Motherwell V Celtic 06/12/14

Yabba's Turd

I can understand the opinions that Vigurs is our most creative player but the system we play I don't feel we can afford to include him especially in central midfield, play him in a more advanced role linking midfield and a forward would probably suit him and offer the luxury of his creativity without his poor work rate causing any problems.

Absolute nonsense, a creative player like Vigurs is exactly what we need when we're struggling to score.

When was the last time he looked as if he gave a shit after loosing the ball or after making a bad pass ,standing still and giving a shrug is not acceptable. My Granny could run faster than him and she would also be able to sprint back to help defend a bit. his tracking back is awful, little more than a jog . No doubt he has skill but a footballer MUST be able to run that's a prerequisite no room for that in midfield given our position in the table . Not fair on Lasley either trying to do it all himself

Yesterday he was blowing out his arse after 15 mins, constantly gave the ball away and was far too easily knocked off the ball.

Yep, was 17 minutes on the clock, when he made a good run, and had no support, did well trying to hold it up and eventually gave it away (not his fault). The problem was, he was fucked for a good few minutes after that, and just walked back into our half.

• Like 1

When was the last time he looked as if he gave a shit after loosing the ball or after making a bad pass ,standing still and giving a shrug is not acceptable.

A good team is a balance of ball players and boiler room workers. I don't remember Bobby Russell, Davie Cooper, Gary McAllister etc. giving a shit when they made a bad pass. In fact that is often the sign of a good player who will keep trying to make the killer pass all day long until they pay off.

Vigurs is the best footballer in our team, but you also wouldn't want him beside you in the trenches. It's called a Relegation Battle for a reason and he's not the guy we need for that.

Who in our midfield is? Usually Lasley would be the first man on the Team sheet for this kind of thing but he's almost on par with Vigurs when it comes to no chance getting the ball back after llosing it.

Defensively our midfield is as weak as a shit after a night of Indian food and drinking - although maybe the return of Carswell will help...

I can understand the opinions that Vigurs is our most creative player but the system we play I don't feel we can afford to include him especially in central midfield, play him in a more advanced role linking midfield and a forward would probably suit him and offer the luxury of his creativity without his poor work rate causing any problems.

Exactly why we need a manager who is willing to try a different system. I don't think it's any coincidence that our best 45 minutes of football this season was when Black changed things around, and played a formation that accommodated and played to the strengths of both Lawson and Vigurs. Just a pity Lawson got injured again, as with the right manager and setup, I think he could be a massive player for us (along with Vigurs).