Sc Motherwell V Dundee Utd 29/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Don't know whether to be encouraged by the first half, or flip side that we are devoid of fitness, luck and confidence, impacted by offfield events and support is generally ebbing away both in numbers and enthusiasm. Can't remember many times in my 40+years supporting the team it felt as flat and hopeless walking out of FP as it did yesterday.

Big improvement in the team yesterday played great in first half ,then Utd stepped up in the second half and we were kind of always on the back foot .We have always had a problem with them for the last 3 seasons , they can be very speedy breaking forward So it was a good performance in general.. Sutton is too slow to play up front himself should have been subbed with 20 min to go . Cant be bothered reading the negative crap from some on , here we are in a sticky spot so get out and support the team £15 and £5 to get in was a bargin and if you cant be arsed forking that out and the crowd looks pathetic is it a surprise that the players cant be arsed either . I know they get paid for it but they need our support as well

• Like 1

£15 and £5 to get in was a bargin and if you cant be arsed forking that out and the crowd looks pathetic is it a surprise that the players cant be arsed either . I know they get paid for it but they need our support as well

Totally agree. There were almost as many away fans as home fans at the game yesterday. Absolutely pathetic home support, especially for a scottish cup tie.

So approximately 1000 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS didn't show up yesterday. That is the most dangerous part of yesterday's latest debacle. Talk about apathy. The club need to take a long hard look at themselves. The absolute worst part of it now is we have to sit back and watch, potentially, another non old firm team go on and have their day in the sun. It's really starting to become annoying that so many provincial clubs are having cup success while we look on. Yesterday and the Accies game were examples of the players not knowing, caring or being informed of the importance of the match.

Mistakes seem to go unpunished at Motherwell and it's not good enough. From something as major as letting Clarkson and Faddy sign for league rivals, selection nightmares, players Fucking up time and again, poor communication etc...

Take a look at yesterday, both Sutton and Agnol could have stopped their goals with a bit of effort and desire. They didn't and it has cost us BIG time. Money, fans, success all down the drain because of errors. Why could they not be arsed? Because there ate absolutely no consequences for being shite at Motherwell, that's why. Players just shrug and get on with their week.

I'll go back to Faddy and Clarky. While going by last season's form neither were 100% what we needed in terms of footballer they are both the type of PEOPLE we need at the club. They are club guys who know what we are all about who might just give that extra fuck. I also think there is something in the argument that if they were both here we would see more from Lasley, Sutton and McManus etc...

And that is the one main thing that I guess is wrong at Motherwell just now, from the board to the training pitch, the dressing room, pitch and now it seems, the fans...just not enough fucks are given.

• Like 3

100% Juan Kerse.

Yes the home support was pathetic yesterday, but why was it pathetic? For 17 games previous we have been pretty much guaranteed a sub standard, unfit, unmotivated, generally untalented team make the same constant mistakes week in week out resulting in a nailed on motherwell defeat with not even a hint of a corner in sight, let alone turning it. The warning signs were there after the first couple of games also!

We also now have no manager, and haven't had one for a month. Who knows when we'll get one in? There are apparent ownership issues which is apparently holding up the previous point. We also have two former heroes who wanted to play with us deemed not good enough or (bizarrely) surplus to requirements turning it on a rival clubs.

We are completely rudderless and many of the fans have no confidence in any aspect of the club being carried out efficiently.

By the way, we have Stuart McCall to thank for the Clarky and Faddy sickeners, meanwhile he's now a media darling without a hint of criticism directed at him for the shit he's left us in.

• Like 1

By the way, we have Stuart McCall to thank for the Clarky and Faddy sickeners, meanwhile he's now a media darling without a hint of criticism directed at him for the shit he's left us in.

That part for me is spot on. It cannot be under stated how much shite we have been left it because of him....

I fully appreciate the league positions of the past few seasons but I can also appreciate the total disorganised unfit unbalanced mess he has left is with.

An ageing unbalanced squad with poor quality and the fitness of an amateur Sunday pub team.

• Like 1

Like everyone, absolutely gutted to be out the cup but for me what has softened the blow is the fact that for the first time this season I've seen us look like a competent and dare I say, exciting football team.

We've been prime candidates for at best the play-offs and at worst a straight drop but we'll be safe if we can repeat that first 45 on a more regular basis we'll pick up enough points for a safe bottom 6 finish. Yep, sad times we're aiming this low but that's the reality of this season.

