Motherwell V Celtic 06/12/14

Yabba's Turd

Let's forget about the fact it was 1-0 for a second.....we got absolutely annihilated. Celtic must have missed about 6 or 7 utterly guilt-edged chances that on another day they would have taken.

There are so many players in our team who need moved on quickly....

Kerr, Ramsden, Angol, Law, Vigurs and Sutton...all utterly pish. McManus was half-decent, the keeper had a blinder, Ojamma worked his socks off, Carswell and Lasley have had better games.

Unusually for a game that we lost against Celtic when a couple of decisions went against us, I thought the referee was absolutely outstanding. Angol's handball was ball to hand at close range, the red card was ferocious and DOGSO and Erwin blatantly dived.

As for us, we really don't learn do we? Dundee United waltzed through us time and again last week and this week we let an even better team do the same. Ramsden had a day to forget. Kerr's backpass could have been firmer but he was rushed by Guidetti (who despite not been at his best today, is one of the best movers I've seen at Fir Park for years) and it was good enough but Ramsden seemed to shield it from Dan and then run out the road. Was just kamikaze nonsense. Johansen and Stokes certainly punished us there.

Celtic missed so many chances, especially in the ten minutes after the red card it was frightening. However as they kept missing you could see the belief coming to our guys. My learned and drunken friend behind me told me with each passing sitter that this had 1-1 written all over it and when Ainsworth put that ball in, I believed for a second!

On the differing reactions to Vigurs and Ojamaa giving the ball away the reason for that, in my view, is that when Ojamaa does it he tracks back and attempts to win it back. When Vigurs does it, he sometimes does that, he sometimes makes a halfhearted retraction and he sometimes stands and admires the view.

Positives are that we clung into the game, Ferguson did well when he came on, despite the miss and dive Erwin looked lively as did Ainsworth.

Baffled by the decision to only allow 2 minutes added time. All subs used plus Ambrose down injured. Obviously Celtic being up against it for the last couple of minutes played a part in the decision.

Ambrose and Kerr injuries plus 1 sub equaled 2 minutes in the first half

5 subs in second half but we did our two together so only four stoppages in play equaled 2 minutes in second half

Seemed fair enough to me.

Watched it on the tele and i'm quite surprised that people who were their thought Lasley had a poor game, for me he was our best outfield player, always looking for the ball and covered more grass than most.Angol looked ok but he lacks confidence when it comes to taking a man on, he's always looking for a sideways or backwards pass rather than having a go at somebody.Vigurs was utter rubbish barring a couple of decent bits of skill, he can't do the simple thing.Half a dozen times he had a pass on but proceeded to run about with the ball like a headless chicken before losing it.Our best players by far was Twardzik again, could have been worse than last year if they'd been a bit more clinical though.

As for the pens I thought Angols was a certain pen, he moved his arm up towards the ball and the cross came from a good 10 yards away.None of the others were pens.

• Like 1

The problem with Lasley, for me, is that all of his current charging about the pitch leaves a huge gap which is continually exploited. It's not good, it's ill disciplined.

He must be told to charge forward though while Vigurs 'sits'. It's been a long time since Lasley played a disciplined role in front of defence.

The problem with Lasley, for me, is that all of his current charging about the pitch leaves a huge gap which is continually exploited. It's not good, it's ill disciplined.

I feel the problem is the balance of midfield, Lasley needs support beside him that Vigurs can't offer. Carswell or Lawson would provide better balance. Leave Vigurs on the bench he could be a good impact player.

1417963949[/url]' post='426400']

What i'd do with Vigours is run his ARSE off at training all week. If he could actually run he's technically not bad but he's a lazy c---. <_>

Your complete inability to spell the names of most of our players has convinced that your football opinion is worth taking note of.

It's Vigurs, as it has been every day of his life.

As for calling him lazy, well that's just lazy rehashing of a popular view amongst his detractors. The guy is always looking for the ball and is then faced with a static set of team mates.

The fact that a defender who was culpable for the goal yesterday and then got himself sent off was given a standing ovation as he departed, while a midfielder who never hid and was at least trying to make something happen was hounded routinely says it all for me...

• Like 4

ooohhhh don't start on vigurs on here ,,or his lazy arsed fan club will have you :wallbash: oh and he won the ball well yesterday and with the option of 3 passes , HE PASSED IT FOR A SHY TO THEM ,,,,,, hes a lazy passenger ,,,,,,, oh yes hes got skill . but right now we need more than that ????????????

1417949492[/url]' post='426383']

Lasley was the man who was up with Erwin at the end when he chose to go for the curler. If he had slipped Las in there would have been a better chance of a goal. However he may have taken Lasley's finishing into consideration.

I'm in the Vigurs is lazy camp. That or the guy has a worse engine than Ross Forbes. Dunno what's worse not wanting to work hard or just not being able to.

Lawson showed more ability in 45 minutes against Utd than Vigurs has all season. I just don't see him as the creative genius that he is made out to be. Yes he can do a nice pirouette in the middle of the park but what's the point if you constantly give the ball away, and then worst of all don't give 100% to try and win it back.

He totally hung Hammell out to dry in the home game against Stjarnan which led to the second goal with his defensive indiscipline and has continued in the same vein ever since. Yesterday he was blowing out his arse after 15 mins, constantly gave the ball away and was far too easily knocked off the ball. Izaguirre ghosting past him at the back post was classic Vigurs.

He started in exactly the same way last season and then to his credit slowly came on to a game, but I can't see that happening this season unfortunately.