Sc Motherwell V Dundee Utd 29/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Hindsight is awesome indeed but I felt at the time we should have kept McFadden and signed Clarkson, and I definitely wasn't the only one.

Fair enough. I certainly was the opposite.

McFadden was rubbish in all but say 10ish games last year. I think that will prove to be the same again. In my opinion not worth it given our finances. That said, Law has not worked out as I originally imagined after seeing his European games.

Clarkson was not even scoring regularly down south. 20 odd goals in 120 games or so. I remember looking at that stat, thinking back to when he went when I was surprised the money we got for him and just wasn't bothered we passed on this opportunity to sign him again. Clearly, now, I wish we had. Although, I don't think he would have scored 8 in our team as we have nobody creating anything.

• Like 1

1417384670[/url]' post='426013']

Fair enough. I certainly was the opposite.

McFadden was rubbish in all but say 10ish games last year. I think that will prove to be the same again. In my opinion not worth it given our finances. That said, Law has not worked out as I originally imagined after seeing his European games.

Clarkson was not even scoring regularly down south. 20 odd goals in 120 games or so. I remember looking at that stat, thinking back to when he went when I was surprised the money we got for him and just wasn't bothered we passed on this opportunity to sign him again. Clearly, now, I wish we had. Although, I don't think he would have scored 8 in our team as we have nobody creating anything.

Exactly, people saying 'Clarkson this... Clarkson that...' He was rubbish down south and not even great when he went down south a few years back... Plenty of injuries etc.

He would not have scored as many goals for us, I am confident of that but obvisouly can't proof. He will hit a wall eventually. He is average at best and, imho has a lucky streak which happens to nearly everyone every now and then.

• Like 1

It was no surprise because Motherwell FC in their infinite wisdom took it off the season ticket and asked people to pay £15 on a Saturday in the run up to Christmas.

the club were losing money on this as we need to give the away team half the money of the attendance......but we werent charging everyone a fee to attend, so it was a decision made to plug a hole - anyway, this part doesnt bother me - what bothers me here is the SFA - they made the decision to amend the football calendar, they have ultimately affected and dented the finances of all their member clubs - the attendance at every game other than Tynecastle was terrible - SORT IT OUT SFA or at least the clubs should be telling the SFA this needs to change

The fans are voting with their feet. We've been bludgeoned into submission with the continual dross that's been served up starting with the Stjarnan debacle and continued unrelenting to today. Each pass game only seems to accelerate the downward decline. 3 wins in 17?!?! 8 defeats out the last 9?!?! The players and management should be fucking ashamed of themselves for the incompetence shown. It's beyond anger now, it's now apathy, and that's far more dangerous.

I've become the guy I said I never would be, or the guy I thought I'd be. I'm the guy that's stopped going to the football. Worse still, I don't even miss it, and I don't know when or if I'll be back.

I'm not saying I'm "Mr Motherwell" or anything like that but when fans who have been going solid home and away for decades become so disillusioned that they pretty suddenly stop going then the club should be very worried. I dare say say I'm not the only one.

This is currently how i feel

Cant be bothered reading the negative crap from some on , here we are in a sticky spot so get out and support the team £15 and £5 to get in was a bargin and if you cant be arsed forking that out and the crowd looks pathetic is it a surprise that the players cant be arsed either . I know they get paid for it but they need our support as well

every player in the first team squad is handsomely paid - waaaay waaaaay above average earnings - yes, yesterday prices were reduced - but i'd struggle to agree it was a bargain.

maybe the players should take a bit of responsibility upon themselves and give the fans something to cheer them up - they can forego a weeks wages and pay for the fans to go to an away game, I was going to suggest Accies on New Years day, but we'll travel in numbers for that game anyway, so as an early Xmas present they can pay for the fans to go to Paisley

a massive game - a real 6 pointer, and they get a proper backing by a vocal support and before people suggest, they've got bills too, yeah I agree, but they're still getting their appearance fee and they'll potentially get a win bonus too - i dont get extra money for turning up to work every day! And I dont get extra money for doing what I am paid to do either! (which in their case is to win football games, if I performed how they have been this season, I wouldnt have a job anymore)

it works both ways, yes we as supporters should be supporting the team and encouraging them, but they need to also give us something to cheer - its the festive season afterall and its the season of giving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hindsight is awesome

Imagine we had signed Ryan Stevenson and Lee Miller when everyone was going on about it? That would have been good...(Sarcasm)

At least Stevenson is a midfielder unlike Ramsden, Reid, Law, Kerr and every other defender we have on our books that we play in this position.

A midfielder that scores a double to take his team through to the Scottish Cup....?

A midfielder that looks as if he might give a toss and not be as weak as our lot...?

I ain't saying he's great but he's a damn site better than our central midfield options.

At least Stevenson is a midfielder unlike Ramsden, Reid, Law, Kerr and every other defender we have on our books that we play in this position.

A midfielder that scores a double to take his team through to the Scottish Cup....?

A midfielder that looks as if he might give a toss and not be as weak as our lot...?

I ain't saying he's great but he's a damn site better than our central midfield options.

Seriously?

A player who has even admitted he has been shit this season...http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-goal-hero-ryan-4726282

We hardly needed a slow, unfit central midfielder when we have Vigurs, Lasley, Lawson, Carswell and Leitch all in to play in that area

Gie us peace

We will get relegated if we persist with the centre midfield pairing of lasley and Reid / Ramsden between now and the end of the season. We need someone who resembles a footballer somewhere in there. At the very most 1 of the 3 of them should be in central midfield at any one time.

Send O'Brien back to Derby. Never thought I would ever say it but get Kerr in at centre half and use o'brien wage on a decent midfielder. Lawson at least showed he can pass a ball on Saturday - pity he's made of chocolate.

We have been unfortunate with Carswell and his injury otherwise he would have been pairing Lasley. Also, Leitch hasn't kicked on as much as we all thought he might.

I would agree with sending OB back. Not much between him and Kerr in my eyes. However it would leave us light on cover in the centre of defence.

If we did reinvest the cash it could be used in my eyes on a left winger or a centre mid or a left back...plenty choices in how to spend it!

I think O'Brien has been our best centre half but I don't think he is markedly better than McManus, Kerr, Ramsden so I wouldn't object to reinvesting that money on someone who can maybe remove some of that pressure on them. Lawson is the midfielder who keeps the shape and rarely loses the ball. He is the unshowy unspectacular guy who can make your midfield and Saturday's first half showed that. He has had real good games for us before and only the odd torrid one, problem is he is never bloody fit!