Beyond that, I also saw Law, ZFA and Lawson all put in their best shifts in a while and vigurs, lasley and sutton looked sharp(er) too.

What wasn't so heartening was how far we dropped away after the first goal. Movement off the ball and passing the ball with a bit of pace and creativity all disappeared. I don't know if that's fitness or just highlights how fragile our confidence is just now.

Agree with some of your sentiments but Law ran about like a headless chicken at times ,ZFA has always been a bottler in my opinion and big Sutton still far from fit but trying hard in a no win situation where he is played. Don't believe we lost after the best first half we've had all season. Sorry to see Lawson going off as I thought he was coming on to some sort of a game in the first half.

Not sure why it is McCall's fault we didn't sign Clarkson and/or Faddy?

Clarkson has been offered a contract, but he didn't accept the offer! Although I wasn't surprised when I heard the amount of money...

Seen it suggested a few times that Clarkson was offered buttons. If that's the case, McCall should have came out and told the truth.

1417355867[/url]' post='425987']

Not sure why it is McCall's fault we didn't sign Clarkson and/or Faddy?

Clarkson has been offered a contract, but he didn't accept the offer! Although I wasn't surprised when I heard the amount of money...

Look, things are bad enough without this being passed off as fact. Our information differs greatly & given who it was from confirms the club stance & information they trotted out at the time.

Also, that'll be why his best mate threw his toys out his cot at him or another of their mates not getting offered contracts? So much so, even landed one on the chin of the manager?

I wasn't bothered in the slightest when McFadden was't resigned in the summer and I think the majority of Motherwell fans felt the same.

If you had offered me the choice between Ojamaa and Clarkson at the start of the season I would have picked Ojamaa every day of the week, and again I suspect so would most Motherwell fans. I still think he is by far the better player despite Clarky's fantastic form for Dundee.

Why we are still getting caught up in this debate anyway is beyond me. We are where we are and it is down to the players we have to get us out of it.

Absolutely. I remember we were all outraged when faddy wasn't offered a new contract in the summer, and I too can't fathom why he didn't dip into the infinite pot of gold to sign Clarkson as well as Ojamaa.

According to BBC's gossip column Kenny Black reports that there was dressing room rage after the match. Wonder who did the raging?

Probably at Kenny Black for bringing on a defender rather than Ainsworth when you are 2-1 down and have 5minutes left to try and stay in the cup!

I know i commented on this point yesterday but it still sticks in my craw far more than the defensive mistakes. We actually had an opportunity to at least try and do something to salvage a draw and replay. Is Ainsworth our top scorer this season? Unsure but he cant be far off it. He also caused a lot of damage to United in the game 3weeks ago. Throw the boy on, we might lose 3-1 but at least we lose 3-1 going for it rather than settling for a 2-1 defeat and not trying. Weir, Wilson et al should show Black the door right now on the back of that decision as far as Im concerned.

Look, things are bad enough without this being passed off as fact. Our information differs greatly & given who it was from confirms the club stance & information they trotted out at the time.

Also, that'll be why his best mate threw his toys out his cot at him or another of their mates not getting offered contracts? So much so, even landed one on the chin of the manager?

Eh?

• Like 1

At the time i thought angol should have done better for there second but now having seen the highlights his lazy half arsed attempt at defending was a fucking disgrace.

He didn't defend it but Watson (six one) is probably going to beat ZFA (five eight) for a header 9 times out of 10 anyway.

If we wanted to avoid conceding that goal we didn't press Townesend and stood off him so he could put the cross in.

100% Juan Kerse.

Yes the home support was pathetic yesterday, but why was it pathetic? For 17 games previous we have been pretty much guaranteed a sub standard, unfit, unmotivated, generally untalented team make the same constant mistakes week in week out resulting in a nailed on motherwell defeat with not even a hint of a corner in sight, let alone turning it. The warning signs were there after the first couple of games also!

We also now have no manager, and haven't had one for a month. Who knows when we'll get one in? There are apparent ownership issues which is apparently holding up the previous point. We also have two former heroes who wanted to play with us deemed not good enough or (bizarrely) surplus to requirements turning it on a rival clubs.

We are completely rudderless and many of the fans have no confidence in any aspect of the club being carried out efficiently.

If its a league game then it's not my stance, but ok that's understandable. But this was the SCOTTISH CUP vs a big team, arguably one of the favourites. Those excuses can go out the window IMO. If you don't come out to support your team in those circumstances, and with reduced ticket prices, then when will you?