to suddenly gain 3 yards of pace, 20 minutes of fitness, and the ability to defend set pieces. I can't be bothered watching the pathetic efforts put forward at the moment.

I'll be back next Saturday against Celtic, using the season ticket with which I've already provided finance. A season ticket I bought, knowing that I'll likely miss a good few of the games paid for in this coming half of the season. Sorry, but that guilt trip is just ridiculous.

A season ticket which would have previously got you in for free tomorrow. Not this year though, fans had to up their game in order to maintain budget and calibre of player...

It's fair enough if people don't go for whatever reason especially if you need the money more. However, to everyone else if you can afford it then I would say get along and cheers the team on.

I as a lot of others used to never miss a 3rd round scottish cup game home or away when it was the Saturday after new year and we always had big crowds.now I can't get motivated for one reason or another. Can't see any benefits to scottish football having it at this time of year.along with no sponsor this tells you all you need to know about the marketing of scottish football. Sorry for moaning